jace deck sets?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
hello i'm new to the forums in all, but i really saw how good the jace deck went with a lot of the new dlc decks like SS and how decking cards increases bombs like mortivore, sewer nemisis, and lord of extinction and wondering if anybody had a good deck set for jace? if so could you post yours or least provide a link to a thread that can applied to the new decks on 2hg please. thank you and also looking for cut down versions not more then 60 or 61 cards.
Welcome to the forums! The main Jace thread is filled with 1v1 builds but for the most part any mill machine type deck will work as long as your partner has control stall. We have a two-headed giant thread and I add decks to the opening post as people come up with them. There is a "Turbo-Mill Machine" build in there. Don't confuse it with the Jace build you'll see by Stevo paired with obedient dead....two totally different combinations...

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
okie thank you sir
I went into the thread and edited the mill version just now, FYI....Its the one paired with the life-deck....
killa, really like the deck set you provided and used it as a backbone to this deck set i provided i took out the jaces phantasms because not going for life put decking and need all decking cards can get then took out the dreamborn muses because don't like the freindly fire aspect of it.

2x hedron crab
2x thought scour
2x tome scour
2x unsummon
2x counterspell
1x grindlock
2x howling mine
2x into the roil
2x jaces erasure
3x mind sculpt
2x sappire medallion
2x aether adept
1x dream fracture
2x clone
2x font of mythos
1x sleep
1x wheel and deal
1x archive trap
2x traumatize
2x chancellor of the spires

now you may be thinking wheres the creatures? but i put enough instants in this deck set to stall out till could deck them and even so ill probably use for 2hg so will have defenders from freinds side. also thank you killa for providing the link helped me create the backbone on this deck which out of all the decks in magic 2013 this one was hardest to trim down near 60 so thanks for that, feel really confindent about the deck set now.                        
killa, really like the deck set you provided and used it as a backbone to this deck set i provided i took out the jaces phantasms because not going for life put decking and need all decking cards can get then took out the dreamborn muses because don't like the freindly fire aspect of it.

2x hedron crab
2x thought scour
2x tome scour
2x unsummon
2x counterspell
1x grindlock
2x howling mine
2x into the roil
2x jaces erasure
3x mind sculpt
2x sappire medallion
2x aether adept
1x dream fracture
2x clone
2x font of mythos
1x sleep
1x wheel and deal
1x archive trap
2x traumatize
2x chancellor of the spires

now you may be thinking wheres the creatures? but i put enough instants in this deck set to stall out till could deck them and even so ill probably use for 2hg so will have defenders from freinds side. also thank you killa for providing the link helped me create the backbone on this deck which out of all the decks in magic 2013 this one was hardest to trim down near 60 so thanks for that, feel really confindent about the deck set now.                        

Some tips from my perspective...

I won't immediately jump on your for cutting the phantasms as this is 2HG and if you are relying on an opponent for defense I can understand going PURE MILL.  But and this BUT is HUGE... I cannot see why you are running a 4 mana clone when you can run a 1 mana 5/5 flier (the phantasm in a turbo mill will become 5/5 fast). Turn 4 allows you to cast a 5/5 flier for one mana and use the remaining mana for milling. The way you have it is a bit less efficient...

I would include the dreamborn muses. All three with the howling mines and font of mythos. I think that is kind of a point in a "mill machine" build. The mill machine is the howling mine and font of mythos keep your opponents hands near seven cards and drawing extra card every turn and the muse keeps making them lose 7 a turn.

And if you are going for pure mill, why the Aether adept? It will stall an opponent a turn by returning their creature and gives you chump blocker...but a 5/5 one mana fier still seems somewhat better here and again, frees up 2 mana for a mind scult/thought scour/tome scour/.

I think somewhere you need to fit 3x Muse and 4x Phantasm...but include the muses before the phantasms if your teammate has defense/lifegain

I'd cut at least 1x traumatize and 2x adept... I do like the clone though because its 2x more dreamborn muses in turbo mill.....and the muse is a chump blocker if neessary......

What you are doing is giving your opponents (and yourself) free cards (howling mine and font of mythos) but you aren't making them pay for it (dreamborn muse). I'm not an expert but I think that will be bad in the long run....gives your opponents too many options...
Also, just as an FYI though you probably know this already, sleep isn't that good in 2HG because it only targets one of your opponents... So only half the board is going to sleep.
thank you for the advice on the current deck set but i've done a few 1v1s and even going up against the goblin deck i was still able to mill them and i will try to bring those cards you said back in but the current deck build works for me. also do you see these insert icons btw? ha ha really funny :D
Sign In to post comments