About Transform....

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Say I have a Ludevic Test Subject. gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details....

I play it and instantly manage to get 5 tokens on it on the same turn. Am I able to attack with it? (I'm guessing not since it doesn't have haste)

Similiarly, if during my opponents attack phase, I complete 5 tokens on it, will I be able to defend with it then?

Thank you so much !
Ludevic's Test Subject

1) Transforming the Test Subject does not change whether or not it has summoning sickness. It will not be able to attack. If you had controlled the Test Subject since the start of your turn, it could attack.

2) Yes, you can block with Ludevic's Abomination after you transform it. However, if it was tapped, transforming will not untap it, so you wouldn't be able to block in that case.

Basically, transforming a permanent doesn't cause it to become a new permanent. It simply changes the traits of the permanent that was already there.
Rules Advisor
That's correct. If you add 5 counters to it the turn you play it, you won't be able attack because it will still be sick.

However, summoning sickness doesn't stop a creature from blocking, nor does transforming remove a creature from combat. You can block and that add the 5th counter, or add the 5th counter and then block.

Also remember that tokens are the objects generally used to represent creatures that aren't cards, while counters are the markers you put on cards for things like the Test Subject. 
All Generalizations are Bad
That's correct. If you add 5 counters to it the turn you play it, you won't be able attack because it will still be sick.

However, summoning sickness doesn't stop a creature from blocking, nor does transforming remove a creature from combat. You can block and that add the 5th counter, or add the 5th counter and then block.

Also remember that tokens are the objects generally used to represent creatures that aren't cards, while counters are the markers you put on cards for things like the Test Subject. 

cheers for both replies!