My prediction for "Sinker"

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boros Jailer
Creature - Human Soldier | 2/2
Whenever Boros Jailer attacks, detain target creature defending player controls. (Until your next turn, that creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be activated.)

Gruul War-Chant
Sorcery
Target creature you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")

Dimir Sleeper
Creature - Spirit | 1/3
Dimir Sleeper is unblockable.
Unleash (You may have this creature enter the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. It can't block as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Orzhov Drudge
Creature - Spirit | 2/2
Scavenge (, Exile this card from your graveyard: Put a number of +1/+1 counters equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery.)

Simic Copulation
Sorcery
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature, then populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of a creature token you control.)
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
Shouldn't it be a white card with Unleash and a black card with populate?

Also, copulation?
Good ideas, there's no reason for these mechanics to be restricted on two colors..

Also, copulation?

The concept of ally/enemy colors doesn't apply in Ravnica. I thought more about which other guild would most likely use the mechanic.
Simic makes me smile because copulate rhymes with populate.
I'm kinda iffy on the idea of using the same mechanics for the next five guilds. I mean, that's cool and all, but I feel each guild having their own keywords is a lot more fun. If we want more Unleash, Overload, or what have you, maybe a Time Spiral 2.0 block will bring those back.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

Also, copulation?

That's how you populate. But the keyword "populate" reminds me R Kelly's "Share My Love" and how the word "populate" is a black hole of fail in that song.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I'm kinda iffy on the idea of using the same mechanics for the next five guilds. I mean, that's cool and all, but I feel each guild having their own keywords is a lot more fun. If we want more Unleash, Overload, or what have you, maybe a Time Spiral 2.0 block will bring those back.

this is for Sinker, the Spring set. Gatecrash will give each of the remaining guilds new mechanics. what he's suggesting is that in the set after, we see each of the guild's keywords move to another guild.

I like that you didn't follow a predictable pattern in your guild choices. it makes it much easier to fit things where they really belong. I also liked that each guild you chose shared a color with the original mechanic. will make it somewhat annoying to go the other way though once we see the Gatecrash mechanics.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

...I also liked that each guild you chose shared a color with the original mechanic...

I didn't realize I did that.
...I also liked that each guild you chose shared a color with the original mechanic...

I didn't realize I did that.

honestly though, I suspect that if they do this they'll make two five-card cycles, which means colors will have to be rearranged a bit.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I wouldn't be suprised if something like this happens but I suspect WOTC would try to tie it into a cycle. Probably a loose one -I mean how do you ft overload and unleash into a tight cycle? Maybe they'd just settle for using somewhat similar names.
I wouldn't be suprised if something like this happens but I suspect WOTC would try to tie it into a cycle. Probably a loose one -I mean how do you ft overload and unleash into a tight cycle? Maybe they'd just settle for using somewhat similar names.

By blending them together?

Hmm...Unleash and overload...Unload? 
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Pretty good, although I'm a bit tired of fanboys gushing over Ravinca.

Hmm...Unleash and overload...Unload? 

Sometimes I like the things that you say Rainbowface.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Sign In to post comments