Multiple Craterhoof Behemoths

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
So if I have a Craterhoof on the field that I played a previous turn and played a new craterhoof would the old craterhoof's ability reactivate? Because it says "When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get X/X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control"  It doesn't specify that it has to be that specific craterhoof it just says craterhoof.  So can I play a new a turn later and both of them have there abilities to work?
Thanks
So if I have a Craterhoof on the field that I played a previous turn and played a new craterhoof would the old craterhoof's ability reactivate? Because it says "When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get X/X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control"  It doesn't specify that it has to be that specific craterhoof it just says craterhoof.  So can I play a new a turn later and both of them have there abilities to work?
Thanks

How to autocard [card]Craterhoof Behemoth[/card] = Craterhoof Behemoth

When it refers to itself by name it means "THIS OBJECT" and not any other thing that has the same name.  Only the Craterhoof Behemoth that entered the battlefield will trigger.

_Magic: The Gathering_ Comprehensive Rules

These rules are effective as of October 1, 2012.

201.4. Text that refers to the object it's on by name means just that particular object and not any other objects with that name, regardless of any name changes caused by game effects.