Deck Critique - Vampires!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
&nbsp Cool cards. &nbsp

Edit: I think someone taught you how to use [c][/c], right? Well for whole decks you can auto-deck by puting one of these: [deck] at the very top of your list. And then the same thing but with a "/" at the bottom. Don't put X's in and be sure to put numbers in too. Hope that helps.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
HA Thanks. Still figuring this card thing out.
These are not Goblins...You lied to me...
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/7f93181f0a4ee0953e8ae20da960a876.jpg?v=90000)
That one is coming []
ok.. but Selesnyans dont take well to deception. read the Flavor text and youll see (lol)
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/7f93181f0a4ee0953e8ae20da960a876.jpg?v=90000)
Creatures    
2 Falkenrath Exterminator
1 Bloodcrazed Neonate
2 Vampire Nighthawk Really good. Get two more.
4 Crossway Vampire Not that good.
1 Erdwal Ripper Not that good. Try Stromkirk Noble - he is like a thousand times better. Get four.
4 Dark Impostor
1 Markov Patrician
1 Heirs of Stromkirk
4 Duskmantle Prowler
1 Stromkirk Patrol No.
1 Nearheath Stalker Meh.
4 Bloodthrone Vampire I like it.

Artifacts    
1 Ring of Xathrid I'm not a fan of these rings. I've never used them, but I've also never seen them used well.
1 Ring of Valkas

Enchantments    
1 Skeletal Grimace I'd get rid of all of these.
2 Mark of the Vampire
1 Spiteful Shadows

Instants and Sorcery    
2 Murder I prefer Doom blade or Go for the Throat or even Tragic Slip.
1 Gravepurge Mediocre at best.
1 Mind Rot Terribad

Lands    
12 Swamp
10 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible I'm into this but I'm not sure if it fits in your deck.
1 Reliquary Tower I don't think this belongs here.

Look into Falkenrath Aristocrat and Blood Artist.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
As this is the casual forum, I'll ask if it's your intention to keep this Standard legal, or does anything go?
Vile creatures these vampires are...but im sure this guy could help you out as well.
Yup, Nocturnus is a baddie, as well as Stromkirk Captain and Bloodline Keeper. I'd also look into a more flexible mana base. If you have no duals, ditch the non-basics there and go even steven on the swamps/mountains.
I'd like to keep it legal
Thanks for the help help guys!
I'd like to keep it legal

Standard legal means legal from the last two sets. So Everything from last year rotates out on like, Friday(?), right? I'm not sure if you knew this, because you just wrote "legal."

There are like a thousand other formats. Most casual decks allow everything - but of course, most casual players can't afford everything - so very few of them are overpowered. Extended, Modern, Legacy, and Vintage are all other popular, well kinda, formats that allow a wider range of cards.

Am I stating the obvious here? I'm beginning to feel as though I am. My apologies if I am telling you things that you were familiar with already.

139359831 wrote:
No, I'm kind of a new player. I say Legal, because I plan on playing the deck online.
www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/EditDeck
Give it a test run there.
It's a bad idea to run Crossway Vampire // Erdwal Ripper // Heirs of Stromkirk in the same deck as Murder // Vampire Nighthawk without any mana fixing.
Here is some suggestions for you.

If you want to keep it standard legal (after friday), then I would suggest: Stromkirk Noble, Blood Artist, Vampire Nighthawk, Bloodline Keeper, Falkenrath Aristocrat and of cause Stromkirk Captain. Maybe you could include Rakish Heir as a cheap choice. As for spells I would go for Dreadbore, Brimstone Volley, Tragic Slip and Sign in Blood, and for the mana fixing Dragonskull Summit, Blood Crypt and Cavern of Souls.

If you want to use older cards, I would suggest:  Bloodghast, Kalastria Highborn, Gatekeeper of Malakir, Vampire Hexmage, Vampire Nocturnus, Vampire Lacerator and Captivating Vampire, and for the spells: Dismember, Go for the Throat, Doom Blade, Terminate and Lightning Bolt. The manafixing is almost the same as above, but there is also Blackcleave Cliffs.

I hope these suggestions help, I have build my own vampire deck some time ago and many of the cards that you have chosen are not the optimal choice (know that from my own experience with them ).
Sign In to post comments