Help building a good Rakdos deck

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

What do I see you ask? I see dead people, all of them burned to a crisp... I was bored.
1-ofs don't help. 
You need consistancy. Adjust for a bunch of 3-4 ofs in there, and I'll give you further advice.
You looking for just a full RTR or regular standard?
Regular standard
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

What do I see you ask? I see dead people, all of them burned to a crisp... I was bored.
Personally I like playing Rakdos very aggressively by using a fairly low curve, fast aggressive creatures and cheap burn/pump spells.

Aggressive Rakdos creatures I'd recommend: Rakdos Cackler, Rakdos Shred-Freak, Thrill-Kill Assassin, Hellhole Flailer, and Hellrider.

A couple of my friend's also swear by Vampire Nighthawk because of the abilities you get for the little mana you pay.

Carnival Hellsteed I found to be a useful finisher in the prerelease, although it's a fairly high cost if you're playing aggro.

Cheap pump spells like Deviant Glee and Dynacharge help push extra damage through. I found Dynacharge really useful in the prerelease, due to overload.

Cheap burn also works really effectively to removal early threats and to allow your small creatures through. Pillar of Flame and Annihilating Fire have the bonus of being able to exile your opponents creatures if they die, which stops any graveyard interactions.

As long as you don't mind sacrifice your creatures Fling is also worth a look especially with unleash and cheap pump spells.
1-ofs don't help. 
You need consistancy. Adjust for a bunch of 3-4 ofs in there, and I'll give you further advice.

I think that putting master of cruelty x 4 would be quite useful, and using 4 auger spree, and 4 blightning, if blightning is standered, or it will be extended.
I would put in 4 murder, and 4 geths virdict and 4 flames of the fire brand. instead of skull rend use ligtning bolt X4 and instead of rakdose charm use an extra pyro convergence.

Master of cruelty X4
4 rakdose lord of riots, or 2
12 decent hate creatures with low mana cost as possible.
4 plainswalker -chandra and liliana 2 of each.

4 slaughter games
4 murder
4 geths virdict
4 lightning bolt
2 pyroconvergence
it may cost extra but use those non basic lands that say if you have a mountain or swamp they are in play untaped,
and you would use 4
then 4 pain land
and 4 of those gates and the rest basic land 8 swamps and 8 mountain.