UW Hexproof Spirits

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

Is this fast enough to make sense for standard? In what ways can it be improved?

UW Spirits
60 cards
2 Azorius Guildgate
2 Glacial Fortress
2 Hallowed Fountain
8 Island
1 Moorland Haunt
8 Plains
23 lands

4 Doomed Traveler
4 Drogskol Captain
3 Geist of Saint Traft
3 Phantom General
2 Geist-Honored Monk
16 creatures

4 Ethereal Armor
3 Mizzium Skin
2 Favorable Winds
2 Intangible Virtue
3 Detention Sphere
3 Midnight Haunting
2 Martial Law
2 Tricks of the Trade
21 other spells

Created with Decked Builder

Sent from my iPad
Actually make that one less Mizzium Skin and one more Detention Sphere. I think the more i mess with it the more i see i really need a 2 drop to make it work better.
This is another take on it. 

UW Spirits
60 cards
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Hallowed Fountain
7 Island
1 Moorland Haunt
8 Plains
23 lands

4 Doomed Traveler
2 Keening Apparition
2 Niblis of the Urn
4 Drogskol Captain
3 Geist of Saint Traft
2 Drogskol Reaver
17 creatures

2 Blustersquall
4 Ethereal Armor
2 Mizzium Skin
1 Spectral Flight
3 Detention Sphere
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Call to the Kindred
2 Martial Law
2 Tricks of the Trade
20 other spells

Created with Decked Builder

Sent from my iPad

UW Spirits
60 cards
1 Cavern of Souls
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Hallowed Fountain
7 Island
1 Moorland Haunt
8 Plains
24 lands

4 Doomed Traveler
2 Keening Apparition
2 Niblis of the Urn
4 Drogskol Captain
3 Geist of Saint Traft
1 Bruna, Light of Alabaster
1 Drogskol Reaver
17 creatures

2 Blustersquall
4 Ethereal Armor
1 Favorable Winds
1 Spectral Flight
3 Detention Sphere
2 Oblivion Ring
1 Call to the Kindred
2 Martial Law
2 Tricks of the Trade
1 Righteous Authority
19 other spells

After playing a little with it i have made a few changes to it. I dont know how to approach the sideboard now. Anyway i thought i would post an update. The other spells are now all enchantments, except for the 2 Blustersqall, to feed ethereal armor. 
My version (still working on post-cycle edits):

Only actual creatures are for support/one drops. Drogskol Captain serves as an anthem + body, Dungeon Geists locks down a creature, and Doomed Traveler is useful as a sac body and a 1 drop. Everything else is tokens, and other than the traveler everything gets buffed from Favorable Winds. Azorius Charm is a new addition I'm trying out to either come back from a bad start (lifelink), search for a replacement (draw), or remove threats/limit a turn (bounce). Blustersquall is another new trick. Before I was usuing Feeling of Dread, but the overload on bluster can cripple attempted offensives, or clear the way against opposing flyers. End result is a mass of large, flying, vigilant, hexproof sprits being thrown at the enemy with control elements thrown in.

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20795.jpg)

If you were going the token route did you consider Phantom General or Geist Honored Monk?
Both, however, they're both too expensive for what they give. Phantom General is 4 for a grounded body + weaker Intangible Virtue. The lack of flying is actually a big player. I actually had 2 Geist-Honored Monk in my build at one point, but she lacks evasion, despite being a great wall. Unfortunantly, you'll usually be blocking with her instead of swinging. I personally like her, though. The deck just played better with a more focused build.

edit: I think both would work better in a Selencya build, especially the Phantom General since he would cover several different types of tokens that way. 

There is a lot of enchantment removal in standard right now. The drogskull captain gives the general hexproof and 1/1 so theres that. Something to consider anyway
Good point, I have faced a lot of enchantment hate, definitely. I usually side board 3 Negates and couple Nevermores (if I know whats comming) to deal with removal. I can see the usefulness of the general as a possible side-board, though. 

mindshrieker and latch seeker
[C]lingering souls[/c] and cackling counterpart should in this deck
Sign In to post comments