Fiend Hunter plus Cloudshift

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, if I use Fiend Hunter to exile a creature, then follow up with a Cloudshift or an effect like Nephalia Smuggler does the creature remain permanently exiled?
if you time it right
you have to use Cloudshift in response to the exile trigger

the end result will be that 1 creature is permanently exiled and 1 "temporarily"
if you have ways to repeat this you can permanently exile multiple creatures, simply keep flickering the Fiend Hunter in response to its ETB trigger
proud member of the 2011 community team
Hello, if I use Fiend Hunter to exile a creature, then follow up with a Cloudshift or an effect like Nephalia Smuggler does the creature remain permanently exiled?

Yes, that's possible. To do it correctly, you need to play cloudshift or nephalia smuggler's ability in response to fiend hunter's first ability. If you wait until the fiend hunter's first ability has resolved, you're too late.

Also, when the fiend hunter re-enters the battlefield, it's first ability will trigger again, allowing you to exile a 2nd creature. This creature is only temporarily exiled, not permanently like the first one.

If he is already on the field, can it still be done? Or do I need to bounce him back into my hand to do so?
if he is already on the field you have to flicker him at least twice to exile something permanently
proud member of the 2011 community team
Thank you ever so much! My new blue white deck will work a lot more efficiently now that I know that thank you!
Sign In to post comments