Few questions (Lilis shade+Prey upon)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello,

another week another questions so here I go:

I would like to ask you to clarify for me how Liliana's Shade +1/+1 ability works. When I declare attack with the Shade I (for example) tap two swamps so Shade is 3/3. Than my opponent declares that he blocks it with 4/4 -> can I at this moment tap another two swamps to get 5/5?

And another question is about Prey Upon -> when I use it on my creature that has protection from black and I fight a black creature does the black creature deal damage to the white one with protect? (Eg.: 2/2 klight with protect fights 2/2 black zombie -> do both creatures die or just the zombie?)

Thank you.! ;) 

you can activate Liliana's Shade's ability as often as you can pay for it, whenever you have priority
so yes, you can do it after blockers have been declared and before combat damage is dealt

protection protects from DEBT
Damage, Enchant/Equip, Block, Target

so the black creature cannot deal damage to the creature with protection from black (with some exceptions)
proud member of the 2011 community team
you can activate Liliana's Shade's ability as often as you can pay for it, whenever you have priority
so yes, you can do it after blockers have been declared and before combat damage is dealt

so the black creature cannot deal damage to the creature with protection from black (with some exceptions)

Thanks.!  

Another question about this. Can I activate Liliana's Shade ability on my opponents turn if I want to block with it?
Yes. You can activate the ability any time you could cast an instant (if you can pay the cost).

Don't forget Fortifications.

DEBTF
Fortifications are handled by the E
but they are so rare that I don't mention them ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments