Th best and the worst.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
What in your opinion your the best general and the worst general.
PLEASE AUTOCARD! 
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and Sivitri Scarzam are clearly the best.  Duh.

On a serious note, we could talk all day about the worst ones, most of which are vanilla.  However, it is impossible to quantify or rank any commander as best, second best etc. 

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Haakon, Stromgald Scourge has to be the worst, because there's no possible way to cast him.  At least with Phage the Untouchable you can run Torpor Orb or something.
Hm I dunno about that. A commander-less monoblack deck can still be more powerful than a monored deck, even one with a pretty good general.
Clearly you haven't run up against a tight, toned Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker list... *shudder*

Normal (multiplayer) EDH has way too many variables for me to name one commander as the best. But in my experience, one-on-one, Edric, Spymaster of Trest is the best. And you can build a vicious one-on-one Edric list for about $10.

RxPhantom, I had a Sivitri Scarzam deck once Just until I got Wrexial, the Risen Deep, though. And now that deck's morphed into Dakkon Blackblade.

Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Normal (multiplayer) EDH has way too many variables for me to name one commander as the best. But in my experience, one-on-one, Edric, Spymaster of Trest is the best. And you can build a vicious one-on-one Edric list for about $10.

Not viable any longer. The french list banned Edric as a commander.
Haakon is the worst. What other commander does nothing? The deck might be good, but the commander is crap.

Best commander? Decks not withstanding, I would say animar for cost and protection- though I'm under a general asdumption assumption that creatures would be played in that deck.

3DH4LIF3

Not viable any longer. The french list banned Edric as a commander.

Interesting. No one around here plays French rules, though.
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.