White Weenies (Humans/tokens)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Currently G/W because of support, however, this prevents the flashback cost of Lingering souls. Any ideas to splash black, or to make a B/W build competitive in the new format would be great, as well as fixes to the G/W version.

Edit: currently dropped some plains and 1 forest for stuff.

Also, making room for some doomed traveler to have more one drops would be good too.

Creatures: 15
4 Precinct Captain
2 Angel of Jubilation
4 Champion of the Parish
1 Doomed Traveler
2 Mentor of the Meek
2 Wayfaring Temple 

Planeswalkers: 2
2 Ajani, Caller of the Pride

Instants:5
3 Midnight Haunting
2 Selesnya Charm

Sorceries: 10
2 Entreat the Angels
4 Gather the Townsfolk
4 Lingering Souls

Enchantments: 6
4 Intangible Virtue
2 Oblivion Ring

Lands: 24
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove
2 Gavony Township
8 Plains
4 Isolated Chapel

Side: 15
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Selesnya Charm
1 Angelic Overseer
2 Geist-honored monk
2 Thragtusk
2 Sundering Growth
2 Druid's Deliverance
2 Terminus
2 Rest in Peace

Cut Champion of the Parish. He only triggers off like 6 cards in your deck.
Cut Champion of the Parish. He only triggers off like 6 cards in your deck.

He triggers off of 12.

However, he is good enough it might be worth it to find room for something like Loyal Cathar, or Increasing Devotion (which fits well in general). 

Also, I guess I can probably just drop the evolving wilds for isolated chapels, but idk, deck thinning is nice.

The deck thinning is irrelevant. It takes 4 fetch activations to affect the chance of drawing one spell when you would have drawn a land by 50%.
The deck thinning is irrelevant. It takes 4 fetch activations to affect the chance of drawing one spell when you would have drawn a land by 50%.

So I might as well run isolated chapel, and then possibly have access to Vault of the Archangel (would be amazing in here, but not sure if worth it)
Updated and autocarded. Looking to find room for a 2 or 3 wayfaring temple
Not a fan of Wayfaring Temple, simply because it doesn't have Trample.

Maybe consider Champion of Lambholt.

(at)MrEnglish22

Yeah, Wayfaring is just a Crusader of Odric. When it gets in and damages an opponent to populate it works well, but you'd need to MD Rancor for that, and I don't see that happening here.

I'd get rid of the Phantom Generals. As a 4-drop it limits your mid-game plays, all with a mediocre body and, being a creature, much more susceptible to removal. You want to save your 4 mana for your Growing Ranks and your Vault plays.

You need more removal tho, so I'd make those Generals into Oblivion Rings.

The winningest BW token decks all run Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. Might want to look into that. 

Running Champion of Lambholt would mean changing your entire manabase to accomodate the GG in the casting cost. I wouldn't recommend it.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I don't want to focus on black because we don't have a BW shockland, and swamps mess up my early game plays.

Rancor is pretty amazing in here, plus it comboes with selesnya charm to have more targets for banishing. That seems like a differently focused deck. 

I'm not really sure what to take out for it at the moment, though, if I were to run it. 

Wayfaring temple has been testing amazingly. If they're forced to block it, usually it's big enough to run over things, so that's fine, I'm still gaining field and card advantage (similar to precinct's playstyle). Often though, I can force it through.
Not many changes recently. While mentor of the meek is good, and I need draw power, three mana for it's weak body is lackluster. Right now I'm hoping to find another source of draw power. Doomed traveler is pretty worthless, so I'm thinking of dropping in for a 3rd wayfaring or selesnya charm.

Abundant growth seems promising if I end up wanting to add more black cards. There's not much else to consider. Triumph of ferocity is ok, since I have attack boosting cards, but it's weak. If I end up using more black, there are higher power options like Bloodgift Demon that can be used mid-to late-game. Need opinions.
Sign In to post comments