A question about lands

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can a player use a farseek to search library for a blood crypt?

Does blood crypt satisfy the requirment for dragonskull summit to bring the land into play un-tapped?

Blood crypt is not a basic land. but it does say Land - Swamp Mountain

Is there an official rulling on this? Thanks.
Yes.

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

As stated in its TYPELINE, Blood Crypt is a Swamp.
And Farseek is looking for a Swamp, which is a card with the SUBTYPE «Swamp» (not a card named Swamp)

109.2. If a spell or ability uses a description of an object that includes a card type or subtype, but doesn’t include the word “card,” “spell,” “source,” or “scheme,” it means a permanent of that card type or subtype on the battlefield.

109.2a If a spell or ability uses a description of an object that includes the word “card” and the name of a zone, it means a card matching that description in the stated zone.

205.3i Lands have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called land types. The land types are Desert, Forest, Gate, Island, Lair, Locus, Mine, Mountain, Plains, Power-Plant, Swamp, Tower, and Urza’s.

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

As opposed to many other similar cards, Farseek is not specifically looking for a BASIC land card;
that is why Blood Crypt can be found.

205.4a A card can also have one or more supertypes. These are printed directly before its card types. The supertypes are basic, legendary, ongoing, snow, and world.

Thank you Chaikov. That was a very good explanation, and helped to clarify that my opponent was indeed, not cheating, but rather using a very crafty play within the rules of the game. This game really makes you think.
since Blood Crypt is not yet Standard legal he might still have been cheating ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
109.2 doesn't apply. The word "card" is included.

The answer is "yes" but it's not in the rules. It's just common knowledge that 1) it's always a reference to a card supertype, type or subtype, and 2) it doesn't matter if the card also has other supertypes, types or subtypes.

Sign In to post comments