Jund Deck

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I have a deck idea I wanted to throw out there, and I was wondering if you guys could help me come up with some ideas for it / suggestions. 

My goal is to utilize +1/+1 counters, via the new scavenge, blessing of nature, and corpse jack menace, and then steam roll the opponent but have enough removal to not worry about their creatures. 

I have around 6 card spots still open that im not sure what to throw in there, so go ahead and give me some ideas for those 9 spots, or let me know if you think I should take anything out! I was thinking of some increasing Savegery, or should I just put that in instead of blessing? 

I was also trying to figure out some ramp for here, but since I dont have any basic forests, Arbor Elf is out. Any ideas for that part? I also had the idea of potentially Strangleroot Geist

I was also thinking maybe jarad's orders or something along those lines. 

Thank you so so much! 

Creatures:

Corpsejack Menace x4 (Maybe 3 here)
Lotleth Troll x4
Huntmaster of the Fells x4
Slitherhead x4
Vampire Nighthawk x4

Spells: 

Rancor x4
Blessing of Naturex3
Dreadbore x4
Mizziam Mortars x3 (Will eventually be replaced with bone fire but mizziam will be more obtainable on the wallet side) 

Lands:

Dragonskull Summit x4
Rootbound Crag x4 
Woodland Cemetary x4
Blood Crypt x4 
Overgrown Tomb x4

Sideboard

Rakados Charmx3 (For versus token decks, once they get +10 guys on the field, hit them with that and thats a good chunk of their life gone)
Golgari Charmx3 (for removal)
Any other sideboard suggestions?
Just changed it around a bit, now im sitting at:  
Took away the idea of +1/+1 counters.  

My decklist

4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
2 Strangleroot giest
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Huntmaster of the Fells

4 Mizziam Mortars
3 Abrupt Decay
3 Dreadbore
3 Rancor

4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Cavern of Souls
3 Swamp

Ditch Geist. Just think about the odds of going for crawler into double for Geist into TRIPLE for messenger. In magic Christmas land sure. In real life...not so much. Even at 2 of I'd cut em for more trolls (who I wouldn't get carried away with either)

Honestly, the troll is a giant trap vs aggro and midrange decks. It has uses vs control because of resilience, but you don't want to be pitching critters away and saving regen mana in the other matches.
More huntmaster.
Prob want to see thragtusk.
Less deathrite shaman. U are too aggro currently for 4. I'd run 2. Dreadbore is meh, I'd sb it. More decay and needs pillars. 4 mortars seems a touch extreme too. Try out revenge of the hunted and see if u like it. I sure as heck do.