working on an "izzet" deck

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I havent really played in a while and never posted a deck build before so hopefully I do this right.
during the prerelease I chose izzet, it felt like it fit my personality and I did like all the tricky cards and the deck felt wierd but right. even though I only won one round agaisnt someones raknos deck.
So I guess I'll post the cards that I used in the deck first, it was a 56 card deck with 9 mountains, 9 islands, and a izzet guildgate much to everyones surprise...I still had mana issues lol
okay cards are:
3x downsize 
Chemist's trick
Tenement Crusher
2x Izzet staticaster, this was one of my MVPs during the tourny
Codex Shredder, feel like saying the second MVP but was more annoying then anything
Dynacharge
2x doorkeepers
Counterflux
Hover Barrier
Utvara Hellkite, Would be MvP but mana issues state otherwise, was scary enough for one player to whipe the whole board both my and his stuff. 
2x Cancel
Mizzum Mortars
2x Survey the Wreckage
Crosstown Courier
Hypersonic Dragon (traded for a second one after teh tourney so two now) 
Essence Backlash
Goblin rally, This was an MvP throwing up a nice wall o goblins was a lifesaver in multiple games
Paralyzing grasp
Teleportal
2x cobblebrute 
Runewing
Electrickery
2x Annihilating Fire
Vandleblast, never had to use it once
Viashino Racketeer
Inaction Injunction
Frostburn Weird
Vassel Soul

That is basically what I through together for the prerelease tourny
Cards I am thinking of trying to get to add to my deck or switching out cards for:

Chromatic Lantern

Izzet Keyrune

Tablet of the Guilds

Transguild Promenade

Goblin Electromancer

Growing Ranks

Izzet Charm

Guttersnipe

Pursuit of Flight

Pyroconvergence

Racecourse Fury

Chronic Flooding

Psychic Spiral

Arrest

Avenging Arrow

Eyes in the Skies

Phantom General

Trostani's Judgment

Krenko, Mob Boss

The white cards are because someone in another forum advised that I should splash white in the deck 

I am not entirely sure what would be best to do, I dot know bringing out goblin tokens was pure joy and I kindof like the idea of hiding behind defensive monsters while chucking spells.
Also I know I will never be a tourny winner however my the best and most enjoyable game I ever played was a VS tourny at a game store where I had to go up agasint a non regular player that the store employees refered to as "the ringer" I did lose but my deck was so annoying to kill that all the other players were proud of me for giving him a frustratingly diffcult win. So I am not sure where to take this deck I just know that it was fun.
Sorry if this isnt much info hah I havent really played in a loooong time.

I'll clean your post up a bit, otherwise no one is going to want to help you.

I haven't really played in a while and never posted a deck build before so hopefully I do this right.

During the prerelease I chose Izzet, it felt like it fit my personality and I did like all the tricky cards and the deck felt weird but right. even though I only won one round against someones Rakdos deck.

So I guess I'll post the cards that I used in the deck first. It was a 56 card deck with 9 Mountains, 9 Islands, and a Izzet Guildgate. Much to everyone's surprise I still had mana issues.

The cards are:

That is basically what I through together for the prerelease tourney.
Cards I am thinking of trying to get to add to my deck or switch out cards for:
Chromatic Lantern
Izzet Keyrune
Tablet of the Guilds
Transguild Promenade
Goblin Electromancer
Growing Ranks
Izzet Charm
Guttersnipe
Pursuit of Flight
Pyroconvergence
Racecourse Fury
Chronic Flooding
Psychic Spiral
Arrest
Avenging Arrow
Eyes in the Skies
Phantom General
Trostani's Judgment
Krenko, Mob Boss

The white cards are because someone in another forum advised that I should splash white in the deck.

I am not entirely sure what would be best to do. Bringing out goblin tokens was pure joy and I kind of like the idea of hiding behind defensive monsters while chucking spells.

Also I know I will never be a tourney winner, however my the best and most enjoyable game I ever played was a in a tourney at a game store where I had to go up against a nonregular player that the store employees referred to as "The Ringer". I did lose but my deck was so annoying to kill that all the other players were proud of me for giving him a frustratingly difficult win. So I am not sure where to take this deck I just know that it was fun.

Sorry if this isn't much info, I haven't really played in a loooong time.

I'll clean your post up a bit, otherwise no one is going to want to help you.

I haven't really played in a while and never posted a deck build before so hopefully I do this right.

During the prerelease I chose Izzet, it felt like it fit my personality and I did like all the tricky cards and the deck felt weird but right. even though I only won one round against someones Rakdos deck.

So I guess I'll post the cards that I used in the deck first. It was a 56 card deck with 9 Mountains, 9 Islands, and a Izzet Guildgate. Much to everyone's surprise I still had mana issues.

The cards are:

That is basically what I through together for the prerelease tourney.
Cards I am thinking of trying to get to add to my deck or switch out cards for:
Chromatic Lantern
Izzet Keyrune
Tablet of the Guilds
Transguild Promenade
Goblin Electromancer
Growing Ranks
Izzet Charm
Guttersnipe
Pursuit of Flight
Pyroconvergence
Racecourse Fury
Chronic Flooding
Psychic Spiral
Arrest
Avenging Arrow
Eyes in the Skies
Phantom General
Trostani's Judgment
Krenko, Mob Boss

The white cards are because someone in another forum advised that I should splash white in the deck.

I am not entirely sure what would be best to do. Bringing out goblin tokens was pure joy and I kind of like the idea of hiding behind defensive monsters while chucking spells.

Also I know I will never be a tourney winner, however my the best and most enjoyable game I ever played was a in a tourney at a game store where I had to go up against a nonregular player that the store employees referred to as "The Ringer". I did lose but my deck was so annoying to kill that all the other players were proud of me for giving him a frustratingly difficult win. So I am not sure where to take this deck I just know that it was fun.

Sorry if this isn't much info, I haven't really played in a loooong time.

As with most prerelease decks, this one is really clunky. First off, just a general word of advice: you don't need a 60 card deck in a prerelease. Playing a 40 card one will give you much better results. And 18 land is not enough for a 60 card deck; 24 is the standard.

A lot of the cards you listed in your post as substitutes don't really fit, however cards like izzet charm, goblin electromancer  and guttersnipe  will work well. With Izzet, I'd pack some burn spells such as searing spear,  and try nivmagus elemental  out. If you don't want to keep it standard legal, look into some izzet cards from the original Ravnica.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."