Master's Blade clarification

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Master's Blade weapon gives a bonus when the wielder has a stance active, and has a power that allows the wielder to have 2 stances active at the same time.

My question is whether this would apply only to things that use the "stance" word, or to stance-like powers (like the essential Ranger's "Aspects", etc.) I can see the argument going either way.  What do you think?
It applies to powers with the Stance keyword, which includes the E-Rangers' Aspects (the keywords are found in the keywords line of the power, next to the power source, not in the title of the power).
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Also note that having two Stances active won't give the bonus twice even if its an untyped bonus, because bonuses from the same named game element don't stack. (RC 28)

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

If they're the same at-will stance, no.  If they're different at-will stances providing a bonus to the same thing, they stack.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I think Plague meant the property: "+1 to attack rolls while you are in a stance" not stacking when using multiple stance powers.
"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." -The Doctor, Remembrance of the Daleks
Oh, I see what you mean.  Yeah, that doesn't stack regardless of the rule about bonuses to the same named game element.  It's a binary thing, you're either in a stance or not, regardless of how many.
Yeah i think you're right, look like its binary. The Property exactly says:

''While you’re using a stance power, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls''. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter