Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Quick, hook a turbine up to him so we can get some free electricity! Hell, knowing he made something that people are getting for free would only make him spin faster!

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Quick, hook a turbine up to him so we can get some free electricity!

Yeah cause we're going to need free electricity if coal mining regulations doesn't gets under control... cause at the rate things are now, your electric bill is going to sky-rocket...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

Yeah cause we're going to need free electricity if coal mining regulations doesn't gets under control... cause at the rate things are now, your electric bill is going to sky-rocket...

Coal, like all fossil fuels, is in finite supply. And even "clean coal" is dirtier than an old man's mind.

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Coal, like all fossil fuels, is in finite supply. And even "clean coal" is dirtier than an old man's mind.

Do you have an alternative that is plentiful, clean, proven, cost-effective, and cheap to the consumer?
Well, until you do, coal is cheap, plentiful, and readily available.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Do you have an alternative that is plentiful, clean, proven, cost-effective, and cheap to the consumer?

Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
And nuclear fission reactors, of course.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Too many humans are afraid of reactor meltdowns that they even fear nuclear fusion reactors.
Humans are cowards and weaklings. Your point?
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
I can bench press almost 100 pounds! Im no weakling!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Wind generators require a lot of space and create noise pollution while dams can't be built everywhere.

But solar panels (though still not very efficient) and reactors, sure.

Sorry, doesn't provide the energy that coal does, and it's not as cheap.
I actually LOL'ed when I saw the pic of the windmill.
Been drinking kool-aid lately?
Don't forget solar, tides, thermic and biomass. And the value of reducing your energy consumption.

I said cheap and plentiful people.
I didn't ask for a list of alternate energy sources.
Too many humans are afraid of reactor meltdowns that they even fear nuclear fusion reactors.

Can you blame them after what happened at 3 Mile Island, and more recently in Japan?
Can you blame them after what happened at 3 Mile Island

I'd be fascinated to hear what you think happened at Three Mile Island that should make people fearful.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
EDIT: Grrr... The video I wanted to embed apparently has been set up to not allow it. That's freaking stupid. Anyway... youtu.be/-5bVbfWuq-Q

Wind power is terrible.  It takes a state's worth of turbines to power a city and making your energy supply dependent upon mother nature is .  Doubt it?  That drought?  Yeah, imagine if we ran wholly on ethanol.  Well, we'd have no gas, would we?  So it's stupid to see wind as some sort of permanent solution.  It's fine for supplying small amounts of power in addition to something more reilable but that's it.  That's it's entire future.  Oh, and it's also a pollutant.  Hideous to look at and they may interfere with migratory birds as well.  Next.

Hydroelectric is also a terrible idea.  Again, drought.  Lower water levels means less you can use.  Aside from that we have that whole 'can cause entire species of fish to go extinct' issue.  So yeah, real environmentally friendly.

The sun's the best bet but it's not something that can be used everywhere and it is still dependent upon nature to function.  I also happen to like that blue petroleum that they're working on.  Recycles industrial waste and creates oil.  That's pretty good, IMO.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Can you blame them after what happened at 3 Mile Island, and more recently in Japan?

"The average radiation dose to people living within ten miles of the plant was eight millirem, and no more than 100 millirem to any single individual. Eight millirem is about equal to a chest X-ray, and 100 millirem is about a third of the average background level of radiation received by US residents in a year."
There have been three major nuclear power incidents that I can think of. One was the failure of a poorly made Soviet reactor, one was Three Mile Island, and it's too early to say much about the damage caused by Fukushima Daichi. How many nuclear fission reactors have been in operation?
So long as the reactor is handled properly, designed to handle any probable disaster (an earthquake and tsunami on the scale of Tōhoku was not probable, but future designs are likely to take them into account,) and the waste is handled properly, fission poses far fewer health risks than coal, is still cheap on the mass scale of power production, and there's enough fuel on the planet to provide fuel for a certain form of reactor for about five billion years. Sound plentiful to you? And fission is just a stopgap.
Of course, I'm pretty biased, so I may not be the best source.
Good thing I didn't say that, champ.

You want wind, water and solar power.  All those?  Totally dependent upon nature.  So yeah, you did.  I get that you don't understand what you're asking for, but that's why I'm talking to you.  I'm here to educate, brah.  ;)

Small? Denmark's power is 20% wind and they want to make it to 50% by 2020.

You're right, I totally forgot how huge Denmark's landmass is.    Again, it's fine for specific areas as a supplemental source of energy.  And it's also stupid beyond belief to want half or more of your energy output to rely on nature when the reason you want it is because nature is changing.  So ya got wind now, right?  What about in 25 or 50 years?  What's that global warming thing you're so skeered of gonna do to your energy source?  Or, you know, is it really not something you see as changing all that much.

Ugly, but certainly better for your lungs and the environment, as they pollute a lot less. Birds, a myth. A handful die from hitting the mill. 

They're not better for the environment.  They take up land - a lot more than any coal plant does.  What do you think is on the land these things - and their access and service roads are - before they get there?  And no, not many birds die from flying into them.  However, it's quite often a case of shared habitat that isn't shared.  Where the wind is is often where the birds need to be.

Tragic, but a better solution than coal. Like less coal=less drought and more water for turbines. I over simplify, but you get the gist of it.

Environmentally a disaster, though.  That 'tragic' thing you're talking about has a massive impact on the environment.  Extinction is a big deal, no?  All I'm saying is you can't sell hydroelectric as environmentally better.  At least not honestly.

So basically you are saying that everything is a bad idea, so the only thing left is the status quo: coal... until we switch to another form of carbon fuel. 

A real visionary.  

When did I say anything was a bad idea?  I said it's a bad idea to put all your faith in energy supplies that are wholly dependent upon nature - especially when you constantly say how nature is totally unstable and changing for the worse because of man.  You're saying you can't rely on the main variable in your little 'safer' equation remaining stable.  That's stupid.  But hey, green feels good, right?  Who cares about how silly you look when you tell us that nature is changing because of us but that we should totally rely on it 100% (or even 'just' half or a majority) for our energy needs.  Seriously.  Think about what you're saying.  Supplemental, cleaner sources (except hydroelectric)?  Yeah, bring 'em on.  But the future of energy?  Not possible.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Quoteratin' is huuuuuurrrrrdddd.  You, sir, are a derp master when it comes to quotes. 

The ethanol. Never mentioned it. Depend on nature we are with oil and coal. At some point there will be non left. Oh, and we certainly are vulnerable to one nature with those two, human nature. Speculation and manipulation of prices of oil ring a bell?

That's price.  Higher or lower prices, it doesn't matter.  The elecrtricity is still there.  Not enough wind or sun or water?  No power.  False equivalency.  ;)

Indeed. So why not approve of it for the super large land mass that is the US? Even if it doesn't get to be has productive? It's like your quitting before even starting. "It won't be enough so let's not do it at all".

Umm, dood?  You're not seeing what I'm saying at all.  I've said we should use the stuff.  I've just said it should be supplemental.

You be a climatologist now?

I'm just as qualified as you are, Mr Pot.  ;)

Yup, there is no production of energy without consequences on the environment. Doesn't mean the consequences are all equal. But you are the master of false equivalencies.

Taking wild land and turning it into a wind farm is, to me, just as bad as polluting the air.  If it's not to you, that's kewl.  But it doesn't make it a false equivalency.  A difference of opinion, sure.

Still a myth that it will put birds in danger.

If you use the land the birds need to eat, rest or breed it certainly will.  Shorelines are often these sorts of areas.

Honestly, you do. Again you are playing the game of false equivalencies.

So to you extinction is no big deal.  See, extinction is more than one dead species.  But hey, if the point is to get us off of power supplies that alter the planet negatively, I can see how using a power source that removes a species from it - which impacts many, many other species still on it - as a lesser evil. 

Pretty much your whole your post.  

In your perverted understanding of it, sure.  In reality?  Not at all.  You just decided to take offense to words that were less than glowing (and based in reality) about something you see as a utopian savior.

And yet you do not want to change what is making the climate worse.  

When did I say that?  Oh yeah, I didn't.  I haven't mentioned what I would like to see used in addition to wind and solar.  But hey, you go ahead and make up whatever it is you need to to form an argument. 

By the way, you're advocating a power source that makes the environment worse.  Hydro kills species.  That's bad.

That is your fear. Nature scares you.

No, nature is simply unpredictable.  And it's you who says it's changing.  Can you explain how these power sources can possibly be reliable if nature - as you contend - is changing rapidly?

And that I think scares you more. Not being able to overcomsume like you'd want to.

Obviously you missed the point of that story.  See, you seem to think that human nature and nature nature have the same impact on power.  They do not.  Again, prices rise or fall - regardless, the power flows (that's human nature).  Winds fall, water levels fall, clouds linger - the power doesn't flow (that's nature nature).  You see a difference there?  Maybe a potential problem?  Or do you just wanna continue to ignore it cuz it's green and green is good? 

It's not a question of feel. It's understanding the impacts we have on our environment and health and corrected it with different means of production and changing our live styles. Yes, those evil words that mean you won't be able to buy anything you want.

But you refuse to understand the realities of what you're looking for.  You want to help the environment but you don't care if you kill off a few species here and there to do it.  How's that make any sense?  You tell me the climate is changing and yet you say we must depend upon the climate for power.  How does that make any sense?

We are dependant on nature. It is just a false sense of security that you have. Oil and coal will run out and we are very much vulnerable to human nature and speculation on oil pirces. What you want to do is close your eyes and just stay in the present not touching your little conforts. 

We have a negative impact on our food supply because of these power sources, among other things. We will have to switch to other sources once they run out. Might as well make the transition now, to have better tech later, get use to it and to minimize the negative impact we have on our selves. 

Yep, they will run out.  That's why I've never said that we shouldn't look for alternative sources of energy.  My only contention is that what you say will save us simply won't.  And, of course, that you don't even understand the realities of what you're asking - as evidenced by your conflicting reasoning.  But, again, I do understand that it's much easier for you to ignore what I've actually said and just guess at what I want and argue against that instead.  It's silly, but it's easier.  ;)

Section Six Soldier

Just want to be clear that I don't have any phobic fear of nuclear energy, but I know a lot of people do.
In other words, you don't have to convince or ridicule me with your facts and figures.
Thanks anyway though!
Just want to be clear that I don't have any phobic fear of nuclear energy, but I know a lot of people do.
In other words, you don't have to convince or ridicule me with your facts and figures.
Thanks anyway though!

But it's so fun.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Well, until you do, coal is cheap, plentiful, and readily available.

Channeled rain fall, ocean tides, wind power, solar panels, solar heat differential engines, solar steam power (via a field of mirrors super heating a tower), paying hundreds of people to bike connected to generators, running horses in giant wheels, etc...etc...

There are hundreds of ideas that work, pretty soon with the rise in gas prices, coal, and natural gas prices due to regulations (thanks Obama), they will all be cost effective alternatives. Go watch the second Black Mirror flick to see how one of them would work.

The only problem is if we get into any of these, then the big oil, coal, and other energy companies will lose profit and it would further destroy the economy with bail outs and government aid. Of course if they just let these companies fail (and banks) we would have a few bad years, but then recover. As it is we are just inflating a bubble and when it pops what we have now will look like a vacation...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
Still a myth that it will put birds in danger.

The birds will adapt that's what evolutions for right? /snark
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
What's the argument against tidal? From what I've heard just taking the subsidies and corporate welfare we give to big oil and putting it into tidal would solve all of our problems for the foreseeableSmile future.

From what I've seen if we covered both coastlines with tidal generators we would produce enough energy for the entire country...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
paying hundreds of people to bike connected to generators, running horses in giant wheels, etc...etc...

What the...

There are hundreds of ideas that work, pretty soon with the rise in gas prices, coal, and natural gas prices due to regulations (thanks Obama), they will all be cost effective alternatives. Go watch the second Black Mirror flick to see how one of them would work.

Which regulations? Right now fraking is reducing the price of gas globally. It's even creating problems for Russia who is (was) a major gas exporter and now sees revenues going down.

Fraking is also making people land unlivable and contaminating ground waters that everyone use. In fact YouTube flammable tap water and see what fraking is doing.

I mean they could make some low cost nuclear plants that leaked radiation and dump spent fuel into rivers and they would beat out other countries fuel costs too, but I don't see anyone advocating for that.

I'm all for the tidal generators. It can't be much worse than the over fishing we are doing to the oceans if it has any effect at all...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
paying hundreds of people to bike connected to generators, running horses in giant wheels, etc...etc...

What the...

Which regulations? Right now fraking is reducing the price of gas globally. It's even creating problems for Russia who is (was) a major gas exporter and now sees revenues going down.

Fraking is also making people land unlivable and contaminating ground waters that everyone use. In fact YouTube flammable tap water and see what fraking is doing.

Now I have no doubt you are crazy.
And you must not know much about fraking.

What the...

Now I have no doubt you are crazy.
And you must not know much about fraking.

Damn! When even RH turns on you, you know you just went full retard.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

I agree ...

You guys have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

I work in that industry, sort of. And what you guys are saying/ implying is ridiculous propaganda started by enviro-weenies and communist sympathizers.

I agree ...

I work in that industry, sort of. And what you guys are saying/ implying is ridiculous propaganda started by enviro-weenies and communist sympathizers.

Fraking uses water mixed with chemicals pumped in the soil to fracture rock and release gas/oil. That water when it comes up is not always treated and can also contaminate water reserves in the ground. This can be a good example of privatizing profits and socializing the losses (treating contamintated sites and water, add the impact on residents and farm land). 

Plus all that fractured rock can create instability in the soil. There are reason swhy Vermont, France and Québec aren't doing it.

Notice that I am careful not to say it always happen or that all corps are irresponsable. But just calling people names doesn't change the risk associated with it or the added carbon these new sources add to the atmosphere. So gas prices might be coming down, but they contribute to the drought that is striking the US and Russia and that raises food prices.

Fraking is done below the water table.
And the frac water is suppose to be treated and discharged safely. If it isn't, then some fly-by-nite company is breaking the law and environmental regs. If they get caught, they suffer.

Instability in the soil? Not even as close as coal mining impact subsidence issues. But I don't expect you to know anything about that either.

I guess you want all of us to pay a carbon tax for breathing, right? You know, since we exhale carbon, and it's a pollutant...
Fraking causes less damage than coal mining.
Stop reading those enviro-weenie and liberal propaganda/ dis-information sites broski.
And why do you want people to pay more for power?
Why do you want to keep the US from developing its own energy resources?
Why do you want people to freeze in the winter?

You just hate people.
We could always burn books for warmth ...

Section Six Soldier

Something solar, tides, wind, etc, won't do and won't releae carbon in the atmosphere.

Too bad those can't produce a fraction of the energy we need and cost quite a bit more as well.
Try again.

Something solar, tides, wind, etc, won't do and won't releae carbon in the atmosphere.

Too bad those can't produce a fraction of the energy we need and cost quite a bit more as well.
Try again.

They can produce a majority, if you let it happen. 

Right.
If we let it happen... you know, after it is proven to supply the need and be cost-effective.
But not if we attempt to force it to happen just because we wish it.

Try again.

Right.
If we let it happen... you know, after it is proven to supply the need and be cost-effective.

You mean like forcing travelling to the moon or the manhattan project?

Those worked.
Right now, solar, wind, etc is not working, ie. not supplying the demand at reasonable cost.

Try again.

Right.

You mean like forcing travelling to the moon or the manhattan project?

Those worked.
Right now, solar, wind, etc is not working, ie. not supplying the demand at reasonable cost.

The bomb and going to the moon didn't happen in a overnight, sweety. 

But those didn't put undue cost and hardship on the general populace, did they?
Your energy prices didn't escalate because of those, did they?
Those things didn't take what is available and cheap, turn it into harder to get and expensive, and then offer another way that is even more expensive and less reliable, did they?

I agree ...

Naw, you just need to look into it and stop drinking your companies kool-aid. There are documented cases and lawsuits. Seriously youtube flaming tap water...

Edit: here let me save you the trouble

1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
We could always burn books for warmth ...

We'll be burning money for warmth soon. You realize they just announced QEUnlimited right? In other words an inflationary spiral that will continue as long as the banks keep buying toxic derivatives and the private Federal Reserve run by the banks keep giving those same banks money...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
So which regulations? You still haven't answer, Loki.

And out of curiosity, how much gold to you have? 

I don't have any gold. If I did I would sell it and live like a king for awhile...

If you are talking about the coal regulations it has to do with carbon footprints and the inability to build new coal plants and in fact shutting old ones down because they don't meet the carbon regulations. Its pretty simple math. If you have two coal plants supplying energy to the same area and one shuts down, your energy costs double...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

I agree ...

Naw, you just need to look into it and stop drinking your companies kool-aid. There are documented cases and lawsuits. Seriously youtube flaming tap water...

You're the one drinkin' the kool aid brosef.

www.rightwingnews.com/media/gasland-load...

johnhanger.blogspot.com/2012/07/exposing...

mayrantandrave.com/2011/06/03/flammable-...

www.conservativedailynews.com/2012/08/su...

I could go on, but I think you have enough to choke on right here.

Care to try again?

I agree ...

You're the one drinkin' the kool aid brosef.

www.rightwingnews.com/media/gasland-load...

johnhanger.blogspot.com/2012/07/exposing...

mayrantandrave.com/2011/06/03/flammable-...

www.conservativedailynews.com/2012/08/su...

I could go on, but I think you have enough to choke on right here.

Care to try again?

Yep, the EPA is a spotless government agency that doesn't have an agenda.

Forcing pressure into the ground couldn't possibly have anything to do with forcing out flammable substances into a person well water could it? I mean even if there was some naturally occurring stuff in the well, it was forced out under pressure from the fraking...

Also the author of the first link is clearly biased.

I like how the second article talks about 'state and federal officials' without naming any agencies or studies.

The third article is a repeat of the first. So I'll repeat what I said. The problem may have existed before the fraking, but the fraking most certainly made it worse...

In other words the refutations are about as believable as the guy doing the documentary. Of course they won't touch the list of chemicals that the documentary talks about that get into the ground water and saturate the ground. Why don't the articles actually touch on the facts presented?

The only thing they pick out is the flammable water part and a possible misunderstanding or cover up of a fish killing. Do you have any articles that actually have studies listed and/or deal with the actual facts presented in the documentary?Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
Sign In to post comments