Wish Upon A Star - dreams for everyone!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Since aura cards enchanting your own creatures generate card-advantage for your opponents, I entered a contest of razorborne proportions and created this mechanic that allows you to threaten opponents without actually playing the card.. And since I wasn't sure if designing a whole card set was part of razorborne's assignment, I'm designing one right now just to make sure!

Waterform -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Dream (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile one card with "dream" from your hand as dream of target creature, or may return one card exiled this way to your hand. As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card targeting the creature it's a dream of as though it had flash.)
Enchanted creature gets +2/+3 and has "Whenever this creature untaps, put it on top of its owner's library."

Golden Skin -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Dream (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile one card with "dream" from your hand as dream of target creature, or may return one card exiled this way to your hand. As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card targeting the creature it's a dream of as though it had flash.)
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has "This creature doesn't untap during your untap step unless you pay ."

Honey Coat -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+2 and has "Whenever this creature untaps, each opponent may summon a green 2/2 bear creature token."

my blue cards

Beguiling Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Beguiling Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, target creature gets -4/-0 until end of turn.
2/3

Waterform -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: When that creature untaps during its controller's next untap step, he or she puts it on top of his or her library unless he or she pays . (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
When enchanted creature untaps during its controller's untap step, he or she puts it on top of his or her library.

my white cards

Amorous Unicorn -
Creature - Unicorn
When Amorous Unicorn enters play, it bonds with target unpaired creature an opponent controls. (Pair them, and they remain paired for as long as players don't lose control of them.)
As long as Amorous Unicorn is paired with another creature, prevent all damage they would deal to each other.
3/4

Dazzling Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Dazzling Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, you may tap up to two target creatures.
2/3

Devoted Protector -
Creature - Unicorn
Soulbond
If Devoted Protector is paired with another creature and that creature would be destroyed, you may regenerate it and sacrifice Devoted Protector instead.
3/3

Golden Skin -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step unless he or she pays . (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

my green cards

Alluring Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Alluring Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, target creature blocks this turn if able.
2/3

Honey Coat -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: When that creature untaps during its controller's next untap step, each of his or her opponents may summon a green 2/2 bear creature token. (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
When enchanted creature untaps during its controller's untap step, each opponent may summon a green 2/2 bear creature token.

Inspired Guardian -
Creature - Unicorn
Soulbond
As long as Inspired Guardian is paired with another creature and they're blocking together, they both get +2/+3.
2/3

Stalking Unicorn -
Creature - Unicorn
When Stalking Unicorn enters play, it bonds with target unpaired creature an opponent controls. (Pair them, and they remain paired for as long as players don't lose control of them.)
As long as Stalking Unicorn is paired with another creature, they block each other if able.
3/4

my red cards

Inspired Charger -
Creature - Unicorn
Soulbond
As long as Inspired Charger is paired with another creature and they're attacking together, they both get +3/+2.
3/2

Jealous Unicorn -
Creature - Unicorn
When Jealous Unicorn enters play, it bonds with target unpaired creature an opponent controls. (Pair them, and they remain paired for as long as players don't lose control of them.)
As long as Jealous Unicorn is paired with another creature, double all damage they would deal to each other.
3/4

52 views, 0 replies? Apparently razorborne wrote a whole thesis paper on this mechanic, so why don't you other people write just one little sentence?
Razorborne is insane.

Anyway, for some reason it's hard for me to understand and kinda unintuative. Maybe reword it a bit? It feels confusing.
im just havin a tough time figuring out the Dream ability
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/7f93181f0a4ee0953e8ae20da960a876.jpg?v=90000)
The name "Amorous Unicorn" makes me feel uncomfortable.
Razor forced himself into writing a thesis paper on your mechanic, we have options.

Basically, situational flash on enchantments that have to function as some kind of removal is meh. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Yeah, the mechanic sounds a lot more complicated than I thought, but I believe that it's very simple: "Hey, I'm going to play this aura on this creature later on, but maybe I won't do that and instead return the aura card to my hand." I'm having problems coming up with a more simple wording, could you help me? Also, I wanted to make auras that you might want to put on your own creatures as well as your opponent's creatures, am I going to far with this idea?
No way, dreams + wishes + cats are my territory, you can have brushwaggs + sorrowful reality + unsettling facts!
What about this shorter version?

Waterform -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: When that creature untaps during its controller's next untap step, he or she puts it on top of his or her library unless he or she pays . (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
When enchanted creature untaps during its controller's untap step, he or she puts it on top of his or her library.

Golden Skin -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step unless he or she pays . (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

Honey Coat -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: When that creature untaps during its controller's next untap step, summon a green 2/2 bear creature token. (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
When enchanted creature untaps during its controller's untap step, summon a green 2/2 bear creature token.
Oh, did you know that you have my favourite hypnotizing avatar?

Alright, since my mechanic sometimes rewards you and sometimes punishes you for tapping, I'll need creatures that sometimes tap when they're attacking and sometimes not, here are some creatures that have vigilance or something like that.. Yeah, I remember that I have seen creatures like this around here before, but my set really forces me to use them!

Alluring Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Alluring Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, target creature blocks this turn if able.
2/3

Dazzling Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Dazzling Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, you may tap up to two target creatures.
2/3

Beguiling Selkie -
Creature - Merfolk
Vigilance
Whenever Beguiling Selkie attacks, you may tap it. If you do, target creature gets -4/-0 until end of turn.
2/3
After reading through razorborne's thesis paper on this mechanic, here's another suggestion:

Turtle Shell -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: That creature gets -1/+1 until end of turn. (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
Enchanted creature gets -4/+4.

Pureness -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to and dealt by that creature until end of turn. (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to and dealt by enchanted creature.

Temptation -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
, exile this card from your hand as dream of target creature: That creature must be blocked this turn if able. (As long as it's exiled this way, you may cast this card as though it had flash, if able targeting the creature it's a dream of.)
Enchanted creature must be blocked if able.
It seems like the reverse of Haunt... if I understand it correctly. And if so, it seems weaker than Haunt.

Dream (You may exile this card attached to target creature anytime you could cast an instant. As long as this card remains exiled this way, you may cast it as though it had flash.)

I think Dream gains more potency if you don't make it have to target the creature that's dreaming it... however, it also loses some of it's dream flavor if you do it that way.

Call it Omen? With omen, it makes more sense that some other creature is "having a bad feeling" and that it could be about a different creature...
Or, psuedo-following your pattern:

Omen [COST] ([COST], Exile this card from your hand attached to target creature: As long as this card remains exiled this way, you may cast it as though it has flash.)

Just a thought.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Yeah, I totally agree that dreams shouldn't always have to target creatures that are dreaming it, but I'll probably keep the current version and it allows you to cast dreams targeting other creatures if the dreaming creature was destroyed, and some dreams that are posted above can eliminate the creature that's dreaming it before you're casting the dream from exile.. And I was using the omen wording for a while, but dreams that do nothing before they're actually played are something that I don't like! Thank you for your help, but I had the same thoughts yesterday and then discarded / implemented these ideas..
Some creatures with tapping abilities that aren't really tapping abilities..

Mistress Of Vibrance -
Creature - Faerie
Flying
, you may tap Mistress Of Vibrance: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If you tapped Mistress Of Vibrance to pay for this ability, instead that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn.
1/1

Mistress Of Sheltering -
Creature - Faerie
Flying
, you may tap Mistress Of Sheltering: Prevent the next one damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn. If you tapped Mistress Of Sheltering to pay for this ability, instead prevent the next four damage that would be dealt to that creature.
1/1

Mistress Of Distortion -
Creature - Faerie
Flying
, you may tap Mistress Of Distortion: Counter target non-creature spell unless its controller pays . If you tapped Mistress Of Distortion to pay for this ability, instead counter that spell unless its controller pays .
1/1