DC: Hazardous Terrain

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
okay, I have one that is hopefully an easy one. The rules for hazardous terrain don't explicitly say, but do you take damage for each piece of terrain you move through? The rules say something about "when first moving into the terrain, you take damage." Does that mean terrain in general or that one square? I'm trying to see if I could do a move like blast of force to push a creature through all of the hazardous terrain for massive damage.
 I'm not a rules expert, but that's what I've been doing. ;)

No. It's once per turn max, plus an additional time if you end your activation inside hazardous terrain (but that's on their turn, not yours).
okay, I have one that is hopefully an easy one. The rules for hazardous terrain don't explicitly say, but do you take damage for each piece of terrain you move through? The rules say something about "when first moving into the terrain, you take damage." Does that mean terrain in general or that one square? I'm trying to see if I could do a move like blast of force to push a creature through all of the hazardous terrain for massive damage.

The rules say this:
The first time a creature enters hazardous terrain during an activation, it is dealt 10 damage. At the end of your turn, each of your creatures in hazardous terrain is dealt 10 damage.

A literal reading means that you take damage from Hazadous terrain at most once per activation. If you move a creature through multiple hazardous squares, even if they are different in terms of board art, you take damage only once when entering the first hazardous square. At the end of your turn creatures you control take damage if they occupy a hazardous square.

So I don't think you can do what you intend. However each of your creatures' activations can be used to cause hazards to trigger for an enemy creature. For example you could activate your Umber Hulk and use Gaze to move an enemy over hazardous terrain causing them to take 10 damage. Then you could activate some other creature of yours and use an Order card to slide that same enemy creature over hazardous terrain for another 10 damage.

Sign In to post comments