best deck ever

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
okay so i want everyone to post the very best deck they can think of even if it is not original and coppied off of somwhere because i want to see what everyone thinks is the very best deck in the history of magic.
.. because i want to see what everyone thinks is the very best deck in the history of magic.

The problem with being the very best deck in magic history is .... well the history part. The necro decks from the black summer where really annoying, but with todays cardpool the original lists are not really competitive. So are you looking for the best magic deck in todays magic (format?) (which will be probably a matter of taste/playstyle) or the deck that what best during its time (there are a few candidates, but again matter of taste)?

Plague Rats
Black Lotus

All kidding aside, I think Time Spiral combo is a fair contender. With Tolarian Academy, Time Spiral acted as both card draw and ramp, letting you generate enough mana for a lethal Stroke of Genius. That deck was responsible for the infamous Combo Winter. And the pre-emptive banning of Memory Jar. And the one time R&D was actually chewed out by the Wizards CEO.

And I think if you put it together today, as it was then, you'd still stand a good chance of winning Turn 1.
.. because i want to see what everyone thinks is the very best deck in the history of magic.

The problem with being the very best deck in magic history is .... well the history part. The necro decks from the black summer where really annoying, but with todays cardpool the original lists are not really competitive. So are you looking for the best magic deck in todays magic (format?) (which will be probably a matter of taste/playstyle) or the deck that what best during its time (there are a few candidates, but again matter of taste)?

do a deck for whatever format you want
The best deck ever is one made with 60 lands in it that have "when this enters the battlefield, you win"

Sadly, this can never happen... They're not basic so you can only have 4 in the deck.

...and they do not exist

yet.

"Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this."

A long time ago, I stopped playing magic when I was eliminated in the first round of a turnament after someone played mountain, black lotus, channel, and then fireballed my face for game.  I guess that could be considered a good deck.  I didn't play again for 16 years.

A long time ago, I stopped playing magic when I was eliminated in the first round of a turnament after someone played mountain, black lotus, channel, and then fireballed my face for game.  I guess that could be considered a good deck.  I didn't play again for 16 years.

That is so evil... I like it.
thank you all very much i really apreciate this as an inexpirienced player trying to get better
Best way to get better is, in my opinion, playing standard. It has the fewest cards to memorize, and you have to work so hard to suck every once of power out of your cards and plays. Then build and play play play.

We can tell you what decks are awesome in vintage/legacy, but you won't have any basis as to why it's so good vs something else. That lotus-->channel-->fireball can easily be stopped by casting a force of will on the fireball. It's all about knowing the cards, the interactions, and WHY certain things work vs others. The journey of discovery is the best part about magic
Best way to get better is, in my opinion, playing standard. It has the fewest cards to memorize, and you have to work so hard to suck every once of power out of your cards and plays. Then build and play play play. We can tell you what decks are awesome in vintage/legacy, but you won't have any basis as to why it's so good vs something else. That lotus-->channel-->fireball can easily be stopped by casting a force of will on the fireball. It's all about knowing the cards, the interactions, and WHY certain things work vs others. The journey of discovery is the best part about magic

Sorry to bump an old post... but if you noticed... That was turn 1 that hit him for 20 damage. He had no way of casting force of will.
Why do you say that? He didn't have a blue card in his hand & one life?
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
Yeesh. Bump a thread from almost a year ago, only to blatantly not read the card you're addressing? Y u no forum good?

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Since someone bumped it, I would say the best deck ever was the year Counter-Phoenix won almost all of the state qualifiers.  It was so automatic on turn one that two players with the same deck were known to flip a coin to to decide the match.  Win the coin toss, you go first and win.  They win the next game, then you win the third game.  So one coin toss decides it.  WoTC banned all of the necessary combo pieces because they never want to see that wreck the tourney scene again.  R&D has gotten better since 15 years ago.
Best way to get better is, in my opinion, playing standard. It has the fewest cards to memorize, and you have to work so hard to suck every once of power out of your cards and plays. Then build and play play play. We can tell you what decks are awesome in vintage/legacy, but you won't have any basis as to why it's so good vs something else. That lotus-->channel-->fireball can easily be stopped by casting a force of will on the fireball. It's all about knowing the cards, the interactions, and WHY certain things work vs others. The journey of discovery is the best part about magic

Sorry to bump an old post... but if you noticed... That was turn 1 that hit him for 20 damage. He had no way of casting force of will.

umm...can you not read english? you most certainly can cast FoW on T0...i would assume a blue/x deck that had a FoW in his opener would also have at least 1 other blue card to pitch, and have that 1 life to pay.  soooooooo...yeah, how bout dat.