best card

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
okay so i am doing a survay and i want peoples opinions on: 1. favorite card from return to ravnica, 2.favorite card over all and 3. best possible combo.  please feel free to post those three.  thanx for the help
okay so i am doing a survay and i want peoples opinions on: 1. favorite card from return to ravnica, 2.favorite card over all and 3. best possible combo.  please feel free to post those three.  thanx for the help

1: lotleth troll

2: this one is a little to broad, i would make it the favorite card you have, and say besides basic lands, because people always say the basic lands, for this, i would say my shiny liliana of the veil.

3: grindstone and painter's servant
1. Jace, Architect of Thought

2. Twigwalker

3. This is the best combo.

1. Play Chaos Confetti/Blacker Lotus.
2. (optional) Mycosynth Lattice makes all permanents artifacts so that Mirrorweave effects ALL of your opponent's cards (not just their creatures).
3. March of the Machines or Tezzeret the Seeker (for Blacker Lotus you must use Tezzeret) turns all non-creature artifacts into creatures. (Chaos Confetti/Blacker Lotus is an artifact creature that you can use Mirrorweave on now)
4. Mindslaver to take your opponents turn.
5. During that turn, use Mirrorweave targeting your Chaos Confetti/Blacker Lotus.
6. Rip all of your opponents cards into pieces.
7. ???
8. Profit!

Okay. I think I'm going to go with:

1: Grisly Salvage
Impulse and Forbidden Alchemy are some of my favorite cards. This one is cheap, in good graveyard colors, is instant speed, digs deep, and dumps stuff in the graveyard. All very good things.

2: Daze
This is hard though. There are a lot of spells that I like.

3: There are a lot of neat little interactions that I really like. Today I'm feeling like Renegade Doppelganger + Geist of Saint Traft. I should probably build a deck around this.

Decks
Legacy
Coffee Girl/Super Zero
[deck] 4 Glimpse of Nature 4 Scapegoat 1 Brain Freeze 1 Grapeshot 1 Storm Entity 4 Land Grant 4 Lotus Petal 1 Mox Opal 4 Mox Diamond 4 Temple Garden 1 Breeding Pool 4 Memnite 4 Shield Sphere 4 Phyrexian Walker 4 Ornithopter 4 Crimson Kobolds 4 Kobolds of Kher Keep 4 Crookshank Kobolds 3 Phyrexian Marauder [/deck]
Zubera Chum
[deck] 4 Ember-Fist Zubera 4 Floating-Dream Zubera 4 Silent-Chant Zubera 4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera 4 Ashen-Skin Zubera 1 Honden of Infinite Rage 1 Honden of Cleansing Fire 1 Honden of Life's Web 1 Honden of Night's Reach 1 Honden of Seeing Winds 2 Soul Foundry 4 Pentad Prism 3 Devouring Greed 3 Spawning Pit 4 Mountain 4 Island 4 Plains 4 Swamp 4 Forest 3 Terramorphic Expanse [/deck]
Burn
[deck] 4 Burst Lightning 4 Lightning Bolt 4 Lava Spike 4 Chain Lightning 4 Rift Bolt 4 Incinerate 4 Chain of Plasma 4 Flame Rift 4 Thunderbolt 4 Fireblast 4 Barbarian Ring 16 Mountain [/deck]
Envy
[deck] 4 Shared Fate 4 Serum Powder 4 Manamorphose 4 Elvish Spirit Guide 4 Simian Spirit Guide 4 Rite of Flame 4 Desperate Ritual 4 Pyretic Ritual 4 Seething Song 4 Lotus Petal 4 City of Brass 4 Gemstone Mine 4 Tendo Ice Bridge 4 Shivan Reef 4 Steam Vents [/deck]
Arcane Bin
[deck] 4 Ire of Kaminari 3 Psychic Puppetry 4 Desperate Ritual 3 Dampen Thought 4 Peer Through Depths 4 Sift Through Sands 4 Reach Through Mists 4 Eerie Procession 4 Ideas Unbound 3 Glacial Ray 3 Sensei's Divining Top 4 Lotus Vale 10 Island 6 Mountain [/deck]
Multiplayer Syphon
[deck] 4 Barter in Blood 1 Infest 4 Hideous Laughter 4 Screams from Within 4 Syphon Soul 4 Blood Tithe 4 Syphon Mind 4 Hissing Miasma 4 Twisted Abomination 4 Consume Spirit 2 Exsanguinate 1 Panoptic Mirror 4 Cabal Coffers 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 1 Dark Depths 16 Swamp [/deck]
Extended
Elfball
[deck] 4 Heritage Druid 4 Nettle Sentinel 4 Llanowar Elves 4 Elvish Visionary 4 Elvish Promenade 4 Gilt-Leaf Ambush 2 Imperious Perfect 3 Elvish Archdruid 4 Regal Force 2 Manamorphose 2 Roar of the Crowd 2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 2 Naturalize 18 Forest 1 Mountain [/deck]
Standard
Liquimelter
[deck] 4 Liquimetal Coating 4 Manic Vandal 4 Oxidda Scrapmelter 4 Tuktuk Scrapper 3 Acidic Slime 3 Hoard-Smelter Dragon 3 Viridian Revel 3 Ancient Stirrings 4 Flame Slash 4 Lightning Bolt 10 Forest 14 Mountain [/deck]
Humans!
[deck] 4 Angel of Glory's Rise 4 Faithless Looting 4 Shattered Perception 4 Wild Guess 3 Mad Prophet 4 Unburial Rites 3 Goldnight Commander 2 Lightning Mauler 3 Fervent Cathar 3 Fiend Hunter 2 Kessig Malcontents 4 Zealous Conscripts 4 Clifftop Retreat 4 Dragonskull Summit 10 Mountain 2 Plains [/deck]
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
thank you very much

2. (optional) Mycosynth Lattice makes all permanents artifacts so that Mirrorweave effects ALL of your opponent's cards (not just their creatures).
3. March of the Machines or Tezzeret the Seeker (for Blacker Lotus you must use Tezzeret) turns all non-creature artifacts into creatures. (Chaos Confetti/Blacker Lotus is an artifact creature that you can use Mirrorweave on now)
5. During that turn, use Mirrorweave targeting your Chaos Confetti/Blacker Lotus.
7. ???
8. Profit!

You forgot to turn all their lands into creatures too.

Favorite Return to Ravica Card: Mizzium Mortars

Favorite card of all time Time Walk

Favorite combo Time Walk + Panoptic Mirror
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I suppouse I should actually answer the question

Favorite Return to Ravica Card:  corpsejack menace Why on earth did I go Azorious at the prerelease?

Favorite card of all time Soul Foundry

Favorite combo Rite of Replication + Reaper King (destroys 30 permanents or about one multiplayer board's worth)

Favorite combo Rite of Replication + Reaper King (destroys 30 permanents or about one multiplayer board's worth)

Take note that your kicked Rite of Replication on your Reaper King will destroy only 25 permanents and not 30.

Kicked Rite of Replication puts five Reaper King copies onto the battlefield.

Original Reaper King sees five scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers five times. 5
Reaper King1 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 5 + 4 = 9
Reaper King2 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 9 + 4 = 13
Reaper King3 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 13 + 4 = 17
Reaper King4 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 17 + 4 = 21
Reaper King5 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 21 + 4 = 25

5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 25

For the combo, back in the day,  I had fun with Karma and Stasis teamed with Serra Angel and a few other non-tapping creatures.  Stuff they put into play is tapped and doesn't untap.  Had some cards thrown at me after playing that combo!
RTR fav SO far: Dreadbore, just because of the Planeswalker hate.

All-time fav:  Been a few. For the longest time it was Serra Angel. Nowadays Vampire Nighthawk is a fav just beacause it's one of the best cards ever to serve up with a Dark Ritual. As I said in another thread about fav cards, it's not always about powah.

Fav combo: Man, that Time Walk on a stick ain't too shabby...  Panoptic Mirror is so cool, you just have to imprint multiple cards and take your pick (Demonic Tutor).

Take note that your kicked Rite of Replication on your Reaper King will destroy only 25 permanents and not 30.

Original Reaper King sees five scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers five times. 5
Reaper King1 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 5 + 4 = 9
Reaper King2 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 9 + 4 = 13
Reaper King3 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 13 + 4 = 17
Reaper King4 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 17 + 4 = 21
Reaper King5 sees four other scarecrows enter the battlefield and triggers four times. 21 + 4 = 25

Wow, I'm just full of mistakes lately.

You might as well just say "reset the board" 

Fav RtR......... hmm, I like the set...... hmmmmmmmm, I guess it would be Wile E. Coyote, Dracogenius.

Fav card period? Wurmcoil Engine my playmat is originally devoted to him =)

Fav combo? Non-unhinged The Mimeoplasm + Buried Alive. And unhinged? Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur + Topsy Turvy
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!

You should acquire a German one, just so you can play a card named Wurmspiralmaschine.

You should acquire a German one, just so you can play a card named Wurmspiralmaschine.

I want that so badly now! Too bad I hate that card. Now I like it much more, but still not that much.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

7. ???
8. Profit!

You forgot to turn all their lands into creatures too.

Nature's Revolt would solve that.

How can you do this combo at all? The Reaper King is a legendary creature. Wouldn't the token copy retain the legendary rule and immediately die since there would be multiples of the same legend out?

How can you do this combo at all? The Reaper King is a legendary creature. Wouldn't the token copy retain the legendary rule and immediately die since there would be multiples of the same legend out?

This combo does work.  You are correct in that Reaper King is a legendary creature.  You are correct in that copies do copy the card types including "Legendary."  The game itself enforces the legend uniqueness rule and the rule itself is not tied to a particular creature or permanent.

It works because a triggered ability triggers whenever anytime its trigger condition is met even during the middle of a resolving spell or ability and a triggered ability exists independently of its source.

Rite of Replication begins to resolve.
"Put five tokens that are copies of target creature onto the battlefield."
All the triggers mentioned previously trigger but are not yet put on the stack.
Rite of Replication has finished resolving and is put into its owner's graveyard.

Just before any player would regain priority, State-Based Actions are now checked.
The game sees that there are two or more legendary permanents all with the same name and then moves them all to their respective owners' graveyards.  This is not destruction.  Regeneration won't help.  Being indestructible won't help.

After all the State-Based Actions have resolved and there are no more State-Based Actions to resolve, then the triggered abilities are put onto the stack.  The triggered abilties exist independently of their sources so the removal of Reaper King and the copies don't change what happens.

Rules Q&A would gain you the fastest response to a rules question.