Ashling EDH

19 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is something I'd like to keep quite budget (so please keep your suggestions as cheap as possible) and is being developed with the intention of being played largely in Multiplayer.

Commander: Ashling The Pilgrim

1 Terrain Generator
1 Forgotten Cave
1 Smoldering Crater
56 Mountain

1 Walking Atlas
1 CountrySide Crusher
1 Steel HellKite
1 Godo, Bandit WarLord
1 CoalHauler Swine

1 Elixir Of Immortality
1 Brittle Effigy
1 LandSlide
1 Faithless Looting
1 Red Sun's Zenith
1 Sun Droplet
1 Scythe Of The Wretched
1 Mind Stone
1 Breath Of Darigaaz
1 Dangerous Wager
1 Wild Guess
1 FireCat Blitz
1 Molten Disaster
1 Loxodon WarHammer
1 Crystal Ball
1 DarkSteel Plate
1 MageBane Armor
1 Shattered Perception
1 Blood Moon
1 Rolling Temblor
1 Repercussion
1 Seismic Assault
1 Ruination
1 Tower Of Fortunes
1 Paradise Plume
1 Earth Rift
1 Past In Flames
1 Wrack With Madness
1 Furnace Of Rath
1 AngelHeart Vial
1 Spire Barrage
1 ReForge The Soul
1 Ward Of Bones
1 Spine Of Ish Sah
1 Insurrection

Ideally, the win condition is repeated explosions from Ashling The Pilgrim (augmented by RepercussionFurnace Of Rath, etc) - alternatives Win conditions include CountrySide Crusher, all the X spells, and Seismic Assault.

MageBane Armor and DarkSteel Plate help Ashling The Pilgrim stick around after blowing up.

My biggest current concern is that I might not have enough draw - I don't particularly want to see nothing but Mountain's for the entire game. Thoughts?

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Don't want to see lots of mountains? Dont play 70 of them.

3DH4LIF3

Don't want to see lots of mountains? Dont play 70 of them.

Not super helpful, but I take your point.

I reduced the number of Mountain's and made some alterations.

How to autocard: 

Show

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

I dont think ashling is good with an over load of mountains.build her like a generic red deck instead and then adapt it to her.

3DH4LIF3

I dont think ashling is good with an over load of mountains.build her like a generic red deck instead and then adapt it to her.

3DH4LIF3

3DH4LIF3

ok ok ok.
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Silly browser... how does a triple post even happen?!

3DH4LIF3

If you give her protection from red, she survives her own explosion handily.

ps. stranglehold, chaos warp 
"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Proud member of the Rakdos guild
If you give her protection from red, she survives her own explosion handily.

Yep. Sword Of Fire And Ice is quite expensive, and MageBane Armor and DarkSteel Plate accomplish "similar" things (both of which I'm running).

ps. stranglehold, chaos warp 

I know the decks which are going to be played against mine, and I don't particularly feel like I need StrangleHold here (although that will likely change as my Meta develops), and Chaos Warp is > $5 as pop, so nope.

How to autocard: 

Show

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

The list looks way better. 58 might be high, throwing in a valakut vesuva and some fetches might be good. Crucible of worlds. Give ashling infect and play self damage reflection effects. Godo bandit warlord to tutor up you equipment.

3DH4LIF3

Braid of Fire is $6, but it's really good here.  Magebane Armor can protect Ashling from her own ability.  Koth of the Hammer is pretty cheap and loves him some Mountains.  Ruination is a good but exceedingly dickish card here.
Obviously, your deck needs to look like this:

Ashling

Elixir of immortality
Wispersilk Cloak
Countryside Crusher
Sword of Fire and Ice
95 mountains. 
Godo bandit warlord

Elixir of immortality

Shuffle Effects! Now the deck is slightly less likely to straight up fold to a tuck. Thanks guys.

How to autocard: 

Show

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

I think the overload on Mountains is not too necessary, though I can see how it is useful with some of your cards. For draw, run some artifacts. Staff of Nin is low-cost-to-acquire. Howling Mine and the like that let everyone draw cards are options, though I've never been a fan of giving my opponents cards, myself.

Red mana ramp isn't always easy, but as long as you've got the stuff to hang in there while it develops it can feel very rewarding to nuke the board and a player or two when the bombs drop. Scourge of Kher Ridge is also a good mana sink to keep the board clean if you can live without ome of your things as well.
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
Gambit can get you back from tuck.

3DH4LIF3

I think the overload on Mountains is not too necessary, though I can see how it is useful with some of your cards.

I basically need to hit a Land Drop every single turn (even after something like a Dangerous Wager ) and it's important to remember that every time I blow up Ashling The Pilgirm, it costs more to summon every time (so as the game goes on I need more and more mana). 
I've been doing some playtesting and the current number of Lands is performing quite nicely.

How to autocard: 

Show

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Gambit can get you back from tuck.

Cellar Door too!

How to autocard: 

Show

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Go snow covered and play scrying sheets.

3DH4LIF3