Stats for animals in Next?

So, my gaming group has been playtesting for a few sessions now, and people in our group want to buy horses (and in the halfling's case, a dog).  I can't find stats for animals or mounts anywhere.  What solutions have other people been using?
Tied a bunch of kobolds to a sled.
Simple either write down whatever numbers make sense to you, as you dont need Hitdice or level modifications or the like.

Or, do not get yoru characters mounts involved in combat. Or if you do make it more of a story thing. Let a goblin arrow lame your players horse because you say so at an appropriate point in the story. Narration is something numbers and stats always interfear with.
As for basic animals, I just make a level 1 PC and rip out all the stats that make no sense.

For trained animals (attack dogs, which I use when running solo games for a friend to help him) I run a rogue PC build with no skills and increased d8 hit die.

I find a good measure to follow is give mounts d6 hit die per level,  they remain squishy enough that you want to protect them and with low AC they wont become something to hide behind for cover for mages.

But as others have said, make it come down to what you want it to play like. Everyone has different images of the animals in relation to their PCs. You can compare PCs to orcs, goblins and trolls easily without causing upset on the forum but if you compare a persons PC to a real life counterpart theres often confusion, anger and stupidity aroused in players that leads to an argument I have found.

I myself am quite interested in putting normal animals in the game but thats 90% because I just bought Tokyo Jungle yesterday. 
About animal stats:

If some animal can be wizard´s familiar.. the information about it (like skill bonus) should be together. For example if monkey can be familiar... it should be in the monster manual, no a Dragon Magazine article.

Animals that can be mounts or be used to draw carts (for example a elephant, moose, reindeer or sleg dogs).. the stats about limit of weight should be gived.

"Say me what you're showing off for, and I'll say you what you lack!" (Spanish saying)

Book 13 Anaclet 23 Confucius said: "The Superior Man is in harmony but does not follow the crowd. The inferior man follows the crowd, but is not in harmony"

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius 

As Spot is stupidly a Wisdom skill, most animals will be very wise, as usual…
I hope they have animal stats in next. Makes things easier.
Why would animals have high spot checks most mammals have worse vision than humans, in fact the only creatures I know for sure that trump humans in the vision department are birds, and even then we do some things better.
I would just reskin a Human Comoner as a large beast with an increased speed and swap the Mob Trait for Keen Sense. 

Something like this:  (Or bump any numbers judged too low)

Riding Horse
Large Beast
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 4 (1d8)
Speed 60 ft.
Str 10 (+0)     Dex 10 (+0)    Con 10 (+0)
Int 10 (+0)     Wis 10 (+0)     Cha 10 (+0)
Alignment Neutral
Languages —

ACTIONS
Melee Attack—Hoof: +0 to hit (reach 5 ft.; 
one creature). Hit: 1d4 bludgeoning damage.

Keen Senses: The horse has a +5 bonus to checks
to detect hidden creatures. The minimum of its roll
on such checks is 10.

ENCOUNTER BUILDING
Level 1         XP 50

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Why would animals have high spot checks most mammals have worse vision than humans, in fact the only creatures I know for sure that trump humans in the vision department are birds, and even then we do some things better.

It's true, but I was more refering to the non-sense of animals having high Wisdom scores.

I just want a hunting team of house cats to sick on that 4hp wizard I dont like.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

I wish say other two things:

Subtype. Some animal subtype could be necesary (spider, feline, bird, rodent, snake..). A soucerbook about drows and underdark could have got lots of spells about spiders.

*  Dogs (and boards) can be trained to look for by smelling. A DM should realise bloodhounds can be used to pursue fugitives. 

"Say me what you're showing off for, and I'll say you what you lack!" (Spanish saying)

Book 13 Anaclet 23 Confucius said: "The Superior Man is in harmony but does not follow the crowd. The inferior man follows the crowd, but is not in harmony"

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius 

I just want a hunting team of house cats to sick on that 4hp wizard I dont like.

Those D&D house cats are deadly enough on their own, you don't need a team.

Those D&D house cats are deadly enough on their own, you don't need a team.

Cats in D&D are wise creatures, and there's more to eat on a wizard than on a mouse, but the problem with a wizard is that they autohit at least one, so the cats need to be at least two to hunt wizards. But they know that they will have very few time to eat something as big as a wizard (even without counting the beard), so hunting teams of D&D wise cats totally make sense.