Blue Chooser

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
edit: Thanks for the feedback, edited accordingly.

Instant
You make any choices on target spell or ability. (except for "target" choices, you can change choices already made)
You may draw a card instead, this draw does not trigger abilities.

(or , i'm not sure)
Instant
Counter target ability.
Cycling

It has been revealed that the above card is similar to Stifle. I would say that it is a Stifle that also supports mana abilities and cycles for .

Sorcery
Each opponent reveals one card from his or her hand. Then choose an opponent, and each other opponent discards his or her revealed card.

Sorcery
Exile a permanent, then all opponents exile a perminent, you must choose two of these to return to the battlefield under their owners control.
'You may draw a card instead'??? What do you mean exactly? Cycling?
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Mostly yes. Except in the case of the first card I was thinking it shouldn't trigger abilities such as cards that flip if a given card type is drawn.

I've changed the 2nd card to use cycling.

Instant
You make any choices on target spell or ability.

Redirect

Instant
Counter target ability.
Cycling

Activated ability. Could be put at or , going by cycling lands and Stifle.

Sorcery
All opponents discard a card, you must choose one to return to its owners hand.

Feels black. Like, very black.

Sorcery
Exile a perminent, then all opponents exile a perminent, you must choose two of thease to return to the battlefield under there owners control.

Lots of misspellings:

permanent
these
their
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Sorcery
All opponents discard a card, you must choose one to return to its owners hand.

This is more black. And I like it. But it also needs to be reworded to be more Wizards-consistent. Something like this, maybe?:

"
Sorcery
Each opponent reveals one card from his or her hand. Then choose an opponent, and each other opponent discards his or her revealed card."

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Instant

Redirect

I think the original intention is to allow you to choose modes too.
I've edited accordingly, see the first post of the thread.

Yes, I did intend to be able to choose modes as well.

The 4th spell shouldn't be able to flicker your own perminents, I think this is as it is worded. Would we say the 4th feels possibly blue as well as white, or just white?
I'm not a fan of how the last two essentially do nothing in a 1v1 game. Multiplayer-aware cards usually still have some benefit in a duel.
Rules Advisor
edit: Thanks for the feedback, edited accordingly.

Instant

As I understand it this only lets you make choices that haven't already been made.
Which there generally aren't many of.

If it let's you change all the choices that have already been made it is vastly overpowered. 
I agree FezzHead, but I like how the cards work in larger games, have you any ideas on this front?

Can you give an example Kingreaper? Effecting things in the past is a very interesting idea, but probably doesn't work well with the rules.
I agree FezzHead, but I like how the cards work in larger games, have you any ideas on this front?

As long as it's being published in a specifically multiplayer pack, such as the recent Commander decks, it's not necessarily a problem. Otherwise I don't think the spirit of those cards (pick one opponent to be nice to) can really be kept.
Can you give an example Kingreaper? Effecting things in the past is a very interesting idea, but probably doesn't work well with the rules. 

Okay, let's say I've got a spell, say Lightning Bolt.

I cast it, targeting you. You cast that instant on it.

Your instant resolves. You make all choices of the Lightning Bolt.
Either A) you can change the choice of target, such that it targets me.
In which case, your spell is overpowered.
or
B) You can't change the choice of the target, because your instant doesn't let you change choices, or make new choices, just make all the choices that are yet to be made.
In which case, it's a bit pants.

I'm not entirely sure what the rules call would be, and I'd say that whichever it is the wording needs improvement, but either way it's not a balanced spell.
I imagined it more as a pick one permanent, but yeah, it could result in that sort of multiplayer (multi-opponent) politics. It's something I'm no good at. It is nice in 2 player to be able to attack and its nothing personal.

The 1st card has some downsides, like it takes up space in your hand doing nothing most of the time, I see how agaisn't a burn deck it's going to be amazing. Adding another mana could help ofc, but making it so it doesn't affect "target" choices might be more where I was thinking.