playtest from the 29th

So I ran a home made campaine last night. Party was 4 players all first level characters good aligned.

player 1 fighter - sharpshooter/knight/archer - human
player 2 wizard 1 - noble/acolite "heronius"   - high elf
player 3 wizard 2 - charlatian/magic user - human
player 4 rogue - thug/bounty hunter/dule wielder - wood elf

combat 1 ~ 2 dark acolites 
round 1 fighter twin shot one hit 5pts, wiz1 mm 2pts, wiz 3 quarter staff miss, acolites miss, rogue hit twice 19pts and 12pts killed both.

combat 2 ~ 4gnolls 1gnoll leader  
round 1 failed their sneak contested players gain supprise round. sleep drops two gnolls. rogue sneek attacks the leader for 22 and 7 kills outright. two remain gnolls are twin shot for 4 and 10. gnolls miss all attacks. 
round 2 rogue goes first finishes off both gnolls.

combat 3 ~ drow
round 1 made his sneak contested. twin shot hits two mages for minimum damage rolled 1 and 2. rogue vanishs into the dark to get sneak attack. mage 1 casts mm 5pts dmg. fighter hits once for 7pts. mage 2 casts burning hands kills the drow and also hits the rogue that was sneeking behind the drow. critical hit 21pts dmg rogue makes his save but is still nocked to negative 2.

Players were so shocked at how hard it was to kill any one they fought each other both the mage2 and rogue were knocked back into the negatives made their saves and stabalized. players asked if they could eat some bread to get back their health and which type of food it took at their level ... basicly a whole lot of wow based jokes about players never dying and running back from the grave yard to find their body.  

in general they like the system but think monsters are too weak and players can be far too powerfull. They said they know that it can be modified and they suggested that next time we do that to fix some of those problems.
DMG pg 263 "No matter what a rule's source, a rule serves you, not the other way around."
place holder
DMG pg 263 "No matter what a rule's source, a rule serves you, not the other way around."
I look forward to hearing how the fixes work out. 

Also, the rogue's twin strike damage seems a bit high. How is that calculated? 
I look forward to hearing how the fixes work out. 

Also, the rogue's twin strike damage seems a bit high. How is that calculated? 

Agreed, it does seem off.
My two copper.
After going over my notes ... which I tried to keep while running the adventure... I think he didnt total then half the damage correctly.
Sign In to post comments