Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I bought this duel deck and its seems realy weak. Im looking fot advice how to improve this deck.
Any help would be great.

Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
Tortured Existence is my goto card for strategies based around creatures in the graveyard. Stinkweed Imp is really solid, and Golgari Brownscale can actually create a life loop with the Tortured Existence. Splinterfright is good at feeding your graveyard. Extractor Demon is an amazing card to dump into your graveyard. Wild Mongrel and Vampire Hounds can also pitch cards to your grave. Dreg Mangler and Deadbridge Goliath from Return to Ravnica are very good.Putrid Leech is a cornerstone of any :bgm: creature based strategy, since it only costs and can become a 4/4 at will. Having cards with enter the battlefield effects like Phyrexian Rager, Chittering Rats, or Bone Shredder is really solid with Tortured Existence. Basking Rootwalla and Grave Scrabbler work really well with Existence, Mongrel, and Rotting Rats.
Just to echo wut sleeping said tortured existence is the engine to build a Golgari deck upon, and phyrexian reclamation can provide some back up. ghoul tree alSo adds some much needed fat to the deck
I'm not sure what format you are playing in, but has some excellent draw in Sylvan Library and Demonic Tutor. If you use Putrid Leech, I would advise against the Library. Putrefy was good back in 2005-2006 when Golgari made its first showing in Standard.

Llanowar Elves or Deathrite Shaman offer mana accel to get your threats out quick. There's also Spiritmonger, who is a decent choice for a deck, especially with some acceleration. Deathrite can also help you deal with the cost of Sylvan Library and/or Putrid Leech. He seems the most versatile 1-drop for your deck.

Phyrexian Rage really stands out among Sleeping's comes-into-play creatures as the best. There's also the Lotleth Troll + Gravecrawler synergy to consider. Those cards may be a bit on the pricey side.
Reassembling Skeleton
Pawn of Ulamog

Two good cards I have in my deck. Spawn spam is a good idea, especially with the Morbidity mechanic still available in Standard at the moment.

Have fun! /)

EDIT:

Lumberknot plus Jarad's second ability can be a bitch in multiplayer. :P
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
Thanks for help.