Sleeping's budget deck archive

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here I will be posting budget decks. Perhaps one a day even. I also encourage people who are looking for budget decks to check out this thread. The reason I'm not going to be posting my decks there is because of the unlax restrictions. Feel free to ask questions about the decks or give criticism. If you play one of the decks and have concrete feedback I would love to hear it. Also if you find a deck to be much more expensive or cheaper than its listed price I would also like to hear about that, more importantly if it is very expensive, so that I can remove the offending cards.

Decks

Carrion Salvage ($24)

Name
Carrion Salvage
Goal
Pitch guys who are going to die anyway to sac outlets and possibly set up a massive strike with Carrion and Goblin Bombardment.
Price
$24

[deck]10 Swamp
8 Mountain
4 Sulfurous Springs
-
4 Carrion Feeder
4 Butcher Ghoul
4 Dregscape Zombie
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Shambling Remains
4 Viscera Dragger
-
4 Faithless Looting
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Goblin Bombardment
3 Carrion[/deck]

Alternatives
Sac Outlets: Viscera Seer, Culling Dais
Disruption: Rotting Rats, Blightning, Chittering Rats
Graveyard Feeder: Stinkweed Imp
Aggression: Spark Elemental, Lightning Serpent, Arc Runner, Bump in the Night
Nonbasic Hate: Anathemancer
Lightning Bolt: Geistflame, Firebolt

Nonbudget Options
Blackcleave Cliffs, Blood Crypt, Badlands, Geralf's Messenger, Hell's Thunder, Ball Lightning

Fiery Negligence ($20)

Name
Fiery Negligence
Goal
Empty your hand early and play a Pyromancer's Swath, then recur burn from your graveyard to control the board and kill your opponent.
Price
$20

[deck]20 Mountain
-
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Dart
4 Geistflame
4 Firebolt
4 Needle Drop
4 Spark Spray
4 Faithless Looting
4 Electrickery
2 Flame Jab
4 Pyromancer's Swath
2 Grafted Skullcap[/deck]

Alternatives
Kill Conditions: Shrine of Burning Rage, Pyromancer Ascension
Mountain: Forgotten Cave

Nonbudget Options
Rite of Flame, Chain Lightning, Lava Spike, Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond

Mean Green Weens ($27)

Name
Mean Green Weens
Goal
Rush the board with cheap green creatures who are good at dishing out damage. Kill your opponent quickly with twelve +4/+4 buff spells.
Price
$27

[deck]15 Forest
1 Pendelhaven
-
4 Dryad Militant
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Quirion Ranger
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Garruk's Companion
-
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Groundswell
4 Vines of Vastwood[/deck]

Alternatives
Rancor: Bonesplitter
Free Buffs: Gather Courage, Mutagenic Growth
Counters: Hunger of the Howlpack
One Drops: Pouncing Jaguar, Skyshroud Elite, Basking Rootwalla
Two Drops: Albino Troll, Beastbreaker of Bala Ged, Darkthicket Wolf, Wild Mongrel
Draw: Keen Sense
Man Lands: Treetop Village
Flash Creatures: Ambush Viper, Ashcoat Bear
Persistent Creatures: Young Wolf, Safehold Elite
Shroud: Scythe Tiger, Gladecover Scout, Slippery Bogle
Tools: Viridian Zealot
Color Hate: River Boa, Mire Boa
Lifegain Hate: Kavu Predator

Nonbudget Options
Jungle Lion, Lotus Cobra, Scavenging Ooze, Berserk, Gaea's Cradle

Naya Watchwolves ($20)

Name
Naya Watchwolves
Goal
Overpower your opponent with cheap 3/3s.
Price
$20

[deck]6 Plains
5 Mountain
5 Forest
3 Evolving Wilds
3 Terramorphic Expanse
2 Treetop Village
-
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Cloistered Youth
4 Mogg Flunkies
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Watchwolf
-
4 Rancor
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Call of the Conclave
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Steam Blast[/deck]

Alternatives
Rancor: Bonesplitter, Armadillo Cloak
Treetop Village: Stirring Wildwood, Jungle Shrine
Steam Blast: Pyroclasm, Earthquake
Other creatures: Albino Troll, Keldon Marauders, Basking Rootwalla, Qasali Pridemage
Fixing: Harrow

Nonbudget Options
Arid Mesa, Windswept Heath, Wooded Foothills, Temple Garden, Sacred Foundry, Stomping Ground, Plateau, Savannah, Taiga, Chain Lightning, Lightning Helix, Path to Exile, Sylvan Library

New deck. This one is for the red players. Especially the ones that like to taunt their opponent by poking them with one damage burn spells. And the ones that like the chaos of drawing and discarding cards rapidly, and flinging things from the graveyard.

Name
Fiery Negligence
Goal
Empty your hand early and play a Pyromancer's Swath, then recur burn from your graveyard to control the board and kill your opponent.
Price
$20

Alternatives
Kill Conditions: Shrine of Burning Rage, Pyromancer Ascension
Mountain: Forgotten Cave

Nonbudget Options
Rite of Flame, Chain Lightning, Lava Spike, Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond

Deck based around Carrion, Goblin Bombardment, and guys who die anyway.

Name
Carrion Salvage
Goal
Pitch guys who are going to die anyway to sac outlets and possibly set up a massive strike with Carrion and Goblin Bombardment.
Price
$24

Alternatives
Sac Outlets: Viscera Seer, Culling Dais
Disruption: Rotting Rats, Blightning, Chittering Rats
Graveyard Feeder: Stinkweed Imp
Aggression: Spark Elemental, Lightning Serpent, Arc Runner, Bump in the Night
Nonbasic Hate: Anathemancer
Lightning Bolt: Geistflame, Firebolt

Nonbudget Options
Blackcleave Cliffs, Blood Crypt, Badlands, Geralf's Messenger, Hell's Thunder, Ball Lightning

Needs MGA baby! Bout 18 bucks and u can even make it standard legal... And actually win
Needs MGA baby! Bout 18 bucks and u can even make it standard legal... And actually win

I'll do a MGA deck later. I don't promise Standard legality though.
Woot! Lol I don't care if its standard, just sayin it can be done.

Here you are jnp5021.

Name
Mean Green Weens
Goal
Rush the board with cheap green creatures who are good at dishing out damage. Kill your opponent quickly with twelve +4/+4 buff spells.
Price
$27

Alternatives
Rancor: Bonesplitter
Free Buffs: Gather Courage, Mutagenic Growth
Counters: Hunger of the Howlpack
One Drops: Pouncing Jaguar, Skyshroud Elite, Basking Rootwalla
Two Drops: Albino Troll, Beastbreaker of Bala Ged, Darkthicket Wolf, Wild Mongrel
Draw: Keen Sense
Man Lands: Treetop Village
Flash Creatures: Ambush Viper, Ashcoat Bear
Persistent Creatures: Young Wolf, Safehold Elite
Shroud: Scythe Tiger, Gladecover Scout, Slippery Bogle
Tools: Viridian Zealot
Color Hate: River Boa, Mire Boa
Lifegain Hate: Kavu Predator

Nonbudget Options
Jungle Lion, Lotus Cobra, Scavenging Ooze, Berserk, Gaea's Cradle

I like how you are including a list of options against certain problems, a lot of times in casual groups there is that deck where you really want extra oomph against. When I make decks I tend to ignore that just because I am more concerned with executing an often silly gameplan, and just kind of leave tweaking to whoever wants to make it for themselves. I don't know if that is just because how it was done in the other thread though.

But yeah '-')b 
I like how you are including a list of options against certain problems, a lot of times in casual groups there is that deck where you really want extra oomph against. When I make decks I tend to ignore that just because I am more concerned with executing an often silly gameplan, and just kind of leave tweaking to whoever wants to make it for themselves. I don't know if that is just because how it was done in the other thread though.

But yeah '-')b 

There are two reasons I like providing suggestions of alternatives for the deck. First of all, I like people to feel like the decks I post aren't set in stone, they should be customizable rather than rigid. People might prefer a certain style of card over another, and decks are more fun when they have a personal flare to them. Secondly, I'm admittedly not the best deckbuilder and might not have built the best deck possible. Providing alternatives allows people to swap out cards that feel weak for options that would strengthen those weaknesses. Like you said, there is also sometimes that deck, and I have no clue what that deck is for everyone. So a list of directions to go in makes it a lot easier on me because I don't have to consider every possible meta.