Aura Servants deck combos and strengths and weaknesses

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Introduction: Aura Servants Blue/White
hello all my name is mopeyhornet and today ill be telling you guys some deck combos for aura servants as well as strengths and weaknesses for playing it and playing against it. I know there may be a thread that was started 4 months ago for this deck but probably hard to find any revalant data you need unless you like going through 50 pages of comments, hopefully after i show off my deck combo many more will post their very own deck combos so can really help new players to magic really fast and easy without the hasel of a 4 month old thread.

strengths of this deck and overall stragedy when using it:
 now this deck is a blue/white which means it doesn't really have many removal spells beside mass destroy winds of rath and more relys on enchantments offensively and defensively to power up your own creatures and pacify your foes. if this deck is set up correctly you'll be casting enchantments left and right, drawing a ton of cards, and getting bonuses for both. in order to use this deck right you need to choose which kind of method you'll take, are you looking to boost up your own guys and crush your foes or are you gona control your foes and keep others he has pacified? these are things ull haft to consider because their are two basic ways to form this deck and many more precise mods to get specific results out of it. play your cards right however and be able to take a few hits at the beginning of the game and you should be able to win ether mid game or late game definite. enchant one big creature or have many smaller enchanted creatures?

Deck Combos:

first deck combo is my own personal deck combo: 61 cards

my deck combo consists of a few basic essentials and relys on two main stream cards to hold up the backbone of this deck Invisible stalker and kor spiritdancer as one does the damage the other gives you cards and bonuses and basically sit back and watch the show.

2 evolving wilds
1 gift of granite (use it as a ambush)
1 lifelink
2 daybreak coronet
1 eel umbra
3 invisible stalker
4 kor spiritdancer
2 narcolepsy
2 pacifism
1 triclopean sight 
2 empyrial armor (early rush enchantmant if get off bat)
1 geist of saint traft
2 griffin guide
1 infiltrator's magemark
1 nomad mythmaker
1 pariah
1 grand arbitar augustin IV (good for giving you extra turn needed)
3 indestructibility (can also enchant permanents remember, doesn't haft to be a creature)
1 wall of reverence
1 followed footsteps
1 fools demise 
2 mammoth umbra
1 sigil of the empty throne
2 winds of rath (great for opening the way for your enchanted creatures to hit hard in one turn)
1 sovereigns of lost alara
1 sun titan

as you can see from the mana pool costs most of this deck costs less then 3 mana to cast meaning early defense and abiltity to hit hard fast, remember creatures are vital for your enchantments so dont waste them chump blocking take the damage if needed and for this deck combo early casting enchantments and taking time to set up is vital but do everything right and by mana 4 at least you should be good.

deck combo for control and mass copy enchantments: 60 cards
now this next deck combo is almost complete opposite of my own deck combo for this one going to explain its all about using followed footsteps and getting as much enchanted creatures and copies there of to overwhelm your foe with pure numbers you may sacrifice enchantment bonuses but ull have enough copies of your creatures to win. use early creature defends like aven mimeomancer to turn big creatures into 3/1s to lessen impact to your life until you can pull out auratouched mage and equip followed footsteps and let the game play itself as turns go by your foe will be under increased pressure of multi enchanted creatures coming out each turn. as well as with auratouched mage you can equip any enchantment to fit current situation.

2 evolving wilds 
2 daybreak coronet 
2 nacrolepsy
2 pacifism
1 triclopean sight
1 academy researchers (good if you have followed footsteps in your hand)
2 aven mimeomancer
2 empyrial armor
2 flickerwisp
1 geist of saint traft
2 griffin guide
1 infiltrator's magemark (good for this deck combo when going to have ton of enchanted creatures)
1 nomad mythmaker
1 pariah
1 grand arbitar augustin IV
3 indestructibility
1 wall of reverence
3 followed footsteps
1 fools demise
1 godhead of awe (good one turn battlefield changer)
1 mammoth umbra
1 drake umbra
2 mind control
2 winds of rath
2 auratouched mage (equip followed footsteps or enchantment that you need right away)

Overview of both deck combos:
remember these are just a few ways you can customize this deck but main thing remains...will you go for one big enchanted creature or many weaker ones? choice is up to you but remember in ether case those first few turns are vital, use patience and don't chump block right away if it means next turn can make that 3/1 indestructible to chump block all day. 

Weaknesses of this deck:
 now this deck overall does come with some draw backs even though you got alot of enchantments for control most of them require a freindly creature to be out to enchant and if you have no creatures because you chump blocked them all away...then your probably gona lose its hard to get creatures back from the graveyard unless you have sun titan out and thats at mana 6 so little down the road if your about to die at mana 4. another weakness of this deck is mana difference in cost to each spell, most of the good spells in this deck require at least two solid white lands, some only a three cast enchantment like empyrial armor and most of the blue enchantments do require 2 solid blue lands to cast like mind control but are 5 mana turns down the road, so my advice to you is try to get a hand with at least one white mana or two to be safe, because alot of early cheap spells require a bit more white lands to cast. another little weakness of this deck is if your gona go for one big enchanted creature DO CHOOSE ONE THAT HAS HEXPROOF lol so many times do i beat aura mancers because players will put a bunch of enchantments on kor spiritdancer for the +2/+2 bonus and later pay for it when i disperse it...don't be one of those players pick right creature to get enchanted if your going for that. finally watch against blue deck players because they can disperse your creatures and all enchantments go to graveyard if they wernt hexproof as well as rush decks can be a problem because you don't have big creatures least till mana 6 and black decks like OD and SS can kill your creatures you put down so be careful.

Conclusion:
well there you have it two deck combos one my own personal i use and other i used to use when unlocking the cards but its up to you enchant BIG CREATURE or have MANY CREATURES that are enchanted, my choice just have one, simple and easy. and remember use patience and take your time and plan ahead of turns as well watch what mana your putting down most of these decks use white land early on and blue for more powerful enchantments like mind control but these come later in the game least mana 5. hope my advice sticks and you can better use this deck feel free to add me or messege me with any questions you may have on this deck or any other ones.

thankx
mopeyhornet

also if you guys have deck combos please post but lets keep it to that for this thread, just want a easy place to see deck combos without going through 50 pages of comments on random stuff, as well explain your deck combo weaknesses and strengths so new players can read and determine if want to use.                                                 

also i should point out this little advice tib bit, Iridescent angel may look like a beast blocker but actually meant to go with sovereigns of lost alara and that even though it has protection the abiltiy of soveriegns should make it so angel gets enchanted everytime it attacks alone. but i havnt seen it been done but it should work that way.
also i should point out this little advice tib bit, Iridescent angel may look like a beast blocker but actually meant to go with sovereigns of lost alara and that even though it has protection the abiltiy of soveriegns should make it so angel gets enchanted everytime it attacks alone. but i havnt seen it been done but it should work that way.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true - this is the ruling from gatherer about the sovereigns:

Any Aura card you find with Sovereigns of Lost Alara's second ability must be able to enchant the attacking creature as it currently exists. You need to check the Aura's enchant ability as well as any effects, such as protection, that would make it illegal to attach that Aura to the attacking creature. For example, if the attacking creature were an artifact creature with protection from blue, you could find an Aura with "enchant artifact," but you could not find a blue Aura.

We already have threads to discuss the new decks. This discussion should be in the existing thread for this deck.
...whatever
This isnt the first time Mopey has made a new thread for an existing discussion. Can everybody stop posting in these additional threads and keep all the discussions in the same place
Enchanting an aura with totem armour with indestructibility means that the creature is indestructible as well as the aura, because totem armour is a replacement effect that redirects a destroy effect from the creature to the aura.
Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy... --- http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29193605/Promotional_Unlock_Cards_List --- Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.
This isnt the first time Mopey has made a new thread for an existing discussion. Can everybody stop posting in these additional threads and keep all the discussions in the same place

yep like i said at the beginning intro unless you like going through +50 pages of comments that are 4 months old be my guest or can make a specialized thread for deck combos only. your choice but i can speak for everyone when i say maybe getting a updated thread for the dlc would be great till then ill keep making new threads with own deck combos.
Here are my differences from your personal deck M.Hornet:
-1 Infiltrator's Magemark (0 total)
-1 Nomad Mythmaker (0 total)
-1 Grand Arbiter Augustin IV (0 total)
-3 Indestructibility (0 total)
-1 Followed Footsteps (0 total)
-1 Fool's Demise (0 total)
-1 Sigil of the Empty Throne (0 total)
-1 Sovereigns of Lost Alara (0 total)

+2 Evolving Wilds (4 total)
+1 Invisible Stalker (4 total)
+1 Ophidian Eye (1 total)
+2 Flickerwisp (2 total)
+2 Mind Control (2 total)
+1 Sun Titan (2 total)

So that's it then.  10 cards out, 9 cards in is a pretty big difference.  Followed Footsteps, Fool's Demise, and Sigil of the Empty Throne are too slow for me, where I want an immediate Mind Control or Winds of Wrath effect.  Indestructibility is too awkward, as it costs 4 and requires an enchanted creature setup already in place to have a good effect or combo.  Nomad Mythmaker is often a 3 cost 2/2 bear, as if things are going well you have no enchantments in the graveyard (and if they are going poorly, the Mind Control / Winds / Titan turns it back around, instead of this 1-of tap ability).  The Infiltrator's Magemark spot is taken by Ophidian Eye, for a 5th card draw source with the Spiritdancers.  The rest of the deck has a combination of unblockable with board control, and Magemark is putting out some conditional +1/+1 buffs which is like putting a strange Unleash splash in a Detain style deck.  Basically my version doesn't use those slow cards where lots of stuff has to be right for them to work (Daybreak Coronet being the most conditional card, but worth it).  Flickerwisps are in there just 'cause tricks are cool =D  And 4 Evolving Wilds of course, so you can get a U W W start or the deck stops working.

I wanted to make this deck a good WUG 2HG combination with Yeva's Ancient Wilds, but the 2 Flickerwisps and 3 Followed Footsteps available are not a strong enough core.  It would need more blue control spells, and more white flicker effects for that to work out well (so Crosswinds and Obedient Dead remain a much better pairing with Wilds imo).  Indestructibility is probably great in 2HG, when placed on the really good enchantments and artifacts of other decks.

Interestingly, with the paper release upcoming, Azorius doesn't seem to be doing so well in pre-release when you draft or construct from booster packs.  It needs lots of core rares to function like Martial Law, where as guilds like Selesnya can Populate and such with commons and uncommons (and Selesnya can even easily opt into using stuff like Martial Law).
This is my current deck, yes it is 64 cards and I haven't had any problems with that. Sonetimes I switch out Hanna for 1 giant, but normally I always run the same enchants.

erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Starter" library

for Aura Servants (Azorius): 43 picks, 64 cards

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~B4urUk~~Starter~~4AsECSg~~4=jyHgZ~~2=euckk~~2Bpq1Ux~~2?YoR?C~~2?6r?pu~~1?3B=2j~~1Ali19J~~2A=?f24~~1Bnt6dS~~2?AF1pv~~1AnMEkz~~3?JDdWS~~2?Y63XF~~2BcOqKo~~3BpXwqA~~1B0uGGQ~~2AlNweJ~~1AgXXAC~~1?LaxgG~~1=Jl066~~1AH9LXG~~1BYFkpS~~1BMi?92~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left; border-width:1px; border-color:#87acbf; border-style:solid" cellspacing="0" border="0">

Creatures 

cost  
■■■■
 Kor Spiritdancer 
 0/2 

cost  
■■
 Flickerwisp 
 3/1 

cost  

Grand Arbiter Augustin IV 
 2/3 

cost  

Sigil of the Empty Throne 

Immunity 

cost  
■■■■
 Invisible Stalker 
 1/1 

cost  

Geist of Saint Traft 
 2/2 

cost  
■■■
 Indestructibility 

Fetch 

cost  
■■
 Auramancer 
 2/2 

Hanna, Ship's Navigator 
 1/2 

Nomad Mythmaker 
 2/2 

cost  

Sovereigns of Lost Alara 
 4/5 

Aura 

cost  

Lifelink 

cost  
■■
 Daybreak Coronet 

cost  
■■
 Empyrial Armor 

■■
 Griffin Guide 

cost  

Drake Umbra 

Fool's Demise 

■■
 Mammoth Umbra 

Combat surprises 

cost  

Eel Umbra 

Removal 

cost  
■■
 Narcolepsy 

■■
 Pacifism 

cost  

Pariah 

cost  
■■
 Mind Control 

Utility 

cost  
■■■
 Evolving Wilds 

erdana; font-size:9px; padding:0px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

By the way I only play 2HG, so it is built around the idea of having a team mate. People seem to understimate the Nomad, he is one of the best creatures for 2HG in this cycle, due to the fact that you can use his abbility to take control of any enchant in ANY graveyard and enchant ANY creature with it, even the opponents'.

I have taken the aura in ajani's deck and put it on my stalker, let's just say they had no chance after that.
Forsy and Squalltheonly good deck combos and thank you for the feedback, hopefully give people more opitions.
Isnt Nomad bugged? You shouldnt be able to put the enchancement on ANY creature, yet I did Pacify an opponent's creature with it today.
Bugged or not, it is awesome.
Yes it is bugged
I'm not sure how any build can take out the stalkers or spiritdancers. The hexproof allows you--against most decks to avoid losing card advantage. Lifelink or a daybreak coronet or empyrial armor on one is usually disastrous for an opponent. The card draw of the spiritdancers and their pumping is also very very good. Even if you get 2 or 3 for 1ed with them you got some card draw out of them to even it out and if they stay alive even better. The psitidancers work great with a turn 4 indestructibility....

I just love the hexproof of the stalker....

This deck works great in 1v1v1 as well.
Here is my current build: [NOTE this is for 1v1 some comments do not apply to 2HG and other game modes]

4x evolving Wilds -- daybreak coronet--empyrial armor and winds of rath all require 2 white mana so these are necesary...they also, even though they slow you down by putting a tapped land out, help you cycle the land out of your deck...
1xGift of Granite ---cheap pump for a kor spiritdancer...makes it a 2/6, draws you a card, the flash is just a side bonus....
1x Lifelink without any removal, and considering I am not running pacifism or narcolepsy, I need the lifelink. So the 2x Daybreak Coronets, Wall of Reverence and Lifelink is a must for me.
2x Daybreak Coronet -- Just an amazing card, First Strike, Vigilance, LifeLink and +3/3. Combined with a stalker or indestructable and its insane.
1x Eel umbra --- for me the totem armor is the selling point here.
4x Invisible Stalker --hexproof unblookable in a deck with so many auras is a must for me. Avoids the 2 or 3 for 1 of a murder that kor can be prone to...all its damage gets through....turn two stalker, turn 3 empyrial armor tells your opponent you have two more turns in a lot of cases...
4x Kor Spiritdancer -- this creature pumps when you put an aura on it and more importantly, yields card draw.
1x Triclopean Sight -- I think the effect of this card is useful but its mainly there as an early aura that pumps the spiritdancer and draws a card, or gets an aura on either Kor or the staker so a daybreak coronet can be cast.
2x Empyrial Armor --- turn 2 stalker/spiritdance to turn 3 empyrial armor can be disastrous for an opponent....
1x Geist of Saint Traft -- I want this deck to stay around 40% creatures to avoid too many games where you either have enchantments and no creatures or creatures and no enchantments to open a game. So I put in a few extra hexproofs....I suppose 35% would provide perfect balance but you need the creatures for the enchantments to work so I go a bit heavier in that direction....
1x Griffin Guide  --- pumps a creature and gives it wings which is good for evasion since even though the spiritdancers pump fast, they can be chump blocked....  Plus you might need to block a flier....
1x Infiltrator's Magemark -- so yeah, basically makes all your creatures unblockable unless playing Talrand. This is good since the spiritdancers lack evasion.
1x Nomad Mythmaker -- returning an aura card to the battle field for 1 mana seems like a huge bargain, compare this to Hanna who returns the card to your hand for 3 mana and then you have to still recast it.
1x Ophidian Eye -- goes great on a stalker since the stalker is unblockable. Do damage and draw a card everyturn. The stalker's hexproof protects the enchantment as well.
1x Pariah -- put this and indestructibility on a creature and you will be EXTREMELY difficult to kill.
2x Aven Fleeting ---filling the necessary creature quota so I might as well throw in these hexproof fliers....
3x Indestructability --- it might be overkill running all four but I wouldn't blame you if you did and I wouldn't go less than three. Works great on a spiritdancer, stalker, pairs well with Pariah, even a Wall of Reverence if needed....If you put indestructibility on a pariah you can't die until that combo is dealt with.
1x Wall of Reverence -- I really like this card. I played a tourny game against goblins and got out turn 4. Turn 7 I had 50 life and won the game. The lifelink is awesome and if you get one out with a pumped spiritdanced its even better. Its also a great defender. The lack of spot removal makes this card and the other lifelink cards a necessity in my build.
1x Drake Umbra --seems costly but for lack of better options I'll take 3/3, flying and totem armor...
1x Godhead of Awe ---the lack of removal is the only reason I include this card...shut down quicker decks or decks with rapidly building armies....Laugh when a 1/ demigod with haste hits the board!
1x Mammoth Umbra -- same as the drake above but subs vigilance for flying
2x Three dreams -- casting this on turn 5 usually means you will win if you get another turn....
2x Winds of Rath --sometimes you just need to clear the board, whats better, is your enchanted creature lives...
2x Sovereigns of Lost Alara --I think this card is 10x better than the Titan because you are running hexproof cards and most of the time things that return stuff from your graveyard are less useful in this deck. When it hits the board, good things will almost always happen for you....

AuraMancers---it seems that whenever I have these to play there is nothing in my graveyard to use them to grab. I'd much rather stick with the hexproof creatures....
Hanna: does this deck even have artifcact cards to return?
Flickerwisp -- I'd love this card in a mirror match. Not sure how useful it would be outside of that context though....
Iridescent Angel ---protection from all colors seems great but at 7 mana, a 4/4 that comes in late and doesn't immediately impact the board seems overcosted. I'd consider this in 2HG but this card is too late to be useful in 1v1.
2x Sun Titan -- Alara is much better in the deck build I have. I honestly think running this card is a mistake. The same problem plagues the Titan as the AuraMancers--my graveyard often enough does not have stuff worth using. There are a few games where the Titan would be useful but against most decks I don't think its needed. I'd prefer a cheaper hexproof that has evasion.
Celestial Ancient ----yucky and overcosted  card for me....I am not trying to pump tokens. I'm trying to get a single creature swinging 2-3 turns for mortal damage...
Aven Mimeomancer ---I suppose this card could be included....you could make a spiritdancer/Stalker a 3/1 or deal with bigger enemy creatures....I like this card in 2HG as it provides some spiffy combos...would not object to its inclusion. It could add a bit more control to your deck....

I might actually try a full control build one day....but for now this is what I am running and why....

Thinking of dropping the drake and mammoth umbra for pacifisms though.... lower the mana curve a bit and pacifisms could provide early card draw for spiritdancers...I'd rather speed up the tempo of this deck even more if I can...
There is already a very active thread dedicated to this deck.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Why do people keep posting in these "second" threads?  It's confusing and unnecessary.  I think we should keep all discussion in the existing threads, which have many more pages of existing discussion to keep the same arguments from popping up.
This aura servants build and  all the similar versions to it (as its been evolving) is yielding my best win% since the dlc....16-4 and that 5-1 vas Liliana

SS seems to be a touch matchup though and its pretty ommon right now...

I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

Just used this build vs ED, got the with insane amounts of card draw but I have absolutely no answer for a Worship and I will most ikely card myself before my opponent. So against the mirror match and ED this build has some notable weaknesses....and I am learning more as I play but often enough, even against decks I am weak against its usually a race. I mean, a good draw means the game ends turn 5 for my opponent. Not many decks can do that.

Killa, you and I have almost identical builds. I think the only difference is my Aven Mimeomancer for your
Mammoth Umbra. I also replaced Three Dreams with something, can't remember what.

Also...what's up with the artwork for Hanna?! Is that even a Magic card?
Killa, you and I have almost identical builds. I think the only difference is my Aven Mimeomancer for your
Mammoth Umbra. I also replaced Three Dreams with something, can't remember what.

Also...what's up with the artwork for Hanna?! Is that even a Magic card?

I meant Hanna, Ship's Navigator LOL

How do you deal with things like an Obliterator, Worship, etc? Just race them?
I haven't run into either yet. I figure Obliterator will be easier to deal with, either with the Avatar or Winds of Rath. Worship can be sniped with a Flickerwisp, so I'd probably try to plan an attack around that. Which means I should probably add one to my deck...
I haven't run into either yet. I figure Obliterator will be easier to deal with, either with the Avatar or Winds of Rath. Worship can be sniped with a Flickerwisp, so I'd probably try to plan an attack around that. Which means I should probably add one to my deck...

Yeah, I am thinking a Flickerwisp (ONE ONE ONE) would suffice for ED. My ability to draw cards and to get a hexproof creature with lifelink and vigilance will make the game competitive and keep me alive a reasonable amount of time to where I can draw one....Also, I saw the caps of your mirror match with the pariah and indestructibility....LOLOL....I think one wisp would be good for a mirror match and it could also have other small benefits...

I am thinking a Mind Control would be nice at this point?

Ditch 2x Three Dreams  and one of those 5 mana enchantments....for two pacifisms and a Mind Control....a followed footsteps would be nice to....

I had no idea what an Avatar was in this deck so I had to look....yeah, the Godhead of Awe is a good card......I suppose a feather counter could make the  Obliterator killable by a 1/1 stalker or 2/2 if necesary.....Just trying to find a pinch of control in this deck....

I reall think gift of granite has to go....no room....and a three dreams could even help you get a pacifism if needed....

What I have been doing has been working so I am hesitant to change it....

So two winds of rath, godhead of awe, lots of carddraw, hexproof unblockables and some ample lifegain kind of offset the utter and complete lack of removal.

Why do people keep posting in these "second" threads?  It's confusing and unnecessary.  I think we should keep all discussion in the existing threads, which have many more pages of existing discussion to keep the same arguments from popping up.

yep like ive said for the third time now hopefully you actually read the thread before you just put a blant comment and kinda look foolish, i made this new thread for more updated information that isn't under a 4 month thread where most of the comments where made before the dlc even came out.
Here is my current build: [NOTE this is for 1v1 some comments do not apply to 2HG and other game modes]

4x evolving Wilds -- daybreak coronet--empyrial armor and winds of rath all require 2 white mana so these are necesary...they also, even though they slow you down by putting a tapped land out, help you cycle the land out of your deck...
1xGift of Granite ---cheap pump for a kor spiritdancer...makes it a 2/6, draws you a card, the flash is just a side bonus....
1x Lifelink without any removal, and considering I am not running pacifism or narcolepsy, I need the lifelink. So the 2x Daybreak Coronets, Wall of Reverence and Lifelink is a must for me.
2x Daybreak Coronet -- Just an amazing card, First Strike, Vigilance, LifeLink and +3/3. Combined with a stalker or indestructable and its insane.
1x Eel umbra --- for me the totem armor is the selling point here.
4x Invisible Stalker --hexproof unblookable in a deck with so many auras is a must for me. Avoids the 2 or 3 for 1 of a murder that kor can be prone to...all its damage gets through....turn two stalker, turn 3 empyrial armor tells your opponent you have two more turns in a lot of cases...
4x Kor Spiritdancer -- this creature pumps when you put an aura on it and more importantly, yields card draw.
1x Triclopean Sight -- I think the effect of this card is useful but its mainly there as an early aura that pumps the spiritdancer and draws a card, or gets an aura on either Kor or the staker so a daybreak coronet can be cast.
2x Empyrial Armor --- turn 2 stalker/spiritdance to turn 3 empyrial armor can be disastrous for an opponent....
1x Geist of Saint Traft -- I want this deck to stay around 40% creatures to avoid too many games where you either have enchantments and no creatures or creatures and no enchantments to open a game. So I put in a few extra hexproofs....I suppose 35% would provide perfect balance but you need the creatures for the enchantments to work so I go a bit heavier in that direction....
1x Griffin Guide  --- pumps a creature and gives it wings which is good for evasion since even though the spiritdancers pump fast, they can be chump blocked....  Plus you might need to block a flier....
1x Infiltrator's Magemark -- so yeah, basically makes all your creatures unblockable unless playing Talrand. This is good since the spiritdancers lack evasion.
1x Nomad Mythmaker -- returning an aura card to the battle field for 1 mana seems like a huge bargain, compare this to Hanna who returns the card to your hand for 3 mana and then you have to still recast it.
1x Ophidian Eye -- goes great on a stalker since the stalker is unblockable. Do damage and draw a card everyturn. The stalker's hexproof protects the enchantment as well.
1x Pariah -- put this and indestructibility on a creature and you will be EXTREMELY difficult to kill.
2x Aven Fleeting ---filling the necessary creature quota so I might as well throw in these hexproof fliers....
3x Indestructability --- it might be overkill running all four but I wouldn't blame you if you did and I wouldn't go less than three. Works great on a spiritdancer, stalker, pairs well with Pariah, even a Wall of Reverence if needed....If you put indestructibility on a pariah you can't die until that combo is dealt with.
1x Wall of Reverence -- I really like this card. I played a tourny game against goblins and got out turn 4. Turn 7 I had 50 life and won the game. The lifelink is awesome and if you get one out with a pumped spiritdanced its even better. Its also a great defender. The lack of spot removal makes this card and the other lifelink cards a necessity in my build.
1x Drake Umbra --seems costly but for lack of better options I'll take 3/3, flying and totem armor...
1x Godhead of Awe ---the lack of removal is the only reason I include this card...shut down quicker decks or decks with rapidly building armies....Laugh when a 1/ demigod with haste hits the board!
1x Mammoth Umbra -- same as the drake above but subs vigilance for flying
2x Three dreams -- casting this on turn 5 usually means you will win if you get another turn....
2x Winds of Rath --sometimes you just need to clear the board, whats better, is your enchanted creature lives...
2x Sovereigns of Lost Alara --I think this card is 10x better than the Titan because you are running hexproof cards and most of the time things that return stuff from your graveyard are less useful in this deck. When it hits the board, good things will almost always happen for you....

AuraMancers---it seems that whenever I have these to play there is nothing in my graveyard to use them to grab. I'd much rather stick with the hexproof creatures....
Hanna: does this deck even have artifcact cards to return?
Flickerwisp -- I'd love this card in a mirror match. Not sure how useful it would be outside of that context though....
Iridescent Angel ---protection from all colors seems great but at 7 mana, a 4/4 that comes in late and doesn't immediately impact the board seems overcosted. I'd consider this in 2HG but this card is too late to be useful in 1v1.
2x Sun Titan -- Alara is much better in the deck build I have. I honestly think running this card is a mistake. The same problem plagues the Titan as the AuraMancers--my graveyard often enough does not have stuff worth using. There are a few games where the Titan would be useful but against most decks I don't think its needed. I'd prefer a cheaper hexproof that has evasion.
Celestial Ancient ----yucky and overcosted  card for me....I am not trying to pump tokens. I'm trying to get a single creature swinging 2-3 turns for mortal damage...
Aven Mimeomancer ---I suppose this card could be included....you could make a spiritdancer/Stalker a 3/1 or deal with bigger enemy creatures....I like this card in 2HG as it provides some spiffy combos...would not object to its inclusion. It could add a bit more control to your deck....

I might actually try a full control build one day....but for now this is what I am running and why....

killabkilledb good deck combos and thanks for posting your feedback.

yep like ive said for the third time now hopefully you actually read the thread before you just put a blant comment and kinda look foolish, i made this new thread for more updated information that isn't under a 4 month thread where most of the comments where made before the dlc even came out.

That's not true.  The "old" threads have had constant builds and analysis of them ever since the DLC came out.  Also, the "old" threads have proper OPs with full decklists.

Nothing personal man but having two threads for each deck is completely useless.
There is so much drama in this forum, it feels like a WoW forum or something. I actually prefer a new thread over that old thread that when you go in you don't know what people are talking about or what are good builds, cuz theres way too many pages.

I used to follow the jace/chandra/liliana threads but stopped for like a month and went back to find too many pages and I totally lost the train of thought.

You go in and see people say "that's a good deck combo" but then where is the deck??? Who knows, maybe 5 pages back or 10 pages back.
There is so much drama in this forum, it feels like a WoW forum or something. I actually prefer a new thread over that old thread that when you go in you don't know what people are talking about or what are good builds, cuz theres way too many pages. I used to follow the jace/chandra/liliana threads but stopped for like a month and went back to find too many pages and I totally lost the train of thought. You go in and see people say "that's a good deck combo" but then where is the deck??? Who knows, maybe 5 pages back or 10 pages back.

I'm responsible for a lot of the drama but much of that is warranted as there are a lot of people here who feel they have the right to tell people where to post, when to post, how to post and how much to post despite the fact that their posts do not violate any rules of this forum. And I am not just talking about Drone, no need to beat that dead horse. There are quite a few others in this bunch as well. These individuals, whether it is intended or not, come off as hostile and angry and would be better served making their own forum where they can supervise what is and isn't allowed. Guess what, as long as it doesn't violate any rules, I don't need anyone's permission or blessing to create a new thread if I feel it is necessary. I am not going to engage in grotesque reduncancy because that floods the forum but the defnition of what is and isn't useless is in the eye of the beholder sometimes and the aforementioned individuals lack the tact and decency to recognize that.

Someone might feel this thread is useless but its creator didn't, the people voicing legitimate responses in it don't, you don't and neither do I. Sadly, they want to keep beating the dead horse. It is those comments that degrade the forum and drive it into redundancy.

Appreciate that OP took the time to make a big write up and share his thoughts on the game or simple ignore that he did. There is no need for any other action here.

Yeah, I am thinking a Flickerwisp (ONE ONE ONE) would suffice for ED. My ability to draw cards and to get a hexproof creature with lifelink and vigilance will make the game competitive and keep me alive a reasonable amount of time to where I can draw one....Also, I saw the caps of your mirror match with the pariah and indestructibility....LOLOL....I think one wisp would be good for a mirror match and it could also have other small benefits...

Ditch 2x Three Dreams  and one of those 5 mana enchantments....for two pacifisms and a Mind Control....a followed footsteps would be nice to....

I had no idea what an Avatar was in this deck so I had to look....yeah, the Godhead of Awe is a good card......I suppose a feather counter could make the  Obliterator killable by a 1/1 stalker or 2/2 if necesary.....Just trying to find a pinch of control in this deck....

I reall think gift of granite has to go....no room....and a three dreams could even help you get a pacifism if needed....

So two winds of rath, godhead of awe, lots of carddraw, hexproof unblockables and some ample lifegain kind of offset the utter and complete lack of removal.

Y'know, I haven't missed Pacificsm so far. Narcolepsy (which is one of the differences in our decks) does a better job for the same price. I also have one Mind Control, just for that last bit of control...though it feels like this deck doesn't need it too badly. If you're not pushing through with your pumped-up weenies and bonus life gain, it seems like this deck won't stand a chance either way.

Aven Mimeomancer seems like it should be so handy, but I'm yet to use it on a nasty like Grave Titan or somethin'. I think I might drop it for the Flickerwisp. Any thoughts?

Y'know, I haven't missed Pacificsm so far. Narcolepsy (which is one of the differences in our decks) does a better job for the same price. I also have one Mind Control, just for that last bit of control...though it feels like this deck doesn't need it too badly. If you're not pushing through with your pumped-up weenies and bonus life gain, it seems like this deck won't stand a chance either way.

Aven Mimeomancer seems like it should be so handy, but I'm yet to use it on a nasty like Grave Titan or somethin'. I think I might drop it for the Flickerwisp. Any thoughts?

I don't know. Flickerwisp is really useful in removing a worship or mirror matches if they enemy has pariah/indestructibility on. ED is played so little on the ipad that its meaningless to me unless I am in a tournament here and someone is running it....the mirror matches could be a little more prevalent right now....but I don't think its needed...I don't want to mess with the deck for 15 to 1 odds of getting in a mirror match and to top it off there is only one pariah so the odds of getting it, even with card draw in a mirror are 25-50% depending on how long the game goes.... so thats what, once in every 30-60 games I will wish I had a flickerwisp? I'll do without it. If AS becomes the new hotness then I'd include it.

I can't include mind control as I am at 5 total 5drops and I don't ant to be too top heavy.... I'm trying a Sigil of the Empty throne.  I had overlooked this card but I've been smashed by it several times. If its cast on turn 5 by an enemy then I know turn 6 is going to be terribad for me...

I think the two winds....two narcolepsy (I switched!), the wall, pariah/indestructibility combo, card draw and lifegain potential are enough balance here....an Aven I wouldn't mind, not only can it slow down some monsters but its an evasive attacker and potential blocker as well. It can also pump up your 1/1s and 0/2s..

I'm thinking of dropping the mammoth umbra for it but I like having an extra totem armor in their...

I am going to try out the Sigil and see if it has any impact over a set of 10 games or so...Maybe the aven wil ltake its place or maybe its time to drop gift of granite....its there mainly as cheap pump/draw/combat trick/get me a coronet on quicker anyays....

Although this thread has gone on for a few days, I have to agree with DroneOn and Monk in regards to keeping our forum tidy.

While the discussion originally began with mopey's tips when making a specific deck build, it has wandered into the realm of general deck building for Aura Servants which is already covered by this existing thread. Please continue the conversation there. I'm locking this as a duplicate. Thanks for your understanding, everyone.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline