How to interpret daze that ends at the start of turn?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Glittering Crystals fortune card (Fury of the Feywild promo card 3, rare) states: "Play at the start of your turn. You create a zone of glittering crystals in a 2-square-by-3-square area within 5 squares of you that lasts until the start of your next turn. You can place this card on the battlemap to mark the squares of the zone. Any creature that ends its turn in the zone is dazed until the start of its next turn."

Suppose my character places this card somewhere legally at the top of round 1. In the middle of round 1, creature X ends its turn there. In round 2, creature X doesn't delay or ready an action--it attempts to act on its turn in initiative.  No other status effects apply to creature X.

Questions: (1) How many actions can creature X perform in round 2?  (2) During creature X's turn in round 2, does it grant combat advantage?  (3) During creature X's turn in round 2, can it flank?

I am confident that the answers to (2) and (3) are "no" and "yes" respectively, but I'm not sure about (1).  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

EDIT: Meant to say "yes" to #3 instead of "no".
(1) How many actions can creature X perform in round 2?

All. It's not dazed on it's own turn. The effect appears to be intended merely to grant CA, prevent immediate actions, prevent OA's, etc. in the interim.
(2) During creature X's turn in round 2, does it grant combat advantage?
No

(3) During creature X's turn in round 2, can it flank?

Yes
1) All of them.  The daze effect ended at the start of its turn.  Therefore, the condition no longer exists to limit your available actions.

2) No.  The daze effect ended at the start of its turn.  Therefore, the condition no longer exists to impose combat advantage.

3) Yes.  The daze effect ended at the start of its turn.  Therefore, the condition no longer exists to limit the creature's ability to flank.

You didn't mention how long the zone lasts.  But assuming the zone lasts longer than a single turn, if a creature that was dazed by the zone ends its turn in the zone again, it will become dazed once more.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
Thought so, thanks.  I did mention how long the zone lasts: "until the start of your next turn".
Sign In to post comments