Storm sorcerer which Deity to worship?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for Ideas on what my storm sorcerer should worship, note He is a goblin so Im stuck between just worshipping Avandra or Kord ( Cuase he is also the god of storms
What's his personality and outlook on life?  What god is closest to exemplifying the the attitudes he has?

Being a goblin in no way limits your choice of deity.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Well in a sense he is very childish, tends to collects useless things calling them "magical" , and is over-infatuated with zapping people and things....ALOT. Personally I wanted to do Kord but my DM said the God of Battle ( he completly ignored the Storm aspect of his domain) wouldnt make sense for a Goblin
Your DM's kind of a twit on this.  Race has absolutely nothing to do with diety worship.  You could always go with Corellon, as a god of magic (since you're an arcane class, and he collects 'magical' trinkets).

For that matter, you don't even need a diety if you don't want one.  You could just skip it.
Personally I wanted to do Kord but my DM said the God of Battle ( he completly ignored the Storm aspect of his domain) wouldnt make sense for a Goblin

... And why did that stop you? Your DM can't forbid you from worshipping Kord, just because it's not something your DM would personally do. If you want your character to worship Kord, that's all there is to it, really.

My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Corelleon really? I never considered him being the god of Elves and such, and as to not worshiping one the thing is my whole group worships bahamut beside the preist who belongs to erathis

In baseline 4E, Corellon is the god of magic much more than just the god of the elves... Racial deities in 4E tend to focus more on the other aspects of their respective portfolios than on their race.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

In baseline 4E, Corellon is the god of magic much more than just the god of the elves... Racial deities in 4E tend to focus more on the other aspects of their respective portfolios than on their race.

Ya know what Ill put him down as a worshiper of Corelleon after all, He's a sorcerer n genral besides being one of the storm so Im sure their wont be ANY trouble with that, Thanks for the ideas :P
Corelleon really? I never considered him being the god of Elves and such, and as to not worshiping one the thing is my whole group worships bahamut beside the preist who belongs to erathis

Racial pantheons are utterly and completely dead, and good riddance.  No 'you can't worship X god unless you are Y race' nonsense.

And this matters ... why?

And this matters ... why?

Well I felt left out...lol Anyway I like to give my characters a deity to worship, makes for some good rping :3
How does your goblin relate to other goblins in thet game? What gods do they generally worship, if at all? If your character is still a goblin at heart, then appealing to one of thsoe gods does make some sense (not, I'm saying gods that are generally worshipped, not invariably). If he has broken from goblin society, then a god on the other end of the spectrum might do as well (so if we assume that most goblins worship Bane, then you might worship Kord or even Bahamut). Also, gods aren't the only thing to worship, there are primordials as well... Castanamir for instance is the patron of storm and cloud giants,  Heur-Ket is an imprisoned storm promordial and Mual-Tar is called the Thunder Serpent for a reason (this last one might be interesting, considering it was supposed to be bound in chains made by Moradin, and goblins and dwarves generally aren't shown as getting along but then I don't know what your campaign is like).
I agree with EricDerRote, their are all sorts of NPC cultists of demons, primordials, far realm creatures, etc. If Kord doesn't feel right choose one of them with the idea that your Goblin is more awed by their power, then agrees with their outlook on morality.

However in Temple of the Weeping Goddess it states that Avandra use to be the God of sailors but passed that duty onto Melora, so those two would be good options as well. 
Worship the Lord of Blades!

No?

What about Hiddukal? 
Your DM tells you what religion your characters are allowed to be?

This sounds like a job for a gun that shoots hammers.  Shoot him with a hammer and then tell him your Goblin is a Seventh Day Adventist.  If he says that makes no sense, pop off another hammer and shout DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE, PINKSTUFF.   Keep at it until he relents or starts to cry.
"When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish." D&D Outsider
I have a halfling storm sorcerer I'm playing right now that worships Avandra. The whole "luck favors the bold" really works out for a storm sorcerer's destructive nature. She's also just fun for your DM to make manifest on random occasions to test your bravery.
Sign In to post comments