A puzzle i would like to see who can solve it.

83 posts / 0 new
Last post

Here is a puzzle code i created and was wondering if anyoe could solve it

1 24 16 11 25 __ 2 22 14 19 __ 3 22 6 14 19 1 6 25 __ 4 19 13 __ 2 18 3 26 21 3

6 8 13 10 25 12 17 __ 6 26 18 23 __ 6 1 26 21 2 __ 9 24 18 __ 5 25 13 18

11 9 4 5 24 4, __ 4 24 16 21 ___ 7 23 8 26 6 5 17 ___ 6 26 11 __ 3 23 15 20

2 10 25 12 7 26 __ 11 26 20 1 21 13 18 __ 19 26 11 7 26 __ 20 22 17 20 5 18 23 4

21 6 22 21 7.

The lines are spaces between words. 

Who is anyoe?
Who is anyoe?

anyoNE sorry forgot the other N lol!
Masking is against the CoC.
Please remove your post malcairad

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

Only the masking of obscene language, did you actually take the time to figure out this guy's 'code' and determine that its obscene? 

And besides, if "masking" is such a bad thing, why do 'they' give us this little guy ?

it, thats what i say.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Only the masking of obscene language, did you actually take the time to figure out this guy's 'code' and determine that its obscene? 

Nope.
Not interested.

And I guess your sarcasm meter is broken.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
This puzzle is ridiculus. It is build on the premise that 0.9999 = 1 and we all know that is false. 

I deal with alot of measurements at work, so if something i was working on was supposed to have a one inch bend in it, and it came out to .999 inches instead, I would call that close enough, just the way I roll. 

And any way, really i think the numbers are supposed to correspond to letters, although im finding that 1 does not = a and so on, I might take another crack at it later on, if im bored or whatever. 
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Nope.
Not interested.

And I guess your sarcasm meter is broken.

Yes, Im having one of those days, my sarcasm meter is definitely busted. 
I was just worried that you might be spending too much time with trappedslidder and turning into a forum rules Nazi, haha. 

Yes, Im having one of those days, my sarcasm meter is definitely busted.

Welcome to my world.
I was just worried that you might be spending too much time with trappedslidder and turning into a forum rules Nazi, haha. 

Nope. Not me.
But I do like to make fun of the CoC.

what's masking?

what's masking?

It's what you did.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Can't really explain it, I'd have to show you.  Not gonna do that cuz our fairly rigid CoC doesn't permit it and I'd rather not stir the pot.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

What's the key?
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

What's the key?

there is no key so to speak, its a challenge to figure it out
You need a key to solve a code.
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

there is no key, its a riddle, a puzzle, you have to figure it out
Well give us the key and we'll give it a shot.  Sheesh.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Looks like a code, which means it needs a key to solve otherwise it's unsolvable.
MTG Card

It is solvable without a key; I imagine it would be quite annoying (and not entertaining) for many humans to attempt to solve this without a key.
That's assuming it is a bad code.
MTG Card

The only assumption made is that this numbers to letters puzzle is coherent once completed.
http://skepticon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/knapp01.png

EDIT: What is the sentence about? Like can you put some kind of context to it?

"Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this."

i created this for my D&D group it was an encoded message, no key, that the players had to solve, its not hard, at least i didnt think it was but it does takea bit of thinking to get started but once you realize the simplicity of the code it all falls into place rather nicely

Here is a puzzle code i created and was wondering if anyoe could solve it

1 24 16 11 25 __ 2 22 14 19 __ 3 22 6 14 19 1 6 25 __ 4 19 13 __ 2 18 3 26 21 3

6 8 13 10 25 12 17 __ 6 26 18 23 __ 6 1 26 21 2 __ 9 24 18 __ 5 25 13 18

11 9 4 5 24 4, __ 4 24 16 21 ___ 7 23 8 26 6 5 17 ___ 6 26 11 __ 3 23 15 20

2 10 25 12 7 26 __ 11 26 20 1 21 13 18 __ 19 26 11 7 26 __ 20 22 17 20 5 18 23 4

21 6 22 21 7.

The lines are spaces between words. 

There is no number that goes above 26, but numbers do not match the letter they are supposed to be. So I guess you have to find the "new" number 1 letter and start from there. 

Too much work.  

if it didnt require work where would the fun/challenge be?
It is solvable without a key; I imagine it would be quite annoying (and not entertaining) for many humans to attempt to solve this without a key.

annoying and not entertaining? then you dont know many puzzle solvers do you?
I did not state all humans would find it annoying and not entertaining.
*YAWN*
*rubs eyes*
What? This thread still active!?
Sheesh!
*goes back to bed*
Looks like a code, which means it needs a key to solve otherwise it's unsolvable.

/head pat

That's cute.

But incorrect.  It's called cryptanalysis.

Of course, it'll be easiest if it's a simple substitution cipher.  If it's more complicated, like a Playfair or Vigenerre cipher, then it'll take more work.

Of course, it's not very long, so we can't make a real statistic attack either.

Hrm... damnit, now you've piqued my interest.  Let me go grab my old books and see what the distribution should be.  I think it's probably too short for that to be too reliable, but it should give me an indication of if it's a substition or not.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
my work
From the frequency analysis I'm pretty sure you didn't go too fancy.  I'm putting my money on a mono-alphabetic cipher.  A Ceaser shift would probably be easiest and would slow down the game the least, so I'll check that first, but I'm not really expecting it.  Then again, I'd actually find it hilarious if you whipped out the Playfair in a game.  I mean really, who the hell is gonna expect that?  (Pulling out the Vigenere would just be mean, and only be appropriate if you're gonna send the coded message home with teh players to solve before next week).

Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
my continung work
I was right.  Not a Caeser shift.  Went through all 26 permutations (normally it'd be 25 permutations but we're starting without letters so...)

Me and the SO would like to know two things: the context in which this is found (situational clues and all that jazz) and to confirm that the plaintext is in English and not, say, Spanish or French.

But yeah... our conclusion is that it's too short for a good frequency attack, it's not a Caeser shift, the lack of contractions and abscence of single-letter words... it's a pretty tough cryptoquip.  Have you actually had anyone manage to solve it in under an hour?  (not whether you think you could, if you made it your opinion on how long it should take to solve it is pretty moot.)

I think we're gonna continue to plink at it, but my conclusion is that unless your group are master puzzle-solvers then this might be a major slow-down in your game absent of some other unmentioned clue.  Not impossible, but probably time-consuming and not necessarily a group activity (again, unless this is a sort of thing your group does together regularly, but that's kind on the fringe side of things, ya know?) 
Me and the SO would like to know two things: the context in which this is found (situational clues and all that jazz) and to confirm that the plaintext is in English and not, say, Spanish or French.

But yeah... our conclusion is that it's too short for a good frequency attack, it's not a Caeser shift, the lack of contractions and abscence of single-letter words... it's a pretty tough cryptoquip.  Have you actually had anyone manage to solve it in under an hour?  (not whether you think you could, if you made it your opinion on how long it should take to solve it is pretty moot.)

I think we're gonna continue to plink at it, but my conclusion is that unless your group are master puzzle-solvers then this might be a major slow-down in your game absent of some other unmentioned clue.  Not impossible, but probably time-consuming and not necessarily a group activity (again, unless this is a sort of thing your group does together regularly, but that's kind on the fringe side of things, ya know?) 

it is i english

it was found in a chest with other unique items at the begining of a campaign. if my players did not solve it before they achieved what it mentioned i was going to have an npc decipher for them, they had long time to work with it

I guess EE doesn't call himself a code-monkey for nothing
was going over my code making sure it was correctand found one small mistake

11 26 20 1 21 13 18   should be  11 26 20__1 21 13 18

if you solved this puzzle that may have stumped you for a moment but you shou8ldve realized my mistake by that point
was going over my code making sure it was correctand found one small mistake

11 26 20 1 21 13 18   should be  11 26 20__1 21 13 18

if you solved this puzzle that may have stumped you for a moment but you shou8ldve realized my mistake by that point

Nobody is trying, dude. Sorry to tell you so bluntly since you did not seem to understand under all the snark.

Yup.
Not only is nobody trying.... nobody cares.
Well EE was trying, and to be honest, yeah I did too, tried a few different combinations, nothing seemed to work, although I might try it again since the OP has corected it, im willing to bet that one of those 3 letter words is 'the'.
Eh.  Honestly, it's too short for a good statistical attack (especially if the coded message uses the word "wizard" multiple times.  "Z" is supposed to be uncommon, damnit).

'course, if I could find a good open-source dictionary library, I might write a short program to do a dictionary attack and return for review the ciphers with the highest real word matches...  But honestly, if the best attack I have is brute force, then I think that means I've already lost. 
Eh.  Honestly, it's too short for a good statistical attack (especially if the coded message uses the word "wizard" multiple times.  "Z" is supposed to be uncommon, damnit).

'course, if I could find a good open-source dictionary library, I might write a short program to do a dictionary attack and return for review the ciphers with the highest real word matches...  But honestly, if the best attack I have is brute force, then I think that means I've already lost. 

Pfft... loser.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
/shrug

Claims by ADHadh aside, I'm a code monkey because I like writing code, not because I'm skilled at cracking codes. 
And it's not like there's any benefit to spending the required time to crack this one, either.

Section Six Soldier

Sign In to post comments