Dungeon Command Wish List...WOTC pay attention!

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, I haven't seen this as of yet...and while it may be a pipe dream, it doesn't hurt to wish...

We have Drow, Adventurers, Goblins...soon there will be Undead and Orcs.

What would you like to see beyond that?
I know I have my own deepest wish, I'd like to see a set done based on an entry from Threats to the Nentir Vale; Dythan's Legion, a battleforce of Dragonborn! 
From a sales perspective, there are around 4 or 5 Dragonborn minis out there, buying them is a challenge to say the least (most of them sold as singles range from $15-$25) many players might buy the set just to have a selection of Dragonborn (like I know quite a few did to get some Drow).

What do the rest of you want to see?
I know I have my own deepest wish, I'd like to see a set done based on an entry from Threats to the Nentir Vale; Dythan's Legion, a battleforce of Dragonborn!

I actually think that is quite awesome. I like the idea of miniatures that can also be used as adventurers in D&D games. My only challenge: How to pronounce "Dythan"?

You got me there!
How about a swamp themed set?  You could have Lizard Men, Bullywugs, a Shambling Mound?  Lots of cool stuff to choose from.

Or they could do a tundra/arctic themed set with...a Frost Giant at least.  Yeti?

I especially want add on packs though!  If would be so siked if they started to release small miniature/card packs.  The existing warbands are great but it would be so cool to have other things to flesh them out.  For instance, there is a long list of undead that you can add to the one warband.  Always cool characters you could add to Heart of Cormyr.  Add a handmaiden of Lolth to the drow!
Tieflings suffer from the same low availability as dragonborns so I'd like a Bael Turath (or Netherese, I guess, since it appears with Heart of Cormyr that the Dungeon Command fluff is Forgotten Realms-based, and so is most of their fluff for D&D nowadays) themed pack. A bunch of tieflings, devils and related annoyances.

Dragonborn army is also a decent idea, make a couple of them Adventurers too so they can supplement Cormyr bands.

Feywild would be cool too but we already have a few Elves to tide us over, and it's a faction that already is well represented in the old minis.

Aberrant warband with a beholder level 6+ flagship miniature.
 I've been wondering this myself. I've been thinking an Elf or Dwarf themed one would be logical, just to suppliment the contingent we have in the Cormyr set. A Feywild set (using Druids, Treants, and other fey creatures) was something I had figured they might do, but couldn't think of a good way to add more Dwarves or "Good" warbands. I very much wanted a Dragonborn set, but couldnt' think of a way to imlement it.  

Aberrant and Swamp I had not considered, but they would make excellent additions and have a ton of cool creatures that could easily be used. 

I was also thinking of an "Ogre" themed set, with Ogres and Minotaurs being the heavy hitters, and some other oddball creatures thrown in for measure.  
I do like the swamp set idea (I always did like Lizard Folk, and they have plenty of models to recycle, lol)...I think there's at least one ogre in the Orcs set coming up...but a giants/ogres set would be pretty cool.
I like kobolds. you could put a dragon, some guard drakes and order cards/ creature features that act as traps perhaps even changing the terain. I like the dragon born set too though.  
If you can't tell from the profile pic, I love kobolds too...I guess I'm just thinking on shelfish terms...I have tons of Kobold minis...but I would love to see a battle force of them.
#1 Fey Heroes with fairies, wilden, satyrs, and centaurs

#2 Evil Army, like the Iron Circle from Reavers of Harkenwold

#3 Yuan-ti !!!!

#4 Normal villagers. Not even joking.
How about a swamp themed set?  You could have Lizard Men, Bullywugs, a Shambling Mound?  Lots of cool stuff to choose from.

I second that idea.. Bullywugs ftw
I don't know what theme exactly it would fit into, but I loved the Beholder from Deathknell. It's a pretty iconic D&D creature at this point, right? 
Dythan's Legion and the Iron Circle would be awesome. The Legion's set could include a couple of lion drakes.

We could pit both armies to fight over the Nentir Vale.

Pay attention, Wizards of the Coast!
The Iron Circle would be pretty great.  A couple of human mooks, a human caster and maybe even a human knight accompanied by a couple of tar devils and assorted other devils.  Just having the devils would make it a great pack.

I'd also like to see a purely elemental pack.  The elemental in Cormyr was cool, but I'd like to see more to play with, especially since my players are going to go into the Elemental Chaos eventually.  I'd like some more minis for elementals.  All I have now is a Magma brute and Chillfire destroyer. 
That's three in favour of Dythan's Legion and three in favour of the Iron Circle.
That's three in favour of Dythan's Legion and three in favour of the Iron Circle.

Make that 4, I would buy two sets of each.
Yeah, more dragonborn would be great, too.

Hell... I'd like a tiefling set, as well.  It's hard to find some good tieflings.  Not quite as hard as dragonborn, though, I admit. 
I would definitely buy a Dragonborn Dungeon Command set!! There aren't enough Dragonborn minis out there. I'd also love to see a Dragon/Kobold set.
I don't know what theme exactly it would fit into, but I loved the Beholder from Deathknell. It's a pretty iconic D&D creature at this point, right? 

Agreed, and honestly I think they need to go back to the Underdark for this one because aside from the Beholder I would like to see some Mind Flayers, Deurgar, Draegloth, and Aboleths see play.  Other than that Foulspawn have more than enough units to warrent a faction pack of their own.  But I think what would really make people drool is faction packs for devils and demons. 

Totally agree with a Feywild set and a Yuan-ti set!

Agreed, and honestly I think they need to go back to the Underdark for this one because aside from the Beholder I would like to see some Mind Flayers, Deurgar, Draegloth, and Aboleths see play.  Other than that Foulspawn have more than enough units to warrent a faction pack of their own.  But I think what would really make people drool is faction packs for devils and demons. 

I agree 100% with Kirenx!  I would love to see something with a beholder, mind flayers, deuger, etc.

Oh yea, devils and demons would be awesome as well.

I'd sort of forgotten about the Blood War minis (it's not like I have thousands of them in boxes in a closet somewhere >.<) But I totally agree on those thems. Demons, Devils, Archons and Angels. Any of those 4 would be great. 
Things I could see myself getting:

1. Dragonborn-themed. Avengers of Arkosia?
2. Eberron-themed. Warforged, Halflings with dinosaurs, Artificers and elementals. Brigade of the Last War?
3. Fey and/or nature-themed. Druids, Pixies, centaurs, treants and animals. Fury of the Feywild?
4. Kobolds and Dragons.
5. Dark Sun theme. Thri-kreen, lots of tough-looking humanoids.
what about the temple of elemental evil?

can't go wrong with evil cultists, arch overlords and summoned things from beyond Wink
Well, if we were to have an Arkhosian-themed faction, why not deliver one based on Bael-Turath as well?
1) Yuan-ti
2) Dragonborn
3) Feywild
4) Far Realm

Maybe Shades, or Red Wizards...oh, oh! a Cult of Bane...too many good possibilities.

But to be fair, I love all three sets so far, pretty sure I'll like whatever themes they'll throw at us next.
Well keeping line with Forgotten Realms since it seems to be the theme of most DC. 

1) Paladins of Torm - need some more good guys and you cant go wrong with Paladins.

2) Demons - Something with a Balor in it.   

3) Yuan-ti - Come on these guys are awesome

4) Towns folk - Someone else said it.  I think it would be funny to see a drow army get owned by people with farm equipment lol

5) Feywild  -  You need some nature...and a nymph....who doesnt need a nymph...and animals

6) Cultist - Its as good as any I guess for evil humans.  Doesnt really matter the diety/demon they worship but if I had to choose I would pick Asmodeus

7) Illithids - The best part is you could include Duergar, more Drow, whatever you wanted as thralls.  

8) Golems - Warforged, golems, clockwork type things. perhaps created by gnomes.  (just thinking about the Reaper Clockwork Dragon on their kickstarter its awesome)    

9) Lizardfolk - Perhaps kobolds and lizardmen who worship the a typical red dragon.  

10) Beholder - You do some Gauth and thralls for a beholder army.    

So many set ideas so little time. 

1. Fey (centures and satyrs amoung others)

2. Dragonborn (I don't know about Forgotten Realms dragonborn, but they ought to be honorable)

3. Villagers (with some help from angels; preferably some of the villagers would be unarmed for role playing purposes. Perhaps the villagers could have access to wisdom order cards; the concept being that three level two villagers pray and they can use a wisdom order card that is level 6.  Random vilagers could have extra abilites.  The village mayor could have charisma.  A village mother might have either constitution or strength.  The village beauty might be able tap one or more male humanoids.  The crying girl might be able to summon villagers or angels directly to herself.)

4. Adventurers (this set should focus more on charisma or wisdom and could be made up of a wide array of races)

I mostly know about Eberron so I would prefer that faction packs from there, but since that is not likely I would just recommend that minis be compatible with Eberron.  

And easy theme to do as far as beholder/illithids go would be Aberrations...a Far Realms invasion...it could include a Beholder, Foul Spawn of various types, Gibbering Mouther or Chaos Beasts, Illithid, etc.

A villager/angel set could be interesting, but since they mostly seem to be focusing on re-hashes of old minis with just 1 or two new sculpts it would be tricky since about the only 'villager' minis they already made are the bar brawler, thug, and farmer!

Quite frankly the Cormyr set was mainly adventurers.
Quite frankly the Cormyr set was mainly adventurers.

Yes.  The point is that I want to have more adventurers.  It would make the commander Valnar Trueblade more useful, since he allows his adventurers to tap for an extra move.  I don't nessessarily think that I need a new faction pack with half the figures to be adventurers; I would be happy with at least a few more; but I would prefer a lot more.

I really like my villager idea, however it does seem more silly than serious, while dungeon command isn't meant to be humorous.  The main reason that I want the villagers is so that I can have unarmed miniatures.  It is nice for dnd players to be able to tell the difference between a weaponless bystander, a ruthless villain, and a town guard.
I completely understand the idea behind why people would want a villager set...I have always liked to have bystander minis for set ups (which is why I value my drunks, farmers, and slave figures!).  I just doubt that WOTC would make it as a Dungeon Command set.

More adventurers over all would be nice (there are a few in the other sets, very few though if you wanted to focus on that mechanic...of course there's also the level up power...if only the set came with more than one).
I can see how how a bunch of unarmed villagers don't really fit in with any of the sets so far. After all, how can some untrained and surprised humans stand up to the undead, drow, or goblins.  However, ther contrast between good and evil or vicious and vulnerable would be accute and might just lead to decent sales.  Though even I would tend to think the odds would be against profitability.  
true, we can hope the pre-painted mini market picks up again!
There are around four unarmed miniatures from the Rise of the Runelords set, which came out a few months ago.  They are Lucrecia (pale red headed woman with a cup), Aldern Foxglove (pale black haired main with a small fancy cane), Denizen of Leng (I cannot tell what he is suppose to be be; maybe human of a strange culture), and Harpy (she has nothing in her hands).  I include the harpy because in the world of Eberron monstrous creatures often live in the city and/or are peaceful.

The first pathfinder set had some unarmed miniatures also.  Over all though, I am more impressed with the Dungeon Command miniatures than I am with the Pathfinder miniatures.  However, there are some pathfinder miniatures that stand out.  The Lizardfolk miniature is my favorite.  He is from the first set and his coloration is what makes him best.  The pathfinder miniature in the new set thatI have my eye on is Mokmurian.  I love his sphere of blue fire and his gold clothing.  When I buy him I also plan to get his two henchmen: Stone Giant and Stone Giant Champion.  
I can think of two possibly interesting warbands:

1) Outsiders. Centred around Illithids and their "Pets".

2) Githyanki: A race of Astral pirates that consider raiding encampments (especially Illithid ones) a right of passage.

I also think maybe some "Tiny" creatures would be interesting. For those that don't know D&D rules, tiny creatures can enter an opponent's space and indeed have to in order to attack. That also means they can stop on the same space as an ally. Or maybe some Swarm creatures that takes less damage from direct attacks, but full from AoE.
I definitely would like to see more female creatures. Goblins and Orcs have no females and I believe Cormyr only has one. I would kill for Medusas, Hags, Lamias, or Mariliths.

As for factions: Feywild, definitely. I wouldn't want them to go strictly heroic route with it, though. Just defenders of the Feywild banding together to fight the others (Pixies and Dryads allying with Fomorians and Hags).

I think the "ordinary human villager" set sounds pretty cool and could be taken seriously if the set wasn't just ordinary humans. Like someone said before, angels would go along perfect with them, as one of Magic: The Gathering's most recent expansions proved. I personally want to see a barmaid who kicks some butt.
I think the "ordinary human villager" set sounds pretty cool and could be taken seriously if the set wasn't just ordinary humans. Like someone said before, angels would go along perfect with them, as one of Magic: The Gathering's most recent expansions proved. I personally want to see a barmaid who kicks some butt.

The idea of a group of of villagers killing undead attackers feels so right.  The main question might be:  Can a customer look at a villager faction pack and envision a battle between ourmatched humans and the forces of evil?  The concept ought to have the same sort of appeal as the story of David and Goliath.  Ideally, the game designers would focus on types of villagers that you wouldn't expect to fight (boys, girls, old men, young women, mothers, cripples).  I am not against seeing some conventional village fighters, I would just rather that they were the exception.  The whole point of the set is to portray the vulnerabilty of a village to the attack.   Of coarse the angels are the opposite, since they would be composed of all the high level creatures in the set.  They would explain why the seemingly vulnerable have an equal footing.  Also there ought to be some mechanic that makes the angels and villagers compatible on the field together.  Perhaps some of the humans can use standard actions to pray for the angels to be healed.  Or maybe the angels have charisma order cards that they can use to enhance the villagers.

I like to look at the order cards for ideas on what new faction packs might look like.  For example, Sneak attack has a picture of a dragonborn.  Also Nimble Strike portrays a lizardfolk.  Either faction pack would please me.  I don't have a whole lot reptile miniatures.  Hopefully some of them will be adventurers.
#1 Fey Heroes with fairies, wilden, satyrs, and centaurs

#2 Evil Army, like the Iron Circle from Reavers of Harkenwold

#3 Yuan-ti !!!!

#4 Normal villagers. Not even joking.

I didnt think of it at the time, but Argemon is right

#5 Githyanki.
I'm hoping that if they release another "Good" set like Heart of Cormyr, that the D&D Board Game cross over cards includeds new Players and Spells instead of Allies.
Feywild please.  Please?