Tekhmaj: A New Campaign World...Help Needed!

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
A world filled with cities, guarded by massive walls of enchanted stone.
These cities are run by mega-corporations, the heads of which are basically gods.
These corporations are in a constant market conflict: this is a capitalist-dominated culture, so individualism is much more prominant.
The richer people and higher-class organizations live high in the sky, amongst skyscrapers and floating mansions. Those that are blessed with moderation live in the middling area: not on the ground, but not very high in the air. Those that are poor, but not completely pennyless are those that live at ground level. They live tough lives, forming street-gangs to defend against the mechanical and magical monsters that wander up from the sewers. The pennyless and homeless suffer the worst fates. They are forced to survive in the sewers, amongst monstrous fiends that grew from sludge and magical pollution made from the mega-corporations. Rats the size of horses roam in hordes, and insects that reach up to human knees swarm through murky, rainbow-colored sewer water. Nothing is safe from the nasty effects of this pollution: sentient beings are changed even. They become things known as Mutants, with terrible powers at terrible prices.
That is how things go in the city, sort of.
Now for the wilds.
Outside of the enchanted stone walls is a vast, virgin world, covered in wildlife and magical ruins from times past.
Animals have evolved to be either larger and more brutal, or smaller and deadlier.
Dragons are relatively unchanged, happily. They live for 2,000 years now, and grow faster.
But even they have to struggle for survival.

Now, I do not have a huge amount of details hammered out, but I know that two abberration species will exist (at least 2): The Aboleths and the Mindflayers.
I would like some people to help me make this world into something anybody could use as a DnD session. If anybody is willing to help, please contact me on skype at dogsinaskirt (I will be kenny smith).

Thank you for reading! :D
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

Sounds like you've got enough to run a game with. Some questions to help you flesh it out.

What do the mega-corps do? Its not really like shadowrun where they churn out cars/guns/synthetic stuff. An example of what the megacorps do is employ 10,000 level 1 mages to just continually churn out low level items. 

Mutants, how prevalent is this and is it something you are OK with PCs becoming? How extreme is the mutation?

Does anyone live in the wilds?

I feel like you have to have done this based on your current ideas, but you can get a lot of inspiration for this by reading shadowrun and judge dredd. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"

As soon as I read the word "Mega-Corporations", I instantly thought of Shadowrun.  It sounds like you've taken a great deal of inspiration from that game and are attempting to bring that into D&D.  Me likey!

Seriously - it's a concept that I don't think I've seen completely fleshed out before, other than there being some rather large cities that are run like corporations in different areas, but nothing like what you are suggesting.  I definitely feel that it's worth exploring, but I also have to agree with Krusk in that you should define what products the corporations are pushing out, and how they are doing so.

I like the 10,000 1st level mages cranking out items that are near-mundane, but what else do the corporations do?  You mentioned something about toxic, magical pollution that has caused mutations.  Where does this sludge come from?  My first thought is that it's the by-product of potion-making in an alchemical lab, similar to what happens when refineries produce petroleum or smelting factories produce steel.  There are always impure substances, and those impurities and the slime left-over from manufacturing has to go somewhere.

I'd like to see more on this concept once you've got more fleshed out.  Any chance of posting updates and such?
My first thought was Ravnica, the world-spanning city. My second thought was Shadowrun, with megacorps, arcologies, devil rats (who else remembers those?), and dragons. My third thought was Sharn, the floating city of Eberron. My fourth thought was Zendikar, with magical ruins within otherwise pristine wilderness.
Considering that you managed to combine my two favorite M:tG blocks with my all-time favorite non-D&D RPG and my second-favorite D&D setting... I'm in.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Some thoughts?
psionics
get the psionic books for additional mindflayer powers and for a group of Jedi warriors who help the poor?
megacorp
every mega corp controls something. Entertainment. Food. Energy. Transportation. Security. Housing. Judicial. Weapons. Welfare. Read the rollerball story and watch the 70's film.
games
Rollerball the movie shows a futuristic way for corporations to solve disputes. Rome featured gladiator games and chariot racing. Futurama had giant ape wrestling .
Are the five basic races(human,dwarf,elf,gnome and halfling )equally powerful? Are there powerful undead and do they have legal rights and citizenship?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

@all posters: Sorry for my absence!
I have no idea what Shadowrun is. I just wanted to explore a world filled with technology and magic working in tandem.
If you guys can also just post whatever comes to mind that could work well here, please let me know!
I am lightly basing this from 3.5.

@Krusk: The mega-corps work on a variety of things, depending on the actual corporation, and the tastes of the folk running it.
For example (making a generic named companies for this) Hextech industries and Magitek corporations are both manufacturers of magical/technological weaponry and gear such as gunblades, Robotic jumpsuits, and Tesseract rings.

While Hextech industries is more about the workers making an honest living, with dwarves and gnomes working together in the heat of the factory floor creating quality products for everyday adventurers; Magitek Corporation is all about the high-end clientele and their discerning tastes. Magitek produces items with the equivelant power of an Enchanted greataxe that has burst of all elements, ghost touch, and an additional ability to transform magicarry into a greatsword(AKA a switchaxe, for you MonHun fans out there).

Mutations are acceptable for PCs to become. The mutations vary from race to race. They will usually roll for either a doubling of racial traits, or a reversal. They can also choose to instead choose a physical deviation to add to their physiology. What the deviation does is up to the player and the DM.

As for the wilds? lol probably a few crazed hermits and folk who still think technology should have no business in real life.

@scarecrow: Ah, now THERE is a question that really perked my head up.

I am not entirely sure on that one. Alchemy AND magical item production can cause severe waste to occur. That waste has to be disposed of somehow, yes? Then SEWER TIMMMMME! lolz okay, serious now.
The waste is a combined product made from the wasted magical energies mixed with sludge, metal/material scraps, and biological materials that made their way into the dump.

And yes. I will be updating as things get fleshed out more.
I am only looking to provide a world setting for everybody to use, not just myself. (Still working on my first normal campaign, which is a twisted tower defense in which the tower is a pseudonatural divinity. Freaky, yeah?)

Thank you Draco! I am glad you enjoyed this idea!
Please contribute ideas as they strike!

@taradusis: Well, psionics also contribute their powers in this society. Some machines are powered by psionic waves, while others are guided by them. Half of the machines are attuned to react to both magic AND psionic talent.

The corporation thingy sounds exactly like Capitalism. Find a nitche, make your place in it, and defend it. It is a logical thing to think that there are companies dedicated to various aspects of sentient existence.

As for games...Ever heard of the 3.5 class known as the Factotum?
They are basically professional dungeoneers. Jacks of all Trades.
How does major league dungeoneering sound?

And finally, racism. Wink

The races are all equal in their own rights. Each of them has the opportunity to rise to the heights of fame, fortune, and semi-godhood.
They also have the chance to fall to their own ruin.
Lich life is usually frowned upon, since it gives unfair advantages, and folks are still wary of the undead. But Lichdom is still legal and possible.
Regular undead have rights, depending on the actual cognizant abilities. If they can communicate, it's all k.

Now, Savage Species has a lot of races you can play from first level. Savage species also has Half ogre,thri-keen ,loxodont and desmodu. But what I find most interesting about Savage Species is the Templates that alter races, Insectile,Reptillian and Winged being the best. Savage Species Has Anthropomorphic races which are basically Something like a donkey being modified into a more humanoid form. They do about 2 dozen races and give you the rules they followed so you can try your hand. I magine a world like E. Cordwainer Smiths Norstrilla where only 1 % of the population is 100% human and hpw many rights the animal had were based on how much human DNA they possessed. Awakened Animals could also be made using the Awaken spell.this might make for an overly complex world though.

Show
Now, Savage Species has a lot of races you can play from first level. Savage species also has Half ogre,thri-keen ,loxodont and desmodu. But what I find most interesting about Savage Species is the Templates that alter races, Insectile,Reptillian and Winged being the best. Savage Species Has Anthropomorphic races which are basically Something like a donkey being modified into a more humanoid form. They do about 2 dozen races and give you the rules they followed so you can try your hand. I magine a world like E. Cordwainer Smiths Norstrilla where only 1 % of the population is 100% human and hpw many rights the animal had were based on how much human DNA they possessed. Awakened Animals could also be made using the Awaken spell.this might make for an overly complex world though.

Well, the demi-humans and awakened animals would certainly have fewer rights.
They would be viewed as lesser beings by most all other sentient races, except perhaps Gnomes, Elves, and the Half-Elven. Druids are a completely different story, since they basically worship nature.

As I did say in the previous post, all races are given enough rope to either climb the mountain of success or hang themselves on the tree of shame.
Meaning that animals and other savage species, as long as they are willing to play by societal rules and get some good learning, then they are accepted.
If not, then they are rejected and/or get terrible or no jobs.

Some thoughts on a graft corporation.
NUYU
In the Logans Run movie there was a corporation molded peoples bodies and faces into a hew look. Sort of a complete head to toe cosmetic surgery. The movie featured Farrah Fawcet as the stylist,this was when she was a complete unknown and she was picked on looks.
 A corporation that does grafting could do Aboleth , Beholder , illithid , Demonic , Golemic , Undead and Yuan-ti grafts. I beleive most of these are found in the Book of Vile Deeds. Grafting could be used to create corporate agents and Gladiatiors for the arena. The Six Million Dollar Man was a government agent. How tough would a Six Million Gold Peice Man be? 6,000,000 dollars is roughly 300,000 GP so that might be a more reasonable number to work with?

Some thoughts on a graft corporation.
NUYU
In the Logans Run movie there was a corporation molded peoples bodies and faces into a hew look. Sort of a complete head to toe cosmetic surgery. The movie featured Farrah Fawcet as the stylist,this was when she was a complete unknown and she was picked on looks.
 A corporation that does grafting could do Aboleth , Beholder , illithid , Demonic , Golemic , Undead and Yuan-ti grafts. I beleive most of these are found in the Book of Vile Deeds. Grafting could be used to create corporate agents and Gladiatiors for the arena. The Six Million Dollar Man was a government agent. How tough would a Six Million Gold Peice Man be? 6,000,000 dollars is roughly 300,000 GP so that might be a more reasonable number to work with?

As I said, logically there would probably be a corporation for just about everything...including blue magic ;)

Bump.

Now,how about a Megacorp devoted to inormation brokerage?
The Scriptorium
I usually call this the Scriptorium. Now, most Mage guilds require you to pay fees,the Scriptorium charges you per service. Now instead of you copying spells from a book owned by a fellow mage,the Scriptorium maintains a Scroll Library. They try to have 2 copies of every 1st and 2nd level spell , each maintained in a solid steel scrollcase. This alllows multiple mages to copy at the same time and only one spell is at risk instead of a whole book. The Scriptorium charges half price for spell copying and pays double for new spells brought in. The scriptorium may have higher level spells,but they focus on low level spells because 95% of all mages never get to cast higher level spells.
post office
The megacrop will write your message and deliver it at a cost of 1 Sp per mile. Will also find some one to read a letter no matter what obscure langauge it's written in.
writing supplies
The Megacorp makes a wide variety of inks and papers. Owns a machine that you can load wood scraps in and it makes a ton of high quality paper.
The Library
The megacorp possesses books on how to make hundreds of magical items,wiill make copies rather than allow reading. The megacorp has a library of about 1 million gp value,does not allow reading, will only make copies. The Library will pay well for books it doesn't possess
Sages
While most sages need to be sought out The Info megacorp probably has several on staff. these Sages do get to use the Million GP library mentioned above.

What info are you still looking for?

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

Nice tardusis. I like that one. Definitely a keeper.

@Krusk: I am kind of looking for everything here.
The cultures, the people, the corporations, the entire world.

I've been thinking about Amazons lately.
References
Wiikipedia has a nice article. The Slayers Guide to Amazons by mogoose publishing is available in print and on kindle. Check them out!
Now a traditional amazon society is ok. But what about one based off an Amazon drug or Amazon plant? There have been science articles that suggest that a womans egg could be tricked into dividing without a squirt of male dna. This would tend to produce a male or female duplicate of the mother. Suppose you could produce a female only? This means that women could produce a little version of themselves with a chance to raise their child better than they themselves were raised(ha,fat chance). This means you could have all sorts of Amazon cultures. Background Radiation would produce a slight amount of Genetic Drift. Suppose Orc females got tired of all the wars orc males get into and formed an amazon culture based off being productive citizens?  Suppose a supermodel had all her eggs removed, given an amazon treatment,implanted in host mothers and raised by nannies? A fashion dynasty?

You might get better results if you ask for help on some specific areas you yourself have started. "I was help fleshing out some megacorps that could exist" vs "I want help fleshing out an idea for a megacorp based off the skeleton computer concept". 

"How would you think [race] exists in this setting"
"I think I want a race that lives in the sewers and is super smart, can you think of one"

Sort of questions.  

THE TALOSIAN DEFENCE FORCE. Now walls are a static defence , Troy fell to the Greeks, China has had barbarian tribes threaten or bribe their way in,the french Maginot line was marched around by the Germans. Therfore I think I would use maxed out Stone or Iron golems as a defence. The Titan Talos was featured in Harryhausen's Jason And The Argonauts. Toeei who brought us Godzilla also brought us the Giant Magin movies. Each golem has a small nearby house where a family keeps watch and knows the command word for the golem. When the city is taken over by a new supreme leader he's taught all the command words and can order the golems to assume his likeness if he wishes. Suppose a young boy betrays his family trust and teaches a young girl the command word,if she takes off riding on the golems head the party could be hired to chase her?

AQUALENTIA , THE FOUNTAIN OF PARADISE. This city is complex and may require 2 or more posts.
THE GREAT LAKE
Our great lakes here in the US may have been formed by meteor strikes. Aqualentia was formed when a meteorite made of wondrous material struck. This wondrous material could be gold,silver,mithral,adamantium,Illearth or just about anything worth mining. Aqualentia is the size of a Great Lake and circular.
THE TWELVE TOWNS
the city walls of Aqualentia encompass the entire lake with grated openings for streams and rivers. The walls take in some shoreline and its about a 100 mile wide border of land around the lake. This leaves enough room for 12 small towns each located like the numerals of a clockface around the circular lake.  Each town worships a different water based Deity(Poseidon,Triton,Isis,Oceanus and Etc). These towns grow alot of crops .
KRABULONS
A tauric template of kobolds and medium crabs. Able to Function on land or underwater. Medium sized creature. Use tridents , sais and light spearguns that are modified light crossbows. Raise beds of Clams,oysters and mussels. Have pens of crabs and crayfish. Will hatch fish eggs in protected containers. Two shifts work near the shore during the day and a third shift goes onto dryland at night to trade with the 12 towns. Convert them into 2nd or 3rd lev sorcerers.
AIRY WATER GENERATOR
In order to make life more liveable the TU-OCHA (Q.V.) created a bronze bulb shaped generator that would convert all the water in the great lake to Airy Water just like the spell of the same name. This means that an ordinary human could walk into the lake and still breathe and cook and live a relatively normal life,except he could swim in 3 dimensions,of course. The AW generator shoots a column of water to the surface of the lake and 1000 feet into the air. this water slides down and it forms a sort of vlcano made from water. The water "volcano" is 1000 fett above the lake and 20,000 feet wide. You can ride up the column,use water skis or a kayak to slide down the volcano side,and with a 10 to 1 ratio pick up a good amount of speed,like shooting a rapid?
THE TU-OCHA
A modified type of human. Get a plus 2 on all attributes. Have leathery brown skin, +2 to AC. Able to walk at 30 and swim at 50'. Amphibous ,with gills and functional lungs. Darkvision out to 90. TU-OCHA have jealous genes,when they breed with anything the Child is always a TU-OCHA,Yuanti and TU-OCHA interbreeding is always fatal for the mother. TU-OCHA are hairless. TU-OCHA are born with Craft/Engineer+1 and Craft/Alchemist+1.
THE FISH CALENDER
There are 800 types of fish in this lake. They are carefully bred and were created by the TU-OCHA to serve as food. The TU-OCHA eat a different fish every day and over a 800 day period,so as to prevent over-fishing.
The Tu-ocha spend a lot of time mining the meteorite and fishing.

Taradusis, how much LA do you plan to give the TU-OCHA? A +2 bonus to every attribute, racial skills, AC bonus, 90' dark vision and a Swim speed?! That's got to be at least LA +3, if not more.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Just tossing out a concept for this Dm to consider. He'll probably go for a hodge-podge of air breathers in an effort to have a little bit of everything under the sun,is my quess.

Well, I am most certainly impressed with the ideas taradusis.

I will update the OP with ideas from you and other sources soon, just not tonight since my head is screaming and my nose smells mould for no reason at all. (It is really clean in my house right now!)

AQUALENTIA CONT'D. The airy water generator sucks in water and mgically empowers it before shooting it upwards. I think the water should be enspelled for a month. I also feel each of the 12 towns should have a different race. Lizardfolk would do well in this lake. Without having to hold their breathes the lizardfolk become better swimmers. lizardfolk get a minus to Int,should this disappear in an urban setting? Just some afterthoughts.

Does this world have a moon? If there's one moon does every luna deity share the moon and have an avatar and a castle? Suppose each moon deity gets their own moon? Does creating a new moon deity create a new moon? Do lycanthropes who touch the moon get super powers? Is there a moonbow bridge that stretches to the ground allowing travel to the moon? Could you have a bilocated city,Half is on the moon,half is on the planet,connected by a Gate? Are some moons made of something besides earth,perhaps a water moon,like a giant aquarium?

LYONS , CITY OF LIONS. In midevil times puns were considered the highest form of humor and a lot of wordplay was used in the city of Lyons about how it was a city of lions.
AMRATI
These are anthropomorhic lion men taken from Savage Species. They are modified to be jet black with red eyes. Worship Amra,a chaotic deity who looks like a lion made from obsidian. 2-4 females for every male?
Alven Wemics
The Alven Wemics are basically a Tauric race that combines elf and lion. Live for seven hundred years and never sleep. Favored class is sorceror. Rare and seclusive,act as advisors to other leonines.
Werelions
2 ed D+D had a type of Werelion that made you L/G. These are humans and dwarves who inherit the werelion blessing. Aslan the L/G deity from the Lion,Witch and the Wardrobe is their deity and created the werelion blessing. Temples to aslan occasionally feature an Amber Golem shaped like an lion.
Awakened lions
The Awaken spell has created a race of talking lions. Not like the Cowardly Lion of Oz fame but quite fierce. Ocasionally serve as mounts like Battlecat does for He-man. Some also pull chariots for powerful warriors.
Lammasus and sphinxes also live in this town. City has large numbers of golems shaped like lions.
Beer Fountains
There are now six of these fountains but the first one was created by a mage currying favor with the people. Each fountain is worth about 3 million GP and magically generates a never-ending supply of beer. Each fountain is surrounded by a wooden bar . Teenage girls usually refill mugs for patrons and have a small tip jar. Most people in Lyons own a 1 gallon beer jug made from clay,some are works of art. A barmaid will fill 2 jugs at a time,customers wait in line. Each fountain is in a plaza where colored squares are painted on the ground. These squares are rented out to concessions that make stuff like sausages,pretzels,baked potatoes,meat on a stick,fried eggs ,noodles,etc. There are also trestle tables with wooden benches for people to sit at. The Free Beer garden/fountains tend to be the social center for the middle class. Bouncers are hired to keep order as well.

MONKEYVILLE, the city that walks. Imagine a city with a strong druids council. These druids use awaken to give intelligence to oak trees. The awakened oaks number in the hundreds and carry the city around in their branches. The city is built in a bowl and the bowl is planted with non-awakened fruit trees.
MONKEYMEN
Use the anthropomorphic monkey men from Savage Species. Their preferred class is druid and half of all monkeymen are druids. They also produce a lot of experts that are good at working in orchards. Monkeymen have a prehensile tail and climb well. Account for 90% of population in monkeyville? A matriarchial society.
Hadozee
Look like gibbons with Patagia or skin flaps that allow them to glide like a flying squirrel. Found in the supplement Stormwrack or at spelljammer.org. About 2000 should live in monkeyville.
forarmskies
A race of Small sized humans with four arms. Use four clubs or slings in combat. Very poor and willing to work for food. 2000 or so in Monkeyville.
City walks from city to city seeking work. Moves at 1 mile per hour.
sewage
There are two types of civilizations. Those who move away from their crap and those who move their crap away from them. The city bowl has a sewer system and the Monkeymen prefer to move a little bit each day just to get away from their dung.
The Monkeymen create orchards wherever they go. Pears,cherry,apple,orange,lime,peach,and lemon are the preferred fruits.

Some disjointed thoughts on elven civilization.
Reproduction
Do elves come up with magic items that allow them to breed quicker and easier? Some sort of magical baby blanket? On some worlds elves are actually in decline. Something that allows elves to double their population every 20 years would allow elves to be more viable as a species.
Nanny races
If the elves start to have a lot of children they will need some sort of Nannies. If an elf has a child once every 20 years each should have a Nanny. An elvish female could not raise 2 dozen children herself.
magery
The Dmg has rules for creating cities and towns. Elvish cities probably dont have Commoners, Should they be replaced with Wizards? If you do then many wizards must put 4 ranks into to a Craft Or Profession that they can do as a day job. These citiers must produce cheap paper by the ton. Should there be a multiclass for every profession, for every fighter there's a Fighter/Wizard?
Major items
A town with a lot of wizards can create items that duplicate our science based items. A 500 year old wizards might create a fleet of magic buses, each bus is driven by a low level mage and is based off a permanent and modified version of Animate Objects. Do Gates and Teleport Circles become common? How does magic effect buildings,are some buildings bigger on the inside than the outside?
How many wishes can a city of 20,000 elves generate? If you figure 1 per wizard of 15+ levels it could be easy to calculate. Do elves use wishes to create elvish subspecies,perhaps winged elves or a subspecies that can survive sub zero weather?

ELVES AND PEGASI. When Gary Gygax was"borrowing" from Tolkien he created a race of elves for D+D that rode giant eagles. The problem with a giant eagle is that as 500 lb aerial carnivores they probably require 2X the meat that a tiger does. This hardly fits in with the "green" tendacies of the Elves. Giant eagles are also non-speaking and elves love to talk to everything they meet. Now pegasi are herbivores, and by making a few clearings for them to graze it would easy to have 1 pegasi for every elf in the tribe.  Pegasi also produce 20-30 lbs of dung a day. Some dung could be used to grow edible mushrooms. Some dung could be dried and used as fuel,the elves would prefer this to digging up coal or cutting down trees for firewood. Hair gathered while grooming pegasi could be turned into a soft felt,since its white it wouldn't need bleaching before dying. I feel that pegasi should have their ability to speak restored and that they should speak sylvan rather than pegasi like they did in 2 ED.

WALL OF KNOWLEDGE. Now suppose a city wanted to be a center of magical knowledge? A Magocracy doesn't always have to limit magical knowledge. In addition to the Scriptorium mentioned earlier suppose the city also did other things to spread magical knowledge? A first level spell doesn't have to be written in a book. According to Complete Arcane a first level spell can be painted or carved onto a 10X10 foot section of wall. So a town builds a 200 foot long wall and on both sides records 20 first level spells,this allows two people to copy spells at the same time. If the city allows free copying this increases the number of first level spells known , and 90% of all mages are of 1st-3rd level. Acity that does this might cut into the Scriptorium's business. Perhaps the city does 10 spells of 2nd level while the Scritorium does the high volume 1st level spells. suppose the city created magical "Dice"? A sixth level spell could be recorded on a cube with 10 X 10 faces , In order to attract higher level casters to the city this could be a freebie as well?

Put some Bi-frosting on mine. Imagine if there was a city that existed on two opposing faces of the Grand Canyon? If the cities were linked by a magical bridge a road could run thru the cities and over the bridge which would be a tourist attraction. In greek mythology Iris is the goddess of rainbows. In Norse mythology Heimdall is the god who guards the Bifrost bridge which is a rainbow. Suppose that Iris creates the rainbow bridge and Heimdall's followers guard it? This gives you a clergy that worships the husband and wife team of Heimdall/Iris? The bridge should consist of strips of  red, orange , yellow, green, blue and purple. Each strip could be 100 feet wide,giving you enough room for parades.