Reverberate

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
What happens when an opponent uses Reverberate to copy Temporal Mastery after I cast it? Would there be different outcomes if I played it as a miracle or during one of my 2 main phases?
His copy would resolve first, then yours. You'd take the next turn, and he'd take the one after that.

Miracle has nothing to do with Temporal Mastery's or Reverberate's functionality (other than making TM cheaper). 

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

What happens when an opponent uses Reverberate to copy Temporal Mastery after I cast it?

You'll take your extra turn first, then your opponent will take his extra turn, and then the normal turn order will resume where it left off.

Would there be different outcomes if I played it as a miracle or during one of my 2 main phases?

No, there's no difference.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

If Reverberate wase cast by a player on a Mark of Mutiny he casted, then targeted the same creature that he gained control of with the copy would that result in a permanent take over resulting with the original returning the creature back to me and then the copy returning it back to him at the end of the turn?
first the copy resolves, giving that player control of the creature, then the original resolves giving that player control of the creature
since in this case it is the same player all it does is add another +1/+1 counter on it

at end of turn both control change effects end and the previous controller gets the creature back
proud member of the 2011 community team
When Reverberate copies Increasing Confusion cast from the graveyard, is the copy considered fasbacked as well?
no, the copy is not cast at all, much less from a graveyard
I'm just curious: Why would the Player 2 (the non-active player) not get the next turn, since his copy of Temporal Mastery resolved first? At first glance I would have assumed that Reverberating Player 1's TM would effectively restore the flow of turns to normal by inserting a new turn for Player 2 in between Player 1's current and "bonus" turns.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
BECAUSE it resolves first
his extra turn is then pushed back by the extra turn created by the original temporal mastery
I'm just curious: Why would the Player 2 (the non-active player) not get the next turn, since his copy of Temporal Mastery resolved first? At first glance I would have assumed that Reverberating Player 1's TM would effectively restore the flow of turns to normal by inserting a new turn for Player 2 in between Player 1's current and "bonus" turns.

Precisely because it resolved first.

First player 2 creates their extra turn, so the schedule goes like this:

1 (ongoing)
2 (newly created)
2 (normal)

Then 1 creates a new turn after the current one (all such effects are currently worded to make it clear that this is what they do), so the sequence is:

1 (ongoing)
1 (newly created)
2 (recently created)
2 (normal)

There's also this rule, which says the same thing, but at the moment I think it's redundant because it also follows from the "after this one" wording of most if not all relevant cards:

500.7. Some effects can give a player extra turns. They do this by adding the turns directly after the current turn. If a player gets multiple extra turns or if multiple players get extra turns during a single turn, the extra turns are added one at a time. The most recently created turn will be taken first.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Gotcha, sorry. I don't know why my brain couldn't untangle that. Thank you.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
I just came up with a scenario, so my opponent has a Guttersnipe on the field and he plays a Reverberate copyiying a second Reverberate bouncing the copies back and forth. Dose each copy trigger Guttersnipe ability each time?
I just came up with a scenario, so my opponent has a Guttersnipe on the field and he plays a Reverberate copying a second Reverberate bouncing the copies back and forth. Dose each copy trigger Guttersnipe ability each time?

You only put the slash on the second tag, not the first one.

Answering after I read your question (I just fixed the tags).

No. Copying spells is not the same as casting spells. You only cast a spell if something tells you to "cast" it (like Isochron Scepter), or by casting it normally (usually from your hand). 

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.