Dungeon Command Gallery: Curse of Undeath

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon Command 
Gallery: Curse of Undeath
By D&D Team

The next faction pack for Dungeon Command releases on November 20th -- and to help preview the set, here are the minis included in Curse of Undeath. Check back as new minis are revealed, and click the name below to view their corresponding Creature Card. 

Talk about this preview here.

The next faction pack for Dungeon Command releases on November 20th -- and to help preview the set, here are the minis included in Curse of Undeath. Check back as new minis are revealed, and click the name below to view their corresponding Creature Card.

You tease, you.

I recognize the silouhets of the Ghoul and the Howling Hag from the D&D Adventure Boxed sets, but the rest look new to me.
#1- Not sure. Looks like the Skeleton from Lords of Madness, but the sword has been changed to an ax.

#2 Cursed spririt from Archfiends

#3  vampire guildmaster from Savage Encounters

#4 Can't identify Spawn of Kyuss - New Sculpt

#5 Gravehound from Archfiends

#6 terror wight from War Drums. ALSO the zombie in Castle Ravenloft

#7 Skeletal Tomb Guardian - Dungeons of Dread

#8 Can't identify. Lich Necromancer -  New sculpt

#9 The new sculpt Skeletal Corser from Night Below. 

#10 Fettered Dracolich
#1- Not sure. Looks like the Skeleton from Lords of Madness, but the sword has been changed to an ax.

#2 Cursed spririt from Archfiends

#3  vampire guildmaster from Savage Encounters

#4 Can't identify

#5 Gravehound from Archfiends

#6 terror wight from War Drums. ALSO the zombie in Castle Ravenloft

#7 Skeletal Tomb Guardian - Dungeons of Dread

#8 Can't identify.

#9 The new sculpt

#10 Fettered Dracolich

#1 is a slightly modified skeleton warrior.
#4 is a new model for the Disciple of Kyuss.
#8 is a new model for the Lich Necromancer.

They list these models plus a few cards in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW9emLPjJq8    
::Fingers crossed for evil WIS::
I'm also hoping for Evil WIS, but I think I heard through the grapevine that Orcs were WIS (shaman) while the Undeath pack was CHA based again.
Nothing attracts me quite like a pack of zombies... and ignores the whole "clerics raise the undead, and clerics and WIS"
I remember the Lords of Madness preview articles talking about how the minis were designed with a CAD program, allowing them to easly redesign the minis. I wonder if the skeleton is the only altered mini we will ever see.
The preview for curse of undeath is linked at the top.  Here are the names and statistics for the eight cards that are revealed there.  Sadly, no order cards have been posted yet.

1. Disciple of Kyuss: Level 4. Evil, Beast, Humanoid, Undead. 70 hit points. Intelligence, Charisma. Ranged 20 (10), Melee 10. Speed 6. Team Silver.
Special Ability:  Each enemy creature takes 10 Damage whenever it ends its activatoin adjacent to this creature.

3. Gravehound: Level 2. Beast, Undead, Zombie. 70 hit points. Dexterity, Constitution. Melee attack 10. Speed 8. Team Gold.
No Special Ability.

4.  Hypnotic spirit:  Level 3. Undead, Spirit. 40 hit points. Charisma.  Melee attack 20. Speed 6. Team Silver.
Special Abilities:   Phasing (This creature shifts and ignores walls while moving.  It cannot end its movement in a wall space.) Insubstantial -Take an immediate action to prevent all damage to this creature from 1 source.

5. Lich Necromancer: Level 5. Evil, Humanoid, Undead. 80 hit points. Intelligence, Charisma. Ranged attack 30 (5), melee attack 20. Speed 6. Team Gold.
Special Ability: When deploying any Undead creaature, you can place it in any unoccupied square adjacent to this creature.

6. Skeletal Lancer: Level 4. Beast, Humanoid, Undead, Skeleton. 100 hit points. Constitution. Melee attack 20. speed 8. Team Gold.
Special Ability: Rider -When this creature is destroyed, you can immediately deploy 1 skeleton creature of Level 3 or lower in any square it occupied. 

8. Vampire Stalker: Level 4. Evil, Humanoid, Undead, Vampire. 80 hit points. Dexterity, Constitution, and Charisma. Melee attack 30. Speed 6. Team Gold.
Special Ability:  Life Drain -Whenever a target takes damage from this creature's melee attack, this creature heals 10 damage.

9. Warrior Skleton: Level 2. Humanoid, Undead, Skeleton. 50 hit points. Constitution. Melee attack 20. Speed 6. Team Silver.
No Special Ability. 

11. Zombie: Level 1. Humanoid, Undead, Zombie. 40 hit points. Constitution. Melee attack 10. Speed 4. Team Silver.
Special Ability: During your deploy phase, you can play 1 moral to deploy this creature from your graveyard. 
My favorite characters (out of the ten already revealed) are the Vampire Stalker and the Hypnotic Spirit.  The vampire stalker does 30 damage at the same time that he heals 10.  Concidering that he is level 4 this is a very good ratio.  And using some constitution order cards from the goblins he can either prevent 10 damage to every attack agaisnt him or do 10 extra melee damage.  He could also use the dexterity order cards from the drow deck that allow the character to make an extra melee attack in a turn.  And given that four of the eight revealed undead have charisma, it seems likely that we will have some new charisma order cards.  The designers of the game claim that this faction pack comes with intelligence, charisma, and constitution cards. 

The Hypnotic Spirit is a lot more specific in what she can do.  Her two special abilites are both powerful.  However, she only has access to charisma order cards, which limits her.  And given that there will probably be less than ten new charisma order cards, she is a little challenging to build a deck around.  Her greatest redeming value though is that she can prevent all damage from once source without using an order card.  And strength or intelligence order cards can both be used by nearby characters to defend her.  And the ability to move though walls allows for a lot of great ambushing or escaping posibilities. 
88% of the information on the gallery for the Curse of Undeath has been removed.  And here I thought we were getting closer to revealing the order cards.   I really want to see the order cards before I pre-order the game.
88% of the information on the gallery for the Curse of Undeath has been removed.  And here I thought we were getting closer to revealing the order cards.   I really want to see the order cards before I pre-order the game.

I don't even need the Order cards to know I want it.  The minis are great, and the creatures have a lot of potential in other decks.  I don't see why not.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
The creature cards are very good.  And the minis are totally worth having also. However I would rather get one of the three previous sets, rather than risk gaining a poor assortment of order cards.  The reason is because I have plenty of great minis.  And order cards are just as important for the game as creature cards.  My huge probem would be deciding which of the previous sets to buy.  I want them all.  How can I choose.  I would just have to buy them all a second time.  But no!  I will save money!

This is a good time to note that curse of undeath Gallery is up and running again. 
Just do what I do. Buy one set a month.
Now Gallery: Curse of Undeath is showing only 12% of the information that it was showing before.  I suppose that the site is switching back and forth between hiding information and showing information.   My plan is to buy one of each game that appeals to me.  So far all the games have appealed to me a lot.  They all seem to be somewhat balanced.  However, I think that sooner or later we need some sets that have a lot of high level order cards.  Otherwise, I think the high level characters are a little underpowered.   

Another thought I have about stategy is that the game will develop a great deal as new sets arrive.  Currently, the ranged characters are the best, partly because they have so many dexterity order cards to choose from.   But as more order cards come out featuring new abilities, I believe that the game will seem more balanced.   Hopefully, this game is profitable enough that we don't end up with a half built game.  That makes me realize that the commenter above me has a good idea.  If we all regularly buy games then wizards will be more likely to finish making Dungeon Command so that it achieves more balance.
The preview for curse of undeath is linked at the top.  Here are the names and statistics for the eight cards that are revealed there.  Sadly, no order cards have been posted yet. 

The newest card to be posted:
Skeletal Tomb Guardian. Level 3. Humanoid, Undead, Skeleton. 60 hit points. Constitution. Melee attack 20. Speed 6. Team Silver.
Special Ability:  Whenever this creature makes a melee attack, it deals 20 damage to each other enemy creature adjacent to this creature.

This might be the most effective creature in the set.  It seems to have the most potential for doing damage.  And if you can get him to make an extra melee attack during his turn, he can use his special ability another time.   Also, if you can move your opponents next to him, you can fully utilize his special ability. 

Magic sword is in Curse of Undeath.

Attaches (L1 Any, I believe) and makes creature's damage unpreventable.

Was already thinking I couldn't wait to get my hands on a couple of those for my overcharged bugbear berserkers (using all 3 different shift & attack dex orders, and may even throw cleave back in there).

Now I've seen the tomb guardian though I have a quandry...weenie decks beware...
I listened to the dnd pod cast that was posted around November 5th, 2012. It had some information on the curse of undeath faction pack.   My complaint is that only two of the order cards were discussed in detail.   Fortunately, one of the creators of the game gives a basic run down on the general purpose of the order cards collectively.  What the cards generally do is allow the undead horde to move forward, while the spell casters do ranged damage.  This works out well, since most of the undead are cheap damage absorbers, while the expensive spell casters are too soft to place on the front lines.  

Here is the brief explaination of the two order cards mentioned. Call to Battle is a charisma card that enables you to immediately deploy new creatures as a standard action.  The Spaun of Kias order card is attached to one undead creature and it enables him to do some damage to enemies nearby at the start of his turn.

The commander cards were also revealed.  One of them allows one type of creature, for instance undead or adventurers, to avoid taking 20 damage by expending one moral and by tapping.  The other commander card starts with weak basic statistics, but for each opponent killed his leadship goes up by one.

The creator of the game said that the goblin and undead faction packs combine well since they both have a lot of charisma and constitution cards.  He also said that with all of the intelligence based order cards in this new faction that he is looking forward to recreating his intelligence based custom set.
The final "mini" of the Curse of Undeath faction pack has been revealed:

Dracolich. Level 6. Evil, Dragon, Undead. 110 hit points. Intelligence, Charisma. Ranged 20 (5), Melee 30.  Speed 6. Team Silver.
Special Abilities:  Flying.  Lightning Breeath- As a standard action, make up to 3 ranged attacks. Each attack must target a different enemy creature.  
Now that we have all the statistics on all of the undead creatures we can start talking about what how these creatures can be integrated with other sets.  

The Dracolich,  the Disciple of Kyuss, and the Lich Necromancer all only have access to order cards with intelligence and charisma.  This makes them seem fairly compatible with the Hobgoblin Sorcerer.  

The Warrior Skeleton, the Zombie, the Skeletal Tomb Guardian, and the Skeletal Lancer all only have access to constitution order cards.  These seem easy fits for the Hobgoblin Soldiers.

The Hypnotic Spirit is the first creature from any pack to only have access to charisma order cards.  The Gravehound is the only to have access to just dexterity and constitution.  And the Vampire Stalker is the only to have access to just charisma, dexterity, and constituion. 

The end result is that each of these creatures add a great deal to the options we have in making new sets.  Making a custom war band based on either intelligence, charisma, or constitution has just become much more viable.  Based on what the creators have said about the game, I expect that this will become more true once we see the order cards.  
I have bought a box and I was very surprised how much better all the miniatures where than their pictures would indicate.  The effect of the Lich Necromancer floating on a transparent blue cloud is actually a compelling image.  In pictures, however, I couldn't even understand the concept of the Lich.  My favorite of the set are the Skeletal Tomb Guardian and the Skeletal Lancer.  The best thing about the Guardian is how well he is painted. His bones seem so real.  The Lancer is amazing because of his sculpt. His skeletal horse must have been molded separately from him because his legs are clearly separated from his mount. 

All of these miniatures are very well done.  And they are consistently scary.  I am also impressed with the order cards.  They all have great pictures and they will all be interesting to work with in a game.

Someone should also mention the commander cards:
Delthrin Everet 

Bloodthirsty
Gain 1 Leadership for each enemy creature destroyed during your turn.
Creature Hand: 3
Starting Order Hand: 3
Morale: 12
Leadership: 6

Morgana Valistova
Unstoppable Hordes
All Undead creatures you control gain the following power.
Tap: Lose 1 moral. Prevent 20 Damage to this creature from 1 source.
Creature Hand: 3
Starting Order Hand: 5
Morale: 14
Leadership: 7 
Cannot wait to open my packs It is interesting that both Commanders just have a creature hand of 3. I guess this is the balance if you play with the original box against the older sets. The randomization will effect the games dramatically.
Sign In to post comments