Copying Kicked

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I cast a kicked [C]Rite of Replication[/C] and copy the spell with something like [C]Dual Casting[/C], [C]Increasing Vengeance[/C] or [C]Riku of Two Reflections[/C], is the copy the kicked or the unkicked version of the spell?
the copy will be kicked as well
proud member of the 2011 community team
Yes, it copies all choices made when casting the original spell.  This includes modes, targets (though most copy spells allow you to choose new targets), and any additional costs (like kicker).

DCI Level 2 Judge

Rockford, Illinois

what it does NOT copy is what mana you spent on the original spell
so a copied Firespout will do absolutely nothing (not even increase storm count)
Thanks. Now part 2:

So I copied a kicked [C]Rite of Replication[/C], and used it to copy an opponent's [C]Sun Titan[/C] 5 times. Each Titan token can potentially return one permanent with CMC or less from my yard to the field, but if I understand it correctly, all 5 tokens enter the battlefield at once when the Rite resolves, the the 5 ETB abilities go on the stack and resolve one at a time. So I cannot, for example, return a [C]Champion of Lambholt[/C] to the battlefield with the first Titan ETB ability, and then get a +1/+1 counter on the Champion for the other four Titans, because they've already entered the field. Is that correct? 
Thanks. Now part 2:

So I copied a kicked [C]Rite of Replication[/C], and used it to copy an opponent's [C]Sun Titan[/C] 5 times. Each Titan token can potentially return one permanent with CMC or less from my yard to the field, but if I understand it correctly, all 5 tokens enter the battlefield at once when the Rite resolves, the the 5 ETB abilities go on the stack and resolve one at a time. So I cannot, for example, return a [C]Champion of Lambholt[/C] to the battlefield with the first Titan ETB ability, and then get a +1/+1 counter on the Champion for the other four Titans, because they've already entered the field. Is that correct? 

Correct. The five Titans already entered the Field. But the four other creatures will feed Lambholt.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.                        -Albert Einstein

So, you keep on voting, and you keep expecting different results from those elections?

How long have you tried this, over and over?

Ain't it time you reached a different conclusion about this whole mascarade?

that is correct
however the Champion will get counters for the other 4 creatures, if you got that many in the yard
Sign In to post comments