Xbox 2HG tourny?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone intrested in having another 2HG tournament go on for xbox? I'm willing to host it if we get enough people wanting to do it.
Yes I would, I was going to run one after the other xbox tourney but if someone else was willing to run one I would play. Do you know what the format would be?
Yes I would, I was going to run one after the other xbox tourney but if someone else was willing to run one I would play. Do you know what the format would be?

Well I have never ran one myself so if you're more experienced then more power to you. I'm undecided on what format I want to run. 
I'm down for some 2HG.
id be interested just messege me or send freind request if want to contact me. thankx
The main question I think is whether you want this to be a test of adaptability, or deck building.

If it's adaptability, then you allow deck changes between rounds. If deck building, then you must keep your combo throughout the tourney (although you can change the build between rounds, as it'd be impossible to police that)

I personally think keeping the same decks is better. Not everyone has all the decks unlocked, and you open yourself to counterpicking otherwise, with the people who have unlocked everything having an advantage.

Or maybe a combination of both?  Limit it down to 1 to 3 decks that you can bring into the tournament.  Your opponent can the try to guess at which ones you'll be using.  I can't think of a reason why this idea wouldn't work.  I agree with Stevo about not allowing all decks to be used from round to round.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
the last tourny i was in was best of 2 out of 3 and you had to pick 3 decks then you played with one. I didnt like  the fact that when 1 game was done you could not change decks  
I think being able to change decks out of a selection of 3 is a good idea but I also like the deck selection being reduced to 3.  This helps to prevent counter decking and puts more focus on the builds of the deck like Stevo said.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
How about you pick 5 decks per team and either player can use any of those 5 decks?
I understand about builds but if you are playing  2 out of three  you should be able to play with a different deck the second game.   I dont see the point in not allowing the players to swicth decks .Also to post your decks  that you are using gives ur op a chance to build around it. 
I understand about builds but if you are playing  2 out of three  you should be able to play with a different deck the second game.   I dont see the point in not allowing the players to swicth decks .Also to post your decks  that you are using gives ur op a chance to build around it. 

I did not say we shouldn't be able to switch decks in between matches.  I said I think we should.  If we post 3 or 5 decks (like Monk suggested above), it's kind of hard to build your deck around what deck your opponent could play plus I didn't say you have to announce what deck you're going to use for a specific match; only what decks you're going to pick from throughout the whole tournament.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I have determined the rules I will be setting and will post the information in a seperate fourm later today, thank you all.
Sign In to post comments