Wither Stacks

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recently I made a G/R deck that revolves around the Morselhoarder Infinite Combo, While test playing I used Scuzzback Scrapper and Power of Fire.
Power of Fire has tap creature deal one damage to player or creature and  Scuzzback has wither. I was wondering if when tapped for power of fire would wither also stack on that or is that only combat damage? I have looked online previeously and found no other instances of this question so 
II came to the forums. 
Wither applies to all damage, not just combat damage. A Scuzzback Scrapper enchanted with Power of Fire will deal damage by putting -1/-1 counters on things.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

It's not limited to combat damage. Since it's [C]Scuzzback Scrapper[/C] and not [C]Power of Fire[/C] that deals the damage ("This creature deals"), it will be wither damage.
119.3d Damage dealt to a creature by a source with wither and/or infect causes that many -1/-1 counters to be put on that creature.

Thank you so very much.
I was wondering if when tapped for power of fire would wither also stack on that or is that only combat damage?

note: the ability won't mark 1 damage AND put a -1/-1 counter on the creature

wither changes the effect of that damage on creatures, it adds -1/-1 counters instead of marking damage

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.