Best Heart of Cormyr build

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all, I'm curious as to your thoughts as to what is an optimum Heart of Cormyr build, using ONLY Heart of Cormyr cards/creatures.

So far in my playing I've found the Halfling, Ranger, and Knight to be the least useful.  Another issue I have is with the War Wizard.  I played one time and ended up with a whole hand of INT cards, but didn't draw the Wizard.  I'm sure this doesn't happen much but having it happen leaves you with alot of cards you can't play.  So I guess I would have to remove the Wizard or add another.

So for creatures I liked.  Having one Dragon is enough.  The Earth Guardian with his burrow has served me well, 1 or 2 seems a must.  The Half Orc is good but his 5 range can be limiting.  I really like having 2 Dwarven Defenders and 2 Dwarf Clerics.  The Elf Archers, while weak still seem good as a cheap drop and ranged deterant.  If they get killed, oh well it is only one moral.

So anyways, I am no pro, but would love to see what others came up for as far as builds.  I haven't gotten a second deck of order cards yet, but will if I can find somewhere that has them.  Thanks.
The strategy on building successful Cormyr decks that I've seen usually involves focusing on creatures and cards that use the "Adventurer" keyword. As I have mostly played Lolth, I can't be much more specific than that.
 While I can't say for certain, I've found the Dragon, Dragon Knight, and Halfling sneak to be the most useless. The Copper Dragon, while powerful, takes up to much of my leadership, and because of that he doesn't have the support needed to stay alive against my opponents larger army.
 Dragon Knight is slow, and the Hafling is to weak.
 I have the same problem with my War Mage, and having a ton of INT cards but no mage to play them with.
 But, replacing my Dragon, Knight, and Halfling with a War Mage, Cleric, and Defender seems to be working out well.  Heavy on defense, but then again survival is important.

Cormyr has this whole Adventurer Turtle army with Dwarven Defenders, Dwarven Clerics and Dragon Knights that is extremely annoying to play against, and can be surprisingly mobile if you use the commander that gives every Adventurer the possibility to move an additional time with a Standard action. 4x Heroic Surge, a few War Wizards for range support.

Halfling Sneak, like most level 1 figs, is best used as a treasure hunter then you trade it in for the Leadership, hopefully while it deals one 20 damage attack and draws some aggro on a turn (in which case it will have been an efficient use of 1 Morale).

Thanks for the advice guys.  Maybe I'll try this build.

1 Dragon
2 Earth Guardian
2 War Wizard
1 Half Orc
2 Dwarf Defender
2 Dwarf Cleric
2 Elf Archer

Any ideas as to what cards to remove or double up on?  I need to get another set of Order Cards for this set.  Anyone know of an online store that is selling?  I got a second set for Tyrany from Auggies, but they are out of Cormyr/Lolth.
Any ideas as to what cards to remove or double up on?  I need to get another set of Order Cards for this set.  Anyone know of an online store that is selling?  I got a second set for Tyrany from Auggies, but they are out of Cormyr/Lolth.

I don't know anyone other than Auggies, but Miniature Market has the entire Heart of Cormyr faction pack on clearance for $22.
I just got some more cards from Auggies and did some tweaking of this deck.  Let me know what you think.

1 Dragon
2 Earth Guardian
2 War Wizard
1 Half Orc
2 Dwarf Defender
2 Dwarf Cleric
2 Elf Archer

4 Intercept
4 Seize the Opportunity
2 Shield
2 Saving Throw
2 Level Up