September 27th News

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Dungeon Master Experience
Necessary Evil

By Chris Perkins

This regular column is for Dungeon Masters who like to build worlds and campaigns as much as I do. Here I share my experiences as a DM through the lens of Iomandra, my Dungeons & Dragons campaign world. Even though the campaign uses the 4th Edition rules, the topics covered here often transcend editions. Hopefully this series of articles will give you inspiration, ideas, and awesome new ways to menace your players in your home campaigns.

Talk about this column in the Discussion Thread.

Leap Year 
Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms
Excerpts: Hearth and Home

By D&D Team

In today's look inside Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster's Forgotten Realms, we continue with Chapter 3: Hearth and Home. "Every player whose character has been attacked at home, in bed, or has arrived home battered and weary after a hard adventure to find that home looted, burned to the ground, or under the bulk of a grinning dragon, knows the sickening shock, the violation, of having one’s home messed with. As the beggar Jorthyn famously told King Azoun IV of Cormyr: I’ll fight for my best begging spot, Majesty, just as fiercely as you’ll defend yon Palace."

Talk about this excerpt in the Discussion Thread.

D&D Insider ArticleDungeon 206
Art Gallery

By D&D Team

This month in Dungeon: Retrieve a stolen spellbook before it destroys peace in the Five Nations. Meet Waterdeep’s nefarious beholder crime lord, and accept a dubious offer of employment. Learn the secrets of the shapeshifting malaugrym. Here now are a full set of illustrations from Dungeon 206!

Talk about this gallery in the Discussion Thread.

Article Header Image
D&D Insider ArticleDungeon 206 
Map Gallery

By D&D Team

This month in Dungeon: Retrieve a stolen spellbook before it destroys peace in the Five Nations. Meet Waterdeep’s nefarious beholder crime lord, and accept a dubious offer of employment. Learn the secrets of the shapeshifting malaugrym. Here now are a full set of maps from Dungeon 206!

Talk about this gallery in the Discussion Thread.
Article Header Image
D&D News
Online Writer's Guidelines

By D&D QA

These guidelines outline the steps you need to follow to submit an article or adventure proposal (referred to hereafter as a “pitch” ) to our online magazines, Dragon and Dungeon. Specifically, they help you craft and submit your pitch. If your pitch is approved, we’ll contact you with more specific instructions on how to submit a first draft of your manuscript.

Talk about this news in the Discussion Thread

Article Header Image
Sign In to post comments