Protection From Colors

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
With Arkoma's Memorial for example, when creatures are granted protection protection from black and read dose that mean it has protection from multicolor a creature's/spell's/plainswalker's abilities and attacks as long it has atleast one of them on the card?
yes
for example it would have protection from Prophetic Bolt or Lightning Helix because it is red
it doesn't care that it is also blue or white
proud member of the 2011 community team
Would Arikoma's Memorial also protect creatures from worldfire?
Worldfire does not do anything that protection prevents.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

So what would happen if an opponents casted Worldfire then I played Faith's Sheild?
So what would happen if an opponents casted Worldfire then I played Faith's Sheild?

Please autocard:
[C]Faith's Shield[/C] ⇒ [C]Faith's Shield[/C]

[C]Worldfire[/C] still does not do anything that protection prevents.

Protection protectes from being

• Damaged

• Enchanted/Equiped/Fortified

• Blocked

• Targetted

Faith's Shield resolves, giving protection to the targeted permanent (or maybe to you and all your permanents).

Then Worldfire resolves. As it doesn't deal damage and doesn't target, it succesfully exile all permanents (including the ones with protection), then exiles all cards from all hands and graveyards (including your hand even if you have protection), then each player's life total is set to 1 (again, this happens even if you have protection).

[<o>]

Worldfire is unaffected by Faith's Shield, but it reduces your life to one,
so Faith's Shield will have its «Fateful Hour» effect.  

If he's playing the Shield in response to Worldfire, he's not at 1 life yet when it resolves.

If he's playing the Shield after Worldfire has resolved, he has no permanent to target.

[<o>]

That's checked on the resolution of Fateful Hour. He was trying to have Faith's Shield resolve before Worldfire (assuming he was above 5 lfie), which would still be ineffective.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Ya, I guess I should actually have read Worldfire...  RTFC!!!

Sign In to post comments