Need help with situation - dwarf cleric

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I have a grouping, all adjacent, of a dwarf cleric, dwarf defender, and a half orc thug.  My opponent targets my half orc thug with his hobgoblin sorcerer with a ranged attack for 20.  So the dwarf defender blocks 10 damage, then can I tap the dwarf cleric on my opponents turn to heal the other 10 damage????  Seems crazy if you could use the heal ability on your opponents turn, then again if you want on your turn.  Thanks.
So I have a grouping, all adjacent, of a dwarf cleric, dwarf defender, and a half orc thug.  My opponent targets my half orc thug with his hobgoblin sorcerer with a ranged attack for 20.  So the dwarf defender blocks 10 damage, then can I tap the dwarf cleric on my opponents turn to heal the other 10 damage????  Seems crazy if you could use the heal ability on your opponents turn, then again if you want on your turn.  Thanks.

You can.  Dwarf Cleric is "pretty good" as they say.
That is crazy!  So you can use creatures tap abilities twice, once on your turn and once on your opponents turn, if you choose?  I gotta add another dwarf cleric to my warband!
..."">

You can use it when ever your cleric is untaped. Unless otherwise stated, tap abilities happen at instant speed. Therefor cards that untap your cleric would make him more effective as well.

There is, however, another thread that states that this would not work unless the creature you are healing is already damaged.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

There is no official response as yet, but it makes sense.
This is a diffferent situation than the other thread.  The other thread was wondering if healing could be used before an attack, such that it would save a piece that would die from a hit.  Since the stack is resolved in reverse order, that can't happen.

In this case, the OP is asking if the dwarf cleric's heal can be used on his opponent's turn as an immediate action, and the answer is yes.  So, the dwarf cleric can heal on its controller's turn and on the opponent's turn (since tapped creatures are untapped at the beginning and end of their controllers' turns). 
Is the Dwarf Cerlic able to heal itself? 
Healing Touch
Tap: This creature or 1 adjacent ally heals 10 damage or removes 1 attached Order card.

Yes, the cleric can heal itself. 
Healing Touch
Tap: This creature or 1 adjacent ally heals 10 damage or removes 1 attached Order card.

Yes, the cleric can heal itself. 

kk just wasnt sure since I didnt have the card on me to check real quick but thats kinda what I thought.  I had no idea that abilities could be used on opponents turn....that opens a whole can of worms for me now....
Sign In to post comments