omg no hidden dlc deck's=no more future dlc???

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
this is the first time that we don't get the new future deck's in the expansion is this a good thing or a bad thing??Frown
I don't recall people being able to see the deck packs in the first expansion of DotP 2012, but I could be wrong.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I don't believe so either. Remember we only got 1 expansion and then the rest were "Deck Packs" for 2012 so I'm fairly hopeful we'll get more DLC as we always have.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Lets hope we get actual expanisons like in the first DotP where the decks were all pretty much on the same level as the other decks in the game.  Lets hope more cards get added too.

If they go deck packs like in 2012, then more than likely the deck packs will be a mess ranging from disaster to overpowered lol
i do remember we knew about the deck pack 1 from the xbox360 file's ..

all i need is a tezzeret u/w/b artifact deck and ill be very happy
I imagine they will finish of the guilds, but i wonder what will happen with Orzov as we already have ED. I think they will just make another w/b deck as the mechanics will be very different
Didn't play '12, hope 'deck packs' means more cards for each deck rather than include more decks.. 15 is enough for me, I'd rather be given more customization options to keep the game from going stale. That's the problem with such a limited format, too many matches just play themselves.
I imagine they will finish of the guilds, but i wonder what will happen with Orzov as we already have ED. I think they will just make another w/b deck as the mechanics will be very different

What they should have done is create the Orzhov deck in the original game instead of ED.  Now it's going to be odd, to me at least, having two decks with two Deathbringer Liege.  If it doesn't have that creature in the deck, then I think it'd be even more odd considering all of the other guild decks (except Azorius) have them.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
is it just me or should they bring back the treefolk deck from 2012 that deck was my fav.
Lets hope we get actual expanisons like in the first DotP where the decks were all pretty much on the same level as the other decks in the game.  Lets hope more cards get added too.

If they go deck packs like in 2012, then more than likely the deck packs will be a mess ranging from disaster to overpowered lol

Yes because Master of Shadows was TOTALLY at the same level as all the other decks in that game, such a fair meta in that game for sure. Lets hope they DO NOT go this route...
Seems pretty obvious the next DLC will finish the Ravnica guilds. Who cares if there are two black white decks?

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Yes because Master of Shadows was TOTALLY at the same level as all the other decks in that game, such a fair meta in that game for sure. Lets hope they DO NOT go this route...

1st thats why i said pretty much.  2nd Master of Shadows in no way was as bad as Beknighted.  From the way you make it sound...  sure lets make the next expanisions like 2012... cuz they worked out soo well....

if i remember correctly the 1st expansion for 2012 had files that had the personas of the deck packs and then when the first deck pack came out that dlc had the files for the other deck packs
This video includes a lot of stuff about what's coming.
www.twitch.tv/magicprotour/b/330864717

Pretty sure this means that it will be the 5 Gatecrash guilds, and probably released in January (so 4 months off).  The big question in my mind is if they will include the 5 new keywords for the 5 guilds not yet represented.  I'd like them a lot, but it might be really powerful to have 5 decks with new keywords, while the 5 now don't (Unleash, Populate, Scavenge, Overload, and Detain).  With the Simic guild apparently being a whole new deal type thing with Merfolk and whatnot, it's a wonder to me what cards would actually be in that deck if they don't use new ones.
I want U/G and ill be very very happy
I want U/G and ill be very very happy

The next expansion will have a U/G, U/B, G/R, B/W, W/R

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

The dlc plan seems to be three more deck packs(2 decks each), just like dotp 2012. Release schedule will be similiar I guess.
Anything particular among game files related to that?
Anything particular among game files related to that?

Just the 6 decks added to the deck list. Like previous deck packs, no associated planeswalker or guild.
@evenfall

So there are files relating to DLC packs then? Do we have any names for them?
@evenfall

So there are files relating to DLC packs then? Do we have any names for them?

No
That's good, it means they'll be more of a surprise when they're announced
@Sir_Hellraiser
Are you trying to say that you have more information than our resident hacker evenfall?
If you do, out with it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

@Sir_Hellraiser Are you trying to say that you have more information than our resident hacker evenfall? If you do, out with it.

Its common  sense if there was any files they would already  been posted.   Just because you have one guy here that has not  posted  because he does not have it.   Plus  if there are they would already  be published around the  net. 
Touche'

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Duels'12s DLC release was markedly different from '09s. There is no pattern to follow.

Without more information there's no way to know how they will release forthcoming DLC. To say there is none is.... Damn, I had something for this... Oh well, can't think of it.

It seems most likely that they would do another expansion. The first expansion was extremely formulaic; 5 decks, a "campaign" to unlock each deck and a Revenge Campaign, plus some challenges. I see no real reason to think they wouldn't do the same to release the other 5 decks.

And hopefully they go all out and give us deck/s beyond that. Like I've said since day one, it makes zero sense that they would include a manual land tapping mechanic and flaunt it prior to relase and nt give us tri-colour decks to use it with.
i just wish it also includes additional card/cards each deck... Izzet(its fine but needs some sort of answer to non-creature permanents) and more importantly Jace(became slightly worse after dlc) could really use some additional cards...
@Sir_Hellraiser Are you trying to say that you have more information than our resident hacker evenfall? If you do, out with it.

Its common  sense if there was any files they would already  been posted.   Just because you have one guy here that has not  posted  because he does not have it.   Plus  if there are they would already  be published around the  net. 

Common sense? I'm sorry but that's asking too much of this community. Laughing
Sign In to post comments