~PSN 2HG League: Official Thread~

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for,as it is titled, for the PSN 2HG League that Karstien started.

It will be used to keep track of the results, points, and the updated deck lists that everyone will be using. It would be greatly appreciated if it is only used for that, and not for general discussions.  I would imagine that it would be fine if everyone wanted to put down what happened in the matches or to post links to uploaded videos of the games if anyone records them.

I will be doing the random decklists for everyone as well as putting in the "keeper" deck that you will each be choosing.  Below this will be the names of those that are in and the decks they will be using.

Be sure to look at said post below for all updated decklists.  No point in me making a bunch of different ones when I can keep it all in one place.  If I have made any mistakes, please private message me to keep this thread as clean as possible and I will correct it.

Good luck to all playing, and try to have fun.

For any issues or discussions, please use the link below:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

DECKLIST:

Karstien:
(Von_Carstien)
Chosen: Aura Servants
Random: Exalted Darkness, Celestial Light, Crosswinds, Grinning Malice

Tripp2300:
Chosen: Mindstorms
Random: Sepulchral Strength, Dream puppets, Goblin Gangland, Aura Servants

DroneOn: (zerodrone)
Chosen: Ancient Wilds
Random: Dream Puppets, Celestial Light, Grinning Malice, Obedient Dead

Aaronjonchesney:
Chosen: Mindstorms
Random: Ancient Wilds, Collective Might, Pack Instinct, Peacekeepers 

Squalltheonly:
Chosen: Aura Servants
Random: Crosswinds, Collective Might, Goblin Gangland, Mindstorms

Thelivingcrysus:(crysus89)
Chosen: Grinning Malice
Random: Born of Flame, Crosswinds, Mindstorms, Ancient Wilds

Thedevilwuster:
Chosen:Crosswinds
Random: Born of Flame, Aura Servants, Exalted Darkness, Dream Puppets 

Killabkilledb:
Chosen: Obedient Dead
Random: Crosswinds, Goblin Gangland, Collective Might, Mindstorms   

LegacyRO3:
Chosen: Sepulchral Strength
Random: Ancient Wilds, Obedient Dead, Dream Puppets, Mindstorms  

eaglenitewillow:(EagleNiteWillow1)
Chosen: Dream Puppets
Random:Aura Sernavts, Exalted Darkness, Crosswinds, Born of Flame

EndarSeth:
Chosen: Obedient Dead
Random: Sepulchral Strength, Ancient Wilds, Celestial Light, Mindstorms

Antkour:
Random: Grinning Malice, Goblin Gangland, Pack Instinct, Celestial Light 

Soratami: (ilikethispart)
Ranodm: Celestial Light, Exalted Darkness, Ancient Wilds, Goblin Gangland

LOGANPL:
Chosen: Grinning Malice
Random: Sepulchral Strength, Mindstorms, Peacekeepers, Pack Instinct  

DVestal: (Wanderer07)
Chosen: Born of Flame
Random: Ancient Wilds, Grinning Malice, Obedient Dead, Celestial Light  

Andre1001: (ANdreG1001)
Random: Mindstorms, Pack Instinct, Ancient Wilds, Obedient Dead                           

Teams:

1) Karstien(Von_Carstien) <> Tripp2300

2) Soritami(ilikethispart) <> LOGANPL

3) killabkilledb <> Thedevilwuster

4) Endarseth <> Antkour

5) LeagcyRO3 <> eaglenitewillow(EagleNiteWillow1)

6) Squalltheonly <> Thelivingcrysus
(crysus89)

7) DroneOn(zerodrone)
<> Andre1001(ANdreG1001)

8) Aaronjonchesney
<> Dvestal(Wanderer07)   
League rules!

1. You must select one deck that is your 'keeper'. This will stay with you through the entire league. Choose well, as once the league starts, this cannot be changed. 

2. For each match, you will be given four more decks, randomly generated. There are 3 rounds in a match, and you must use a different deck from your alloted 5 in each round. Each player may use his or her decks as they see fit, so both generating the same deck means they can use both, but two players in the same team MUST select different keeper decks. 

3. The matches are best out of three, but for the sake of keeping the available points up for grabs even, all 3 rounds should be played. There is 2 points for a round win, 1 point for a draw, (They do happen, if rarely) and 0 points for a loss. I will keep track of the points here, once the teams have reported in. 

4. Disconnecting is annoying, but it does happen. In each round, not match, there can be no more than one disconnection from the same team. Any more, and you take a loss and move on to the next round of the match, if there is one. I know this hurts teams from different countries, (Like my own) as connections can suffer greatly across the ocean, but it will hopefully keep the system from being abused. 

5. In the event of a dispute, please contact me and I will try to sort it out. I cannot see this happening, but I want no hostility in this league, it is a friendly competition. Let's keep it that way, and everybody will be happy. The generation of your decks may not be disputed, we are trusting eaglenitewillow to do this, so no complaining if you get bad decks, i'm sure he wll get bad ones too. 

6. If a player leaves, is disqualified for any reason, his or her partner must find another suitable candidate to continue. The new player must use the decks already alloted, including the keeper. The keeper deck must not be changed. If no partner can be found, or a full team backs out, every other team will get three points for the match vs that team, whether they have beaten them already, lost to them, or just not played them. This will keep points even. 

7. The format for the match-ups will be posted in this slot once we have finalized the number of teams. Please be patient, as I am hoping for ten teams, or at least an even number. 

8. The top placed and the runner up in the league after all matches have been played will face off against each other to determine the winner. The top placed team members may select all three of thier decks for the match, the runner up may select two each and have the third chosen by thier opponents. This is an experimental rule, so feel free to dispute it on the other thread. Enough no votes and i'll take it down. 

9. The most important rule, EVERYBODY HAVE FUN! 

10. I reserve the right to update these in case anything comes up, such as a better idea being put forwards.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
my name isnt up here, and i chose the SS deck
I'll happily post the rules, and as detailed as I can, but I need these posts deleted since I forgot to reserve the space, lol. Consider this my reservation, if the above three can be taken down. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
If there's any room, I'd love to play. PSN is: giantsfan2482
Is there going to be a challonge created?
I repeat, is there going to be a challonge for this?

challonge.com/dotpipadtourny4

You type in the team names, pick the round robin option and it sets up who plays who for the whole tourny.

It keeps track of the W/L for you and everything. In addition, that is why I asked if we could just radomize the decks for each round before we begin that way anybody can play anybody in the bracket at any time. It would greatly speed up the tournament rather than going round by round and waiting...

We can automate the whole thing....you or eagle just need to update the results and challonge does the rest.

Are you really planning on manually keeping track of everything? Way too much work dude

I will bump this thread now... see how long it lasts on the first page with all of killa's urges to post "new" things...

Troll troll troll your boat, gently down the street....merrily merrily merrily....

I don't know what a challonge is, and can everybody remove the posts here except Eagle and myself? That is what the other thread is for!!

I'll delete my posts in a bit....

You type in the team names, pick the round robin option and it sets up who plays who for the whole tourny.

It keeps track of the W/L for you and everything. In addition, that is why I asked if we could just radomize the decks for each round before we begin that way anybody can play anybody in the bracket at any time. It would greatly speed up the tournament rather than going round by round and waiting...

We can automate the whole thing....you or eagle just need to update the results and challonge does the rest.

Are you really planning on manually keeping track of everything? Way too much work dude

Yup, i'll be keeping track of everything manually, including using state of the art systems to deduce who plays whom in every round. Round by round is the best way I feel, as some players would get way ahead if we gave free reign, while others would languish behind. It would become chaotic to keep any semblance of order. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I will bump this thread now... see how long it lasts on the first page with all of killa's urges to post "new" things...

Troll troll troll your boat, gently down the street....merrily merrily merrily....

I don't know what a challonge is, and can everybody remove the posts here except Eagle and myself? That is what the other thread is for!!

Yup, i'll be keeping track of everything manually, including using state of the art systems to deduce who plays whom in every round. Round by round is the best way I feel, as some players would get way ahead if we gave free reign, while others would languish behind. It would become chaotic to keep any semblance of order. 

The man is doing his multiplication by hand with a calculator sitting right next to him....Good luck with that...if you want an html table to update the stats in let me know, I can make you one and editing it would be really easy for you...
Oh. My. Lord. Two seperate threads containing "PSN 2HG League" in them. Does it matter that one of them differentiates itself from the other by tacking a colon and official thread on the end?

This is what you people want the boards to become.
Reporting this thread as a duplicate that needs to be closed :p

The man is doing his multiplication by hand with a calculator sitting right next to him....Good luck with that...if you want an html table to update the stats in let me know, I can make you one and editing it would be really easy for you...

Multiplication by hand eh? I suppose the euphamism is correct in a way, but have you consdered that multiplication can be done faster in your head than with a calculator if you are any good at maths? Only the complicated stuff is going to need a calculator. Adding 2 points for a win and 1 for the very rare draw doesn't need it. If you want to draw me up a sample table, feel free. If I like it, i'll use it.  

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Multiplication by hand eh? I suppose the euphamism is correct in a way, but have you consdered that multiplication can be done faster in your head than with a calculator if you are any good at maths? Only the complicated stuff is going to need a calculator. Adding 2 points for a win and 1 for the very rare draw doesn't need it. If you want to draw me up a sample table, feel free. If I like it, i'll use it.  

What do you ant the columns to be?

Team Name  ---    W  -- L   --- T ---Points      

anything else?

What do you ant the columns to be?

Team Name  ---    W  -- L   --- T ---Points      

anything else?

How many they have played would be nice too, pm me a link when you are done please, no need to clutter this thread even more. as for it being a duplicate...I would actually prefer everybody delete their comments off this one then I can post the info from the other here. Then we could delete that one, which is far more cluttered. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
fine, you guys want it gone i will have it done.  i will send the messages needed to moderators or whoever needs to hear it. 

considerng no one can read that we wanted to use this for our results and not for general discussion, all anyone has done is add more crap to the thread and fighting. 

i didn't see you complain about felbatista(sorry fel, but i am making a point here) when we did a 1 on 1 tourny and we had 2 threads for that.  if it was so wrong the threads would have been closed. so whats the deal mobius?

enough drma in the real world and everyone wants to bring it here to satisfy their  egos.  My kids are more grown up than everyone else on here. 

if i am lucky wizards will ban me from here permantly.  you guys need to grow up and stop complaining about such trivial crap and yes that was directed at you killa...you are the worst of all of them.

i am done with this stuff.  its like high school in here........ 
fine, you guys want it gone i will have it done.  i will send the messages needed to moderators or whoever needs to hear it. 

considerng no one can read that we wanted to use this for our results and not for general discussion, all anyone has done is add more crap to the thread and fighting. 

i didn't see you complain about felbatista(sorry fel, but i am making a point here) when we did a 1 on 1 tourny and we had 2 threads for that.  if it was so wrong the threads would have been closed. so whats the deal mobius?

enough drma in the real world and everyone wants to bring it here to satisfy their  egos.  My kids are more grown up than everyone else on here. 

if i am lucky wizards will ban me from here permantly.  you guys need to grow up and stop complaining about such trivial crap and yes that was directed at you killa...you are the worst of all of them.

Mobius was being facetious and making a point about people complaining of duplicates and an untidy forum. Most of the culprits are in this tournament, which ironically enough, has two threads devoted to it and some control freaks running it.

Your opinion of me is noted. Anything else?  And I don't complain about anything. I don't create threads telling others how to post, where they can post, when they can post and how much they can post. I also don't bother the moderators by reporting people I am trying to troll like users here are doing. I do neither of these. Have the common decency to leave them alone unless it's an important issue. Incessantly reporting stuff for illegitimate reasons just puts more on their plate. It's also childish and juvenile. This isn't middle-school.
Woaw, there are 3 types of people in this forums: trolls, troll feeders, and the rest.

I agree with eagle, its like freaking high school in here, yall make me waste my break/lunches reading worthless crap when I want to actually be informed about magic stuff.

After this league I will just move on from these forums.
wow, calling me a control freak? you just keep proving my point.  and i offered a suggestion, not scripture.  its not my fault that people can't read or understand things in simple words.  and i never once told anyone how to post or anything like that.  again it was a suggestion on how to keep things a little neater.  and like usual youy were the first to chime in and complain about it. 

Mobius was being facetious and making a point about people complaining of duplicates and an untidy forum. Most of the culprits are in this tournament, which ironically enough, has two threads devoted to it and some control freaks running it.

Your opinion of me is noted. Anything else?  And I don't complain about anything. I don't create threads telling others how to post, where they can post, when they can post and how much they can post. I also don't bother the moderators by reporting people I am trying to troll like users here are doing. I do neither of these. Have the common decency to leave them alone unless it's an important issue. Incessantly reporting stuff for illegitimate reasons just puts more on their plate. It's also childish and juvenile. This isn't middle-school.

Control freaks now is it? You do realise that running these does require a certain amount of control right, unless you think it just somehow works itself out with 16 people wanting to do different things. You know what, i'm gonna agree with eagle here. Run it yourself, do all the work yourself. All eagle wanted was for his thread to be kept clean, and for that he did most of the damn work here. Round of applause killa, you get what you wanted. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
wow, calling me a control freak? you just keep proving my point.  and i offered a suggestion, not scripture.  its not my fault that people can't read or understand things in simple words.  and i never once told anyone how to post or anything like that.  again it was a suggestion on how to keep things a little neater.  and like usual youy were the first to chime in and complain about it. 

The reason I chime in and offer a counter viewpoint is because I know you feel this way:

"you guys need to grow up and stop complaining about such trivial crap and yes that was directed at you killa...you are the worst of all of them."

Don't play coy, its obvious why you are creating those threads and who the majority of your complaint is aimed at even if you don't make it explciit. I'm a big boy, I can read between the lines.

Control freaks now is it? You do realise that running these does require a certain amount of control right, unless you think it just somehow works itself out with 16 people wanting to do different things. You know what, i'm gonna agree with eagle here. Run it yourself, do all the work yourself. All eagle wanted was for his thread to be kept clean, and for that he did most of the damn work here. Round of applause killa, you get what you wanted. 

Yeah control freak... "don't post here, don't pos that, don't create a new thread", "only i can make duplicate threads". Individials following me around the forum, harassing me and illegitiamtely reporting my threads to the moderators as duplciates. That makes you a control freak.

It has nothin to do with the tournament. You are both putting in a lot of time and effort and its appreciated but 1, its your own doing for making the format far more difficult than it needs to be (randomly generated decks each round) and for not creating a challonge which automates the process. You are walking to work in a snowstorm instead of driving your SUV.
first , i never have reported you.  its not my job to moderate the forums.

I never said dont post or dont create new threads.  i for one do not follow you.  i made a thread and you posted in it.  how is that following you? 

as for the tournament, that is how we wanted to do it.  no one forced you or anyone else to play in it.  of i remember correctly, which i may not, you were the only one opposed to the randoms.  everyone else was cool with it.  you threw your name in.  if you didnt like how we wanted to do it, you should not have entered.  

and why would i want a computer to do all the work for me?  i am not that lazy. and it is not difficult to do. 

and its my choice to walk in a snow storm instead of driving.  in my area and the way people drive, i am way safer walking....       

Yeah control freak... "don't post here, don't pos that, don't create a new thread", "only i can make duplicate threads". Individials following me around the forum, harassing me and illegitiamtely reporting my threads to the moderators as duplciates. That makes you a control freak.

It has nothin to do with the tournament. You are both putting in a lot of time and effort and its appreciated but 1, its your own doing for making the format far more difficult than it needs to be (randomly generated decks each round) and for not creating a challonge which automates the process. You are walking to work in a snowstorm instead of driving your SUV.

Okay, first of all, I have NEVER hit the report post button, never will. I prefer to leave that to people who care about that. 
Second, you are the one making it more complicated. Random decks each round is for FUN. Get the concept? We were willing to put in that effort rather than have it go stale, but no, Killa knows better. Killer has Challonge, so why bother writing it up yourself, which is something I heppen to enjoy, and so does eagle. Some people refer walking killa, it's excercises the body and/or mind, depending on the context and if it is a literal or metaphorical walk. And don't post here has a very legitamate reason, which you completely ignored. Doesn't matter, i'm done, game over. Do what you like, just don't include me. Some people I can't stand. I won't say who, I assume they can read between the lines. Not once, by the way, did I tell you not to create new threads. I just asked for a little order in the ones I created myself. Enjoy your pedastal, must be a great view from up there. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White