9/27/2012 Feature: "Magic Online Wide Beta Update"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of the feature article "Magic Online Wide Beta Update", which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Good stuff. I'll give it another look when the list view goes in at the end of October.
Thanks for the update!
What has been improved since last time??? The buddy login pop-up is still so annoying. The cards are still so oversized. The gameplay is still so unsmooth and need clicking a lot.
Is the new client going to become the main one fairly soon? I was just wondering if I should download the old one or just wait for the new client to become standard.
Is the new client going to become the main one fairly soon? I was just wondering if I should download the old one or just wait for the new client to become standard.

Here is what Ryan Spain said in his article.
The New Magic Online Launch: At some point, the Wide Beta will end and we will officially launch the new Magic Online. At this time, we will also discontinue support for the current client, but we will make sure players have plenty of notice before we do so.

He said this in the Wide Beta launch article.
While we are in Wide Beta, we will continue to solicit feedback and make improvements until it is ready to be the one-and-only Magic Online client. Once it is ready, we will transition all players to the new version (with advance notice to players) and remove the beta tag.

Shouldn't this thread be in the magic online forum?  Anyway, looking forward to monday to see the changes.
Ok, it's monday, where's the update.