My store still hasn't received the module

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, here we are in Week 5(?) of the Encounters season, and the store at which I normally play Encounters still hasn't received the module.  This is the first season in a long time that I was actually excited to play, and the season's almost halfway done.

Since it appears that someone in the store or at WotC is dragging their feet in this matter, who do I need to talk to to make sure that the module gets sent to them?  I've actually need told that it's "in transit" (the store's words).  What's the deal?
Thewok,

If the store did not receive the kit(s) that it ordered then whomever does the Wizards Play Network (WPN) (Magic, DDD, LA, etc.) needs to get in touch with their WPN Regional Representative and get it sent out immediately (if they still have it in stock).

What is more likely is the store fumbled the order for the kits (ordered but didn't sanction is the most common issue in the Wizards Event Reporter (WER)). If that is the case then it is too late to get this fixed as the ordering window has come and gone.

If you want to avoid this in the future, ask if you can become the WPN coordiantor for D&D at the store. Then you can apply for an WPN account (they will confirm with the store) and you will be able to order on the store's behalf and report all the sessions for the season using the WER software.

The long and short of it is, if the store did not follow up with their rep the problem rests squarely on their shoulders. Every time I have talked with mine on the phone or sent something through WotC CustServ I have had prompt resolution to any of my issues.

Links:
www.wizards.com/wpn

Bryan Blumklotz
Ex-DDE Coordinator @ Guardian Games in Portland, OR