I just found a site that parses MTGO collections.

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey 

A friend of mine just showed me it and it seems pretty cool. Atleast something I'll be using before and after a session of drafting.

mtgovaluate.com/
Moving to Magic Online General.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Great.
Because I definitely want to upload my collection information to a 3rd party website so they know exactly how valuable my account is.
And I don't see any issue with the fact that the only thing needed to access an account is an already publicly available username and a password.

Nothing sketchy about this at all.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Hey tempesteye,

I made the site, the collections are uploaded anonymously. I dont see how using a site related to MTGO is a security issue. If it was it would be equivalent to saying you shouldnt use ANY site related to MTGO. And the files are simple CSV file, its just lines of cards and are in no form or shape related to any account.

I honestly have no idea how this would be a security issue. 
Hey tempesteye,

I made the site, the collections are uploaded anonymously. I dont see how using a site related to MTGO is a security issue. If it was it would be equivalent to saying you shouldnt use ANY site related to MTGO. And the files are simple CSV file, its just lines of cards and are in no form or shape related to any account.

I honestly have no idea how this would be a security issue. 

I saw your post on Sally as well.

Listen, you may be completely honest, and that's great. But the fact of the matter is that it's an extremely bad practice for any random MTGO user to upload a list of what's in their collection to anyone, for any reason. It doesn't matter if you say you don't collect any personal data, because the end user has no way to verify that.

Giving anyone you don't know a list of your account contents is like hanging a sign on your front door with an estimated value of the contents of your house. It might not do any harm but why take a chance?

Anyone interested in actually selling their collection will send a CSV to a dealer to get a valuation. Everyone else who does it is just taking a needless risk.

And if you really don't see how this could be considered a security risk, it makes me wonder if you are really that naive or are being disingenuous. 

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Im seriously being naive. Can you retrive passwords or usernames from a collection? If not then its no different than going on MTGOtraders, mtggoldfish, mtgoacademy, puremtgo and so on (or for that matter any site on the web). They get exactly the same information about you as I do when you enter their sites. The fact that you show intrest in MTGO on ANY site probably means that you have an above average sized collection, since casual players ususally dont venture beyond the software they are using. 

But its perfectly fine you feel that way. I honestly didnt know that, that barrier existed, but if you feel that way, there are probably more who does. I guess it just takes some time to build trust. I dont think I can do much about that.

Either way, thanks for the feedback 
Security issues aside, looks nice! Easy to use, and reasonably accurate. I'm assuming from the list of cards shown at end it only lists cards valued over 1 ticket, and not the "flotsam & jetsam"? Does it even check the "piddly stuff"?

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Security issues aside, looks nice! Easy to use, and reasonably accurate. I'm assuming from the list of cards shown at end it only lists cards valued over 1 ticket, and not the "flotsam & jetsam"? Does it even check the "piddly stuff"?

It doesn not add anything that is below 1$ and it only rounds the total value of your collection. I didnt add the cards below 1$ because I figured I would never be able to sell those cards, so they didnt add any real value to my collection.

However there has been a lot of people asking for it to be optional and it would be super easy to implement since its actually just removing an if statement (removing a small part of the code) so I might go ahead and do it.
Sweet,  finally a replacement for the "crashcodes" site.  I may be an unrated player but I do like to keep track of my collection value.

I would like to know the security risk other than possible cookie attack/virus infection and perhaps giving someone my isp info which I'm exposed to everyday just surfing the net.  I don't see where it is listing my password or even my username.  What is linking my specific mtgo account to this specific csv?  How do they know I didn't just sell everything to a dealer after I valued my collection?

Yes it would be nice to see an option for an entire collection value as well as singles worth $1 or more.

is an already publicly available username and a password.
Nothing sketchy about this at all.

Please enlighten me further as to where my username and password is publicly available?
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!
There is no way to find out a person's username from the CSV file that is uploaded. There is no way to know if the cards contained in the CSV file are even in someone's account. The CSV file can be edited to what ever you want before you upload it. You can check what is contained in the file to make sure there is no personal information before you upload it.

Some people are worried about that stuff, so I guess you would have to think of ways to assure them if you were trying to run a business.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the site and is a welcome tool for anyone who doesn't keep up with the fluctuations of cards they may have forgotten they even had. I know I learned a couple things about my collection. Great utility!
Can't wait for the day that the new client supports generating CSV files.
It doesn not add anything that is below 1$ and it only rounds the total value of your collection. I didnt add the cards below 1$ because I figured I would never be able to sell those cards, so they didnt add any real value to my collection. ...

I think that would be useful, because there are plenty of cards like Rancor, Pendelhaven, Phyrexian Crusader, Remand, etc. worth between 0.25 & 1.00 a pop... those could add up quickly.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Cool site - I always wanted something like this to ballpark my collection.  I never wanted to send to a dealer because I'm not interested in selling and didn't want to waste dealer's time - but this scratched my curiosity itch.

Too bad it only works for rares - I think there are a lot of valuable commons and uncommons that could add value, but I understand that Supernova are the only folks that keep their buy/sell lists parseable without a flash frontend.

Thanks - nice job!

It seems to run very slowly. My bad it was failing because my No Script disallowed github.com.

Winter.Wolf

I would really like the < $1 option, as I have thousands of those worth a few dimes and only a small amount of pricy cards, being the 99% limited player.
I would really like the < $1 option, as I have thousands of those worth a few dimes and only a small amount of pricy cards, being the 99% limited player.

I just added it, also added the option of generating classified without rounding down to nearest dollar.
I just noticed it doesn't show up "strip mine" or "daze"  or any of the special set cards like ftv or promos. 

That "get classified" feature is pretty trick! :D
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!
I just noticed it doesn't show up "strip mine" or "daze"  or any of the special set cards like ftv or promos. 

The key difficulty probably is that the valuations are based on supernovabots prices and sn doesn't carry all cards but merely those that it has a reasonable chance of obtaining. (Well thats been my observation.)

Winter.Wolf

The key difficulty probably is that the valuations are based on supernovabots prices and sn doesn't carry all cards but merely those that it has a reasonable chance of obtaining. (Well thats been my observation.)

Its rares and mythics, daze for example is common. But if anyone wants to help out with a proper index including commons and uncommons I'd love to use that instead.

Its rares and mythics, daze for example is common. But if anyone wants to help out with a proper index including commons and uncommons I'd love to use that instead.

Imho a more standardized index would be derived from Mtgotraders.com since that is the store many go to when seeking cards. They almost always have the card in question, in stock and their prices aren't as subject to minute by minute whimsical changes or false prices (Sn tends to put a few cards at wrongly listed prices on their site which is quite jarring when you go to look at the bots they are listed only to find the price 1 or tickets higher. I understand this behavior and it doesn't indicate any fraud imho but it does make getting stable pricings harder.)

Winter.Wolf

Imho a more standardized index would be derived from Mtgotraders.com since that is the store many go to when seeking cards. They almost always have the card in question, in stock and their prices aren't as subject to minute by minute whimsical changes or false prices (Sn tends to put a few cards at wrongly listed prices on their site which is quite jarring when you go to look at the bots they are listed only to find the price 1 or tickets higher. I understand this behavior and it doesn't indicate any fraud imho but it does make getting stable pricings harder.)

I've already talked to mtgotraders and they are not intrested in offering their index. Which makes perfect sense for a ton of different reasons.
Im sure Heath has his reasons but you can get a pretty good idea of what the indices are by checking their prices every so often. Might be that is impractical to do often but you could do it every so often to ensure your indices aren't too out of date.

IMHO it would be useful to have more sites/bots pricing data when making something like this. And maybe indicate the differences. I mean infobot does that in a much smaller manner and with only a few bots/chains but you can spread your requests out there.

Winter.Wolf

Awesome service! As I started selling my collection it is really neat to have a rough estimation of it's value.

BTW why my display name is GuestXXXXXXXXXX?
BTW why my display name is GuestXXXXXXXXXX?

Contact Customer Service to have this corrected.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Im sure Heath has his reasons but you can get a pretty good idea of what the indices are by checking their prices every so often. Might be that is impractical to do often but you could do it every so often to ensure your indices aren't too out of date.

IMHO it would be useful to have more sites/bots pricing data when making something like this. And maybe indicate the differences. I mean infobot does that in a much smaller manner and with only a few bots/chains but you can spread your requests out there.

Yeah I did think it over but the negatives of offering this outweigh the positives.  When we make offers we use a script but also go through it by hand to make sure the offer is good.  If they have already gotten an offer by the script that was higher than the offer we made because it counted all their junk commons too high for instance then people would complain and say we are ripping them off.  That is just one example I could think of but you get the idea.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.