AWAKENED POTENCIAL

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
One of my players choosed this feat last sunday. He plays a wizard (Sha'ir). The feat grants 1 PP but what I don't understand is why it also grants a Wizard at will power! Can you help me?
The text of the feat is:

Awakened Potential [Multiclass Ardent, Battlemind, or Psion]

Prerequisite: Int 15, trained in Arcana
Benefit: You gain the Psionic Augmentation class feature and 1 power point. You can spend this power point to augment powers, feats, or magic items that are augmentable. Once you spend this power point, you do not regain the power point until you take an extended rest. You also qualify for feats that require the Psionic Augmentation class feature. You gain 1 additional power point at 21st level.
Special: Choose ardent, battlemind, or psion when you take this feat. This feat counts as a multiclass feat for that class.

There is nothing in the wording of the feat that grants an extra at-will power.

Are you sure that he didn't gain the power from some other source?
The text of the feat is:

Awakened Potential [Multiclass Ardent, Battlemind, or Psion]

Prerequisite: Int 15, trained in Arcana
Benefit: You gain the Psionic Augmentation class feature and 1 power point. You can spend this power point to augment powers, feats, or magic items that are augmentable. Once you spend this power point, you do not regain the power point until you take an extended rest. You also qualify for feats that require the Psionic Augmentation class feature. You gain 1 additional power point at 21st level.
Special: Choose ardent, battlemind, or psion when you take this feat. This feat counts as a multiclass feat for that class.

There is nothing in the wording of the feat that grants an extra at-will power.

Are you sure that he didn't gain the power from some other source?

Yes, I am. If he chooses another feat it does not happen. When he select AP, the "power tag" becomes "active" and he can select a new at-will wizard spell. I think it is a CB issue.

I think it is a CB issue.

D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
It is a CB issue since RAW Awakened Potential doesn't grant an extra at-will power.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter