Race for my character's master

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a very unique character, a Hexblade Shade Elemental Pact, but while building his background I wanted him to be taught by an ancient Hexblade banished to the Elemental Chaos. I know that it is a She and her name is Cersa'Low but I wanted to make her truelly unique race wise and I can't quite figure out what to make her. Any ideas would be awesome.

-Thanks

Shardmind. Or pick a non-PC race, like a mindflayer or a centaur...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

I'mma say a goblin or kobold. Everyone loves those guys. It would also be interesting for a goblin or kobold to gain such power as to be strong enough that anything would want to learn from them, as opposed to killing them and taking their stuff.... or eatting them... or both...
I was leaning towards a goblin because it would be really strange to have a goblin mentor right? But then again I was like... this person needs to be ancient and how old do goblin's live?
When you start involving shadow magicks and elemental chaos, who can say?  If the mentor is very powerful, she could have even obtained an epic destiny or some equivalent.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.

Ancient goblin, kobold, with swords far too Yoda are...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Githzerai are known for their monastic devotions in the Chaos, and while this usually leans toward psionic/monk archetypes, it's not hard to see an arcane tradition developing among them.
I love the Yoda referance, I might have to use that! Thanks much!
I would suggest that the mentor be an angel.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

While they usually have harsh and short lives Kobolds can tehoretically live for centuries.
Goblins instead have a standard humanoid lifespan.
I keep wondering if an ancient "good" race would work better such as the Angel, Eladrin and so forth or if the unexpected so called "lesser" races would be better. I know they all have valuable wisdom if they get the chance to live long enough, but each would have different values on how to go about training a young hexblade. How would a goblin actually go about training a young shadeling?