Flayer of the hatehound + dread return + bridge

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is the situation.
I have 3 creatures on the battlefield, I sacrifice them with dread return's flashback (while I have 2 bridge from below on the graveyard), to return flayer of the hatebound to the battlefield.
What would appear?

1.The zombies first, then flayer of the hatebound. (no damage triggered from zombies)
2.Flayer of the hatebound first, then the zombies (dealing damage per zombie) 

1 or 2?
Aww... server maintenance has taken the Gatherer down, so I can't look up the cards.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Bridge from Below triggers as you cast Dread Return. They will resolve first, giving you zombies, then Flayer will enter the battlefield later.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

The zombies would never trigger Flayer because they don't enter the battlefield from the graveyard.  They're just tokens, so they only exist on the battlefield.

Here's the full stack (top to bottom):

Bridge triggers to put zombies on the field
Dread Return targeting Flayer

The zombie tokens are created, then the Flayer comes back.  Flayer's trigger goes on the stack and resolves dealing 5 (?) damage to target creature/player.

This is the situation.
I have 3 creatures on the battlefield, I sacrifice them with dread return's flashback (while I have 2 bridge from below on the graveyard), to return flayer of the hatehound to the battlefield.
What would appear?

1.The zombies first, then flayer of the hatehound. (no damage triggered from zombies)
2.Flayer of the hatehound first, then the zombies (dealing damage per zombie) 

1 or 2?

the sac happens as you cast Dread Return, this may or may not trigger Bridge (depending on whether or not they are tokens and who owns them)

if it does trigger Bridge, the triggers wait to go on the stack after you finish casting Return, then they are put on the stack above Return and they resolve first putting the zombie tokens on the field and then the Flayer enters the field and triggers for itself only.

so 1. 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

So for example a Predator Dragon would be more effective to do a direct kill damage than Flayer of the hatebound
PD: better to use Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, isn't it? hahaha
That depends on what you mean by "more effective."

If your deck can make a ton of goblins, Predator Dragon will be great for you. If you have a lot of creatures with undying, or a few copies of Rise from your Grave, then Flayer of the Hatebound is probably the better choice.

Elesh Norn is useful for both decks, because it directly increases the Flayer's damage, and it makes your goblin army bigger.
Well this is gonna depend greatly on how you build your dredge deck, I love FLayer in dredge, considering most dredge decks pack plenty of ways to make FLayer a beatstick.

Ichorid is the main one of course, but in other builds like Manaless - there's Nether Shadow, possibly Bloodghast aswell.
Don't rule out Flayer without playing it a fair bit.  
Flayer and Griselbrand are both very good target fro Dread Return in dredge, whether you play with Lion's Eye Diamond or whether you go manaless.