~PSN 2HG League~

284 posts / 0 new
Last post

Okay, now we have a thread to go with this. And a few more points to raise. 

No-shows...every tourney and league has them, and it's twice as hard with 2HG, right? Well, if it happens that your partner leaves, we will sub him/her with any other person whose partner has left, or anybody who shows interest after the games have started. If we lose a team, all other teams get three points for the matchup, including those who already played them, win or lose. It makes us all look better anyway. Tongue Out

I'll pair up the team-mates as they are announced, for now there is just a list of confirmed players. This will be a best out of three situation, point for a every win, and replay in case of a draw. (Rare, but it happens, stupid flamebreak). Disconnecting does happen, so we will have to run on an honour system here. Disconnecting on purpose when you are losing just brings down the standard of the whole league, so just don't do it. Also, 2 disconnects from one round is a loss, even if you were winning. It happens to me a lot, but the rule seems fair to me. You cannot play the same deck twice in one match-up.

All decks except for your chosen 'keeper' will be randomised at the start of every round. Five each gives us options in case we draw a couple we are bad with. If you draw four you are bad with, sorry, but that's just how it goes. 

All players must have seperate PSN ID's. I know this seems restrictive, but this is about partnership, and not one guy/girl with two pads and a massive ego. There is no real way to prove it's two players with one console. Hell, there is no way to prove it conclusively with two, but it's a reasonably safe bet.  

I was mostly joking about the removal of mill, but this is gonna be a democracy, so i'd like to hear your votes on the matter. To
choose decks, just so you know, i'll be using playing cards to randomize. Ace-king is thirteen, plus joker is fourteen, and I rather like the idea of everybody choosing one deck to run anyway, so that should be perfect. Everybody will post their deck, which must be kept for the whole league, and then i'll shuffle and draw four cards for each player, per round.

Thanks Eaglenitewillow for stepping up to randomize the decks for us.  

Players:

Karstien                                                                          >>Aura Servants<<
Tripp2300                                                                        >>MindStorms<<
DroneOn                                                                         >>Ancient Wilds<<
Aaronjonchesney                                                          >>Grinning Malice<<
Squalltheonly                                                                 >>Aura Servants<<
Soratami                                                                   >>Sephulcheral Strength<<
Thelivingcrysus                                                              >>Aura Servants<<
LegacyRO3                                                               >>Sephulcheral Strength<<
EndarSeth                                                                       >>Obediant Dead<<
LOGANPL                                                                       >>Grinning Malice<<
Andre1001                                                               >>Sephulcheral Strength<<
DVestal                                                                           >>Born of Flame<<
Thedevilwuster                                                                 >>CrossWinds<<
Killabkilledb                                                                    >>Obediant Dead<< 
Antkour                                                                      >>Sephulcheral Strength<<
Giantsfan2483                                                          >>Sephulcheral Strength<<
Eaglenitewillow                                                               >>Dream Puppets<<

Okay, anymore takers? Size of the league depends on how many we get in these opening stages, obviously. And the join order determines viability, in case of an odd number/people with no partners. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
            Confirmed Teams       

1. Karstien <> Tripp2300

2. Soritami <> LOGANPL

3. Killabkilledb <> Thedevilwuster

4. Eaglenitewillow <> LegacyR03

5. Antkour <> EndarSeth

6. Squalltheonly <> Thelivingcrysus

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

League rules!

1. You must select one deck that is your 'keeper'. This will stay with you through the entire league. Choose well, as once the league starts, this cannot be changed.

2. For each match, you will be given four more decks, randomly generated. There are 3 rounds in a match, and you must use a different deck from your alloted 5 in each round. Each player may use his or her decks as they see fit, so both generating the same deck means they can use both, but two players in the same team MUST select different keeper decks.

3. The matches are best out of three, but for the sake of keeping the available points up for grabs even, all 3 rounds should be played. There is 2 points for a round win, 1 point for a draw, (They do happen, if rarely) and 0 points for a loss. I will keep track of the points here, once the teams have reported in.

4. Disconnecting is annoying, but it does happen. In each round, not match, there can be no more than one disconnection from the same team. Any more, and you take a loss and move on to the next round of the match, if there is one. I know this hurts teams from different countries, (Like my own) as connections can suffer greatly across the ocean, but it will hopefully keep the system from being abused.

5. In the event of a dispute, please contact me and I will try to sort it out. I cannot see this happening, but I want no hostility in this league, it is a friendly competition. Let's keep it that way, and everybody will be happy. The generation of your decks may not be disputed, we are trusting eaglenitewillow to do this, so no complaining if you get bad decks, i'm sure he wll get bad ones too.

6. If a player leaves, is disqualified for any reason, his or her partner must find another suitable candidate to continue. The new player must use the decks already alloted, including the keeper. The keeper deck must not be changed. If no partner can be found, or a full team backs out, every other team will get three points for the match vs that team, whether they have beaten them already, lost to them, or just not played them. This will keep points even.

7. The format for the match-ups will be posted in this slot once we have finalized the number of teams. Please be patient, as I am hoping for ten teams, or at least an even number.

8. The top placed and the runner up in the league after all matches have been played will face off against each other to determine the winner. The top placed team members may select all three of thier decks for the match, the runner up may select two each and have the third chosen by thier opponents. This is an experimental rule, so feel free to dispute it on the other thread. Enough no votes and i'll take it down.

9. The most important rule, EVERYBODY HAVE FUN!

I reserve the right to update these in case anything comes up, such as a better idea being put forwards.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Match-ups - Round 1!

1. Karstien {Von_Carstien} & Tripp2300 vs Endarseth & Antkour

2. Soratami {Ilikethispart} & LOGANPL vs DroneOn {Zerodrone} & Andre1001 {ANdreG1001}

3. Killabkilledb & Thedevilwuster vs LegacyRO3 & Eaglenitewillow {Eaglenitewillow1}

4. Squalltheonly & Thelivingcrysus {Crysus89} vs Aaronjonchesney & Dvestal {Wanderer07}

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Reserved
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I want to be able play split screen but if I can't I am still in as long as you don't get to pair yourself with Tripp.

I want to be able play split screen but if I can't I am still in as long as you don't get to pair yourself with Tripp.

Of course I do, everybody is finding their own partner, or pairing up. If you already have one, great, if not, you can play with a few of the others and find your best match. We have a few with no partner so far, and they are already talking about testing each other out for a few games. Convo was on the psn tourney 2 thread. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Maybe in the next tourney? We're not the best players out there to be fair. We just know our combos well. Plus we're already gimped with random decks you know.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
Is there a scheduling of matches, or just find your opponents as you're able?  I'd be interested to participate.
If tripp and karstein wanna pair, then let them.  I'm a resounding no vote on split screen.  I Hate people who double fist controllers, and they take really long turns.

DP doesnt really bother me, as I dont think its THAT over-powered, just annoying.  The random decks should prevent people from exloiting obviously good deck combos anyways.  
How does the decking work?

Say its DroneOn and Killa vs Tripp and Karstien in round 1

I choose OD and he choose CL.

We play you a best of 3 and each game of that three we use a different deck or after every match we switch decks?

And you are providing us with the four decks?

And while you write this:

There is no real way to prove it's two players with one console. Hell, there is no way to prove it conclusively with two, but it's a reasonably safe bet.

There is no real way to prove you drew the cards you did so why not just let everyone pick their decks? Are we not trying to be competitve here?
If tripp and karstein wanna pair, then let them.  I'm a resounding no vote on split screen.  I Hate people who double fist controllers, and they take really long turns.

DP doesnt really bother me, as I dont think its THAT over-powered, just annoying.  The random decks should prevent people from exloiting obviously good deck combos anyways.  

I'll bet I'd play as fast if not faster than everyone in there. It is annoying to play turtle splitscreeners but I play fast since I do it so much. I'd prefer solo because it maximizes my skill (all my decks are built to run together with certain combos). For example, my Jace deck is virtually useless right now EXCEPT in 2HG with OD. It performs poorly in 1v1 and with other decks in 2HG.

But since ps3 is better than the ipad we can at least get on the mic before a game and discuss strategy so I'd still play. But for me, and since this is a democracy..... I vote for choosing my own decks. If I can't play spitscreen AND some random guy off the interent WHO IS IN THE TOURNAMENT gets to pick everyone's decks -- including his and his partners--- behind closed doors, I'm out. No offense intended to you, Karstien.
Is there a scheduling of matches, or just find your opponents as you're able?  I'd be interested to participate.

Scheduling will be a nightmare, but I kept open some spots so I can try it. But if you are finding it hard to play a certain match, then skip ahead by all means and re-visit it later. There is no reason not to, just inform me when it's over, and i'll generate your new decks. 

@Aaronjonchesney

It isn't just the turns we give them, but the deck generation too. What, I just give one guy 10 decks and he chooses how he runs them by himself? Besides, as mentioned, this is about solid teamwork, so find the right partner for you, and practice. Discuss your builds in private to compliment each others. As for DP, like I already said, it was mainly a joke. I hate how easy it is, doing a 1v1's amount of work to win, when the life and creature/removal count is raised to make life harder for the other decks, but there are ways around it, and if t is generated, it's still only in one round of the match, but we will see what others think too. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I'll bet I'd play as fast if not faster thanIt is annoying but I play fast splitscreen. I'd prefer solo because it maximizes my skill (all my decks are built to run together with certain combos). For example, my Jace deck is virtually useless right now EXCEPT in 2HG with OD. It performs poorly in 1v1 and with other decks. But since ps3 is better than the ipad we can at least get on the mic before a game and discuss strategy so I'd still play.

But for me, and since this is a democracy..... I vote for choosing my own decks. If I can't play spitscreen and some random guy off the interent WHO IS IN THE TOURNAMENT gets to pick everyone's decks behind closed doors, I'm out. No offense intended to you, Karstien.

Hey, none taken, and if you want to find somebody impartial to choose decks, then be my guest, i'm up for that. I am sure random decks will beat out choice though, for variety at least. I'll wait till you are confirmed before I add you to the list though. Oh, and each player does get to choose one deck, so you have a viable combo at least, you just gotta choose well. The rest, well, I have some rebuilding to do myself. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
How does the decking work?

Say its DroneOn and Killa vs Tripp and Karstien in round 1

I choose OD and he choose CL.

We play you a best of 3 and each game of that three we use a different deck or after every match we switch decks?

And you are providing us with the four decks?

And while you write this:

There is no real way to prove it's two players with one console. Hell, there is no way to prove it conclusively with two, but it's a reasonably safe bet.

There is no real way to prove you drew the cards you did so why not just let everyone pick their decks? Are we not trying to be competitve here?

I just answered your last one, i'm not fussy who draws the decks, as long as it's one person. as for how it works, each player gets their decks, and can play each once. If you both have the same two decks, congrats, you can play them both I guess. Have fun. And don't ever think i'm taking offence from the questions, I like getting things sorted out ahead of time. It's what makes me rather good at organising things, if I do say so myself. And I do.

EDIT:: Diff deck each round, sorry, missed that question. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I vote no mill just not fun to play against. yea and someone else should pic the decks.
So I choose a deck and you randomly choose four more.

I pick one of those five decks to play all three games in round 1 with? Is this correct?

Then at the start of round two, I still have my deck but can't use it if I used it in round 1? I have to use all the decks before using any one twice?

I'll play but I need a partner with a mic. I want someone who is going to communicate during the game and who is willing to collaborate/deck build for a few minutes pre-game..... I may be able to find someone at any rate but again, timing will be the biggest fuss...

Oh and the game won't allow us to play the same color so suppose me and my partner use four decks and during round 5 we both have OD open. What happens?
I vote for mill. If you want to use Jace then use it. It's no fun watching someone take infinte turns either or gain life every turn dragging the game on or locking the board down with exalted cards making the game go forever. Should we ban the panoptic mirror and silent arbiter too? Its no fun having my land killed in a yeva bounce build. Ban the erratic portal and primadox or remove the acidic slime while we are at it. No Befouls or wrecking balls either.

Maybe we should just all run goblins and just attack over and over again until one of us randomly wins.
So I choose a deck and you randomly choose four more.

I pick one of those five decks to play all three games in round 1 with? Is this correct?

Then at the start of round two, I still have my deck but can't use it if I used it in round 1? I have to use all the decks before using any one twice?

I'll play but I need a partner with a mic. I want someone who is going to communicate during the game and who is willing to collaborate/deck build for a few minutes pre-game..... I may be able to find someone at any rate but again, timing will be the biggest fuss...

Oh and the game won't allow us to play the same color so suppose me and my partner use four decks and during round 5 we both have OD open. What happens?

Well, the way I originally planned it, is you choose a deck, I generate four more. You use one per round, 3 per match, and then you get another four. But if we are getting somebody else to generate them, then we need both a willing helper, who is impartial by the way, and could we count on them to draw new decks for every player after every match they play? I was willing to do it, but we now need a new system, because to do all that without ever playing in it is a little much, right? And you can use your chosen deck once per match, in one round only. But you can use it every match. 

The good thing about it was if you got a bad draw of decks, you only had to put up with them for one round. Same as if somebody got the perfect draw. By the way, every league and tourney so far has been ran by a person playing it drawing the random decks, except the ones where you choose, which personally, I feel narrows the playing field. But no matter, complicating things is fun, right? Any suggestions, because I still vote random. as for timing, it's a league, there is no rush. Find your partner, play your matches at your own pace as long as it is within reason. The order doesn't even matter much, just one per opponent. 

I'm tryng to meet all your needs here Killa, but I asked you for an impartial deck generator. Where is he/she? If none can be found, i'll do it myself, or there will be no league. Everybody get's a vote, that's democracy, but somebody still has to run it. If you want to change things, pull your weight or leave. I'm done bending over backwards for no reason other than you want it done your way. I think i'm being more than reasonable here. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I vote for mill. If you want to use Jace then use it. It's no fun watching someone take infinte turns either or gain life every turn dragging the game on or locking the board down with exalted cards making the game go forever. Should we ban the panoptic mirror and silent arbiter too? Its no fun having my land killed in a yeva bounce build. Ban the erratic portal and primadox or remove the acidic slime while we are at it. No Befouls or wrecking balls either.

Maybe we should just all run goblins and just attack over and over again until one of us randomly wins.

I think mill should stay in so people who do run it in 2hg can get there possible wins. You say infinite like its all CW is good for though, and that is to be frank a good reason why you would lose to it a lot built the way I have it.

I do agree turbo mill is generally unfair because all their partner has to do is block till they win. But no reason to ban it. People can only use it once per set of matches yes? then even if they are mill experts odds are they lose the other two games.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
I'm in.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

I'm in.

Glad to have you Devil, always fun, right? Welcome to the league. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Also imo all decks should be available for play.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Always have fun....and mana.

Show

All decks are, but random for every player stops reliance on certain combos and opens up the game. You know my combo by now, imagine I had that EVERY match. You know I would play it, and we have a new one just as good. Besides, there are 15, but people will play the dlc to death, it's too new right now. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I think mill should stay in so people who do run it in 2hg can get there possible wins. You say infinite like its all CW is good for though, and that is to be frank a good reason why you would lose to it a lot built the way I have it.

I do agree turbo mill is generally unfair because all their partner has to do is block till they win. But no reason to ban it. People can only use it once per set of matches yes? then even if they are mill experts odds are they lose the other two games.

Here you go trying to troll and stir **** up again... how you gleaned that from my response is beyond me.

Your Talrand build is a dime a dozen buddy. Same as mine. Talrand has lots of options especially a nasty 9 mana kicked rite of replication, time warps, ways to draw its spells out of the graveyard, stall, control, protection for your teammate, card draw, flyers, etc... but the mirror is the most feared object in Talrand's arsenal. The time warps and rite of replications follow next.... Even if not infinite you can take 2/3 turns...you can replicate and archeomancer and grab the card back EVERY turn....just keep making a chump blocker copy....great stall tactic in 1v1 until you get your mana up.... you can put followed footsteps on a nasty bugger, use bribery to grab the best card.....counter opponents casting and a host of other crap. Plus, FOG BANKS!

You just don't like Turbo mill because you play control freak decks and a turbo mill deck puts you, me and everyone else who plays like that on a clock. Adds variety to the game. I can't stand goblin users in 1v1 but having the potential aggro goblin/PK threat keeps your decks honest in this game...

All decks are, but random for every player stops reliance on certain combos and opens up the game. You know my combo by now, imagine I had that EVERY match. You know I would play it, and we have a new one just as good. Besides, there are 15, but people will play the dlc to death, it's too new right now. 

I like the variety aspect. Alternatively, to make it a lot less work for you and avoid having to randomize our decks behind closed doors why don't we all choose our deck each round, play all three matches with it and then we cannot use that PAIR again. It would make things simpler. Once you use Talrand and Exalted Darkness that pair is forbidden to you the rest of the league.You can use either deck again, just not together....This would remove favorite pairings quickly and prevent repetivie mill/lifegain over and over again.

Though the idea of randomly pairing three or four decks during a match seems fun. We might discover new combinations...

Here you go trying to troll and stir **** up again... how you gleaned that from my response is beyond me.

Your Talrand build is a dime a dozen buddy. Same as mine. Talrand has lots of options especially a nasty 9 mana kicked rite of replication, time warps, ways to draw its spells out of the graveyard, stall, control, protection for your teammate, card draw, flyers, etc... but the mirror is the most feared object in Talrand's arsenal. The time warps and rite of replications follow next.... Even if not infinite you can take 2/3 turns...you can replicate and archeomancer and grab the card back EVERY turn....just keep making a chump blocker copy....great stall tactic in 1v1 until you get your mana up.... you can put followed footsteps on a nasty bugger, use bribery to grab the best card.....counter opponents casting and a host of other crap. Plus, FOG BANKS!

You just don't like Turbo mill because you play control freak decks and a turbo mill deck puts you, me and everyone else who plays like that on a clock. Adds variety to the game. I can't stand goblin users in 1v1 but having the potential aggro goblin/PK threat keeps your decks honest in this game...

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />

Lol I wasn't trolling.... Let me put it this way then. The way I run it I never try to go infinite. Ever. So I drop a mirror, You waste a turn getting rid of it. I just stalled a turn.

Your, what did you call it, oh yes "legendary" blue deck is a dime a dozen. The builds don't make a skilled player. A "skilled" player can make do with what he/she is dealt, bar some luck based issues.
LOL at you thinking playing with trash makes you good. The skill comes in building a deck and using it. You need both.

I like the variety aspect. Alternatively, to make it a lot less work for you and avoid having to randomize our decks behind closed doors why don't we all choose our deck each round, play all three matches with it and then we cannot use that PAIR again. It would make things simpler. Once you use Talrand and Exalted Darkness that pair is forbidden to you the rest of the league.You can use either deck again, just not together....This would remove favorite pairings quickly and prevent repetivie mill/lifegain over and over again.

Though the idea of randomly pairing three or four decks during a match seems fun. We might discover new combinations...

That's more like it, a suggestion not just complaints. A good one at that, though the same combo for every round again stumps variety. The random pairs make it more fun for all, and the more combos/interesting pairs we discover, the better. I'll have to mull it over, but we have time. So, are you in for certain now? I've yet to put your name up because I really wasn't sure. And by the way...if you look, Tripp voted PRO mill in the league, as did I. Sure, we don't like it, but we still didn't say exclude it. And 9/10, he resets the graveyards anyway with our old combo. It helped us a lot. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
@Killa AND Tripp

You know you can just make a thread to argue on, right?  Just saying...hell, i'll make it myself and start you off. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Yeah, im in either way.
I really wish this 2HG tournament had come around before Borderlands 2 launched. I would have loved to show the forum what Andre and I can do. We specialised in late game come backs so well I could write a book off all the experiences we had.

Shame I have no time to participate. Good luck Andre!
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
if everyone wants, i can do the decks for you guys.  i am not playing in this and i have a site i go to for randomizing things.  so let me know what everyone wants.
if everyone wants, i can do the decks for you guys.  i am not playing in this and i have a site i go to for randomizing things.  so let me know what everyone wants.

My hero. ~swoons~ Lo, all joing aside, could you really do four for every player, every match? 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Yeah, im in either way.

I meant in on the tournament, not your fight thread lol
LOL at you thinking playing with trash makes you good. The skill comes in building a deck and using it. You need both.

Irl yes. In DOTP no. here we have a preset list. yes you can edit those 40 unlocks which takes skill as well. But it's more skill of the player here than anything. 

For example, while your talrand partner waits till turn 7 or 8 to lay mirror I quite possibly have warped twice. And brought one back. All while my partner is busy beating his face in. 

It takes skill to know when to use your cards not blindly rely on one thing to win. 
I really wish this 2HG tournament had come around before Borderlands 2 launched. I would have loved to show the forum what Andre and I can do. We specialised in late game come backs so well I could write a book off all the experiences we had. Shame I have no time to participate. Good luck Andre!

I rented BL2 but I am having trouble getting into it. Too cartoonish compared to a COD/BF3 type game...
Why not? I have no life....lol.  that s not true cause i have kids and stuff, but I should be able to.  once you guys have the names and teams and what not, i can make the list pretty quick.  then once everyone is done with each match, I go back and do it all over again.  Gonna take time for everyone to do their respective matches, so that should give me plenty of time to do it.  Just need to know if you guys are using all the decks, or only some or what ever.  I can do a post and just edit that same one every time it needs to be updated.
I need a partner, so far the only person from here I have in my friend list is LegacyRO.

If anyone would like to test out some decks and see how we click, add me in PSN squalltheonly  
Why not? I have no life....lol.  that s not true cause i have kids and stuff, but I should be able to.  once you guys have the names and teams and what not, i can make the list pretty quick.  then once everyone is done with each match, I go back and do it all over again.  Gonna take time for everyone to do their respective matches, so that should give me plenty of time to do it.  Just need to know if you guys are using all the decks, or only some or what ever.  I can do a post and just edit that same one every time it needs to be updated.

Excellent, then i'm glad to have you here. And everybody will be choosing one deck, so you will have to exclude it for every player. I'll provide you a list once it's settled. Thanks mate, I owe you. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White